LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 104 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    technique is what you make of it. i think that a lot of americans would argue that there is A LOT of technique in fouling off countless pitches, and to finally solidly hit the one that you want. The difference in bat height between intentionally fouling a pitch and hitting it is a matter of inches. Not to mention that with the avg pitch, the batter has 1 second or less to: pick up the pitch, evaluate where you think it will go, decide whether its worth hitting, and making the decision to hit or not to hit it, all in time to actually swing. And with the avg pitch at about 90mph (~145kph) that is not easy.
    And if you look at the movement that pitchers can put on a ball, I can't even begin to go into the technique that pitching demands. A couple degrees in arm rotation early in your release, the ball sails over the catcher and a runner from third scores, and a couple degrees late the ball hits the dirt and you look like an idiot. Baseball is a superbly rich sport in terms of technique.
    Last edited by jowii; 06-17-2007 at 04:32 PM.

2. Ads

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii Ron
    Yeah but surely soccer is a far superior game in terms of technique as opposed to baseball, basketball and american football. Im not judging anyone by any means, just curious.

For the record, i think 1-0 would probably be the least popular scorline in soccer. Id say more games end up 3-1 or 2-1.
    I'm not going to say you need more technique for but I will say it's a draw.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    For the record, i think 1-0 would probably be the least popular scorline in soccer. Id say more games end up 3-1 or 2-1.
    its not all about the final score of the game that matters. i used to play soccer and went to a few mls games and i remember them saying this one goalie had 8 saves his last outing, "truly impressive". if there were only 8 shots and it was impressive, count me out. when there's a breakaway, penalty shot, corner ball, free kick, etc. the game is very exciting. i just don't want to watch the midfielders play catch with the fullbacks for over 90% of the game. that's the main reason i switched to basketball, there's scoring opportunities everywhere.... that and i sucked at baseball.

and before you say that baseball is boring too, its not, the ball is constantly put in play and even the low-scoring pitching duels are exciting, especially if someone's got a no-no going.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1764-2182-6190-0906
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    its not all about the final score of the game that matters. i used to play soccer and went to a few mls games and i remember them saying this one goalie had 8 saves his last outing, "truly impressive". if there were only 8 shots and it was impressive, count me out. when there's a breakaway, penalty shot, corner ball, free kick, etc. the game is very exciting. i just don't want to watch the midfielders play catch with the fullbacks for over 90% of the game. that's the main reason i switched to basketball, there's scoring opportunities everywhere.... that and i sucked at baseball.

and before you say that baseball is boring too, its not, the ball is constantly put in play and even the low-scoring pitching duels are exciting, especially if someone's got a no-no going.
    Lol, i watch the MLS on Sky sometimes and i love the way the American commentaters word the game. Like, CORNER BALL! or THAT'S AN OUT BALL! or IT'S ONLY 5 MINS 'TILL FACE OFF! Quality! Its just a different world. Oh aye, PENALTY SHOT! is another favorite
    ''I got love for you, if you were born in the Ayeties, the Ayeties''

My Girlfriend can't fight, but you wanna see her box...

Strikers Code
    485431 993526

Allstar Mario Player allstar2b87's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3201-2736-5122-4454
    hey..wii ron..throw me some soccer lling from across the pond (canada)

**i personally love soccer, baseball, basketball and of COURSE hockey.
    I've played all of them for pretty good teams with trophies and medals and such except for hockey(just watch it). I love Football(soccer) where you are from. It's much more exciting then our MLS!...baseball is the S H (I)T as well..im a huge bluejays fan(wish they could step it up)...

but anyways, the point is everyone has there own opinion on what sport they love to play, watch or whatever. Really depends where you grow up ...Europeans love there "football" and americans love there baseball and football...canadians well...thats obvious..we love our hockey...haha!

Wii Online Code: 3201-2736-5122-4454
    Wii Username:snozzberry

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING Wii FRIEND CODES
    *****PM IF YOU ARE ADDING ME AND I WILL DO LIKEWISE*****

Wii Play | Zelda:Twilight Princess | Super Paper Mario | Splinter Cell D.A

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

**Just got Photoshop CS2!!, learning to make sigs**

the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    wow. i cannot believe we have had 25 pages in this thread!!!Anyways

Yanks have lost 2 in a row.. Now 10 games back... O man, we need another 9 game winning streak.. Come On Yankees!!!!

Fwelr- The BIGS ( Next Week)!!
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Marlins take a much needed 2 of 3 from the white sox.

I can't wait for "The Bigs" either.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Yeah Cricket.
    Thing is, why is football (soccer) so loved and cherished everywhere in Europe, Asia, even Austrailia yet it just doesnt register in peoples minds in the States? Id like to hear an American's view on this.
    As an American I see soccer as this:

Run around. Run around and kick a ball. Run around and kick a ball some more. Head butt another player. Run around some more. (an hour later) Team A scores one point. (an eternity later)
    Team A beats Team B 1/0.

Uhhh... I will stick to my Football, Basketball, NASCAR, and NHRA.

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    the giants are struggling............. big time. 7 in a row, 11 under 500, 11 1/2 out. season's all but lost. at least we got Bonds breaking the record and the All-Star game to look forward to, though.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    Jays got owned in the 8th inning letting 6 runs in...

xbox live: Dun Worry It K

Ads