Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/11

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4054-9249-4284-3802

9/11

Hey, just wondered how everyone was dealing with today, September 11th; 9/11?

I live in America, so it's a very somber day. No one I knew was on any of the planes nor in the World Trade Center or Pentagon, thank goodness. Sadly, I'm guessing that's not the case for everyone here.

I was in Math class in my first year of Middle School when it all started, but I didn't find out until that afternoon. The images on TV of planes exploding and buildings falling were so completly odd and sureal, I didn't know what to make of them. Later on I was more able to comprehend it and I felt like crying, but annoyingly enough, being an average American boy, I couldn't, which made me even sadder.

We talked a bit about it in History class today and our teacher said it's our generation's defining moment, sort of how WWII was for people of that time. He said it's going to be weird in about 30 years when kids learn about 9/11 in school and see it as just another boring event and date; that's sort of the nature of the beast.

What are everyone's thoughts and emotions?
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 09-11-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i remember it was my first year at a private school and were were in Bible Class but our room was being used for something and we had to have class in the gym. well our principle came in and said the WTC just got bombed. we brought 5 TVs into the gym and the whole school was their. while we were watching, the 2nd tower got hit so i saw it live. it was a very scary moment. the worst part is, the very same day the planes were back in the air, we were on a flight to Florida for a cruise

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    thats odd when i was at school in 5th grade all the teachers kept it a secret from the whole school and they did a good job too lol...plus we had a bomb scare...anyways, at school today, we had 3 moments of silence, one in the morning at like 8:00 when the annaouncements were on, one at 9:59 and one at 10:27 or whenever the towers were hit...other than that, today, at school was a pretty normal day except for history class...after school i didnt c too many ppl not too much was going on
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    move on.

every damn year....

Member #
    Friends
    yeah us in colorado just got a bunch of hail. and some kid got into a fight and got his @$$ whooped by a freshman.

some kid tried to get everybody in the school to skip that day, to create a "national holiday" so we can get the day off every year. that was stupid.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakobthelyre
    yeah us in colorado just got a bunch of hail. and some kid got into a fight and got his @$$ whooped by a freshman.

some kid tried to get everybody in the school to skip that day, to create a "national holiday" so we can get the day off every year. that was stupid.
    lol thats pretty funny (but in a good way, not evil way)
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    One of my friends had like 15+ relatives on the plane, i was only like in year 5 i think or 4 dunno. Maybe even year 3. We didnt know about it at scool but my paretns had told me as soon as it happened cause it was like night time in Australia i think. I was quite afraid.

Member #
    Friends
    15+....is your friend arabic? I know its kinda wrong, but i seriously think hes lieing..no one even cares about 9/11, like no one mentions it or anything, it was only mentioned once in math class when my teacher told us the date, and she just said: a very sad day
    its prety sad acutally =[

My story:
    3rd grade, September 10th: my friend: "richard richard! were getting bombed!! were getting bombed! check the radio! check the news! its everywhere!" i check nothing and relizes she was joking
    September 11th: nothing mentioned at school, i dont believe my friend again, then she turned on my TV and i just saw people talking and then saw a video of the second plane i think, thats all i remember from watching the news, next day in school we had a moment of silence

yah the whole friend thing is the scariest thing in the world..im serious it happened
    Last edited by Sovieto; 09-11-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    15+....is your friend arabic? I know its kinda wrong, but i seriously think hes lieing..no one even cares about 9/11, like no one mentions it or anything, it was only mentioned once in math class when my teacher told us the date, and she just said: a very sad day
    its prety sad acutally =[

My story:
    3rd grade, September 10th: my friend: "richard richard! were getting bombed!! were getting bombed! check the radio! check the news! its everywhere!" i check nothing and relizes she was joking
    September 11th: nothing mentioned at school, i dont believe my friend again, then she turned on my TV and i just saw people talking and then saw a video of the second plane i think, thats all i remember from watching the news, next day in school we had a moment of silence

yah the whole friend thing is the scariest thing in the world..im serious it happened
    It was in year 3-5 and the guy was american and im pretty sure he had add. Im positive he lost some members but he might have just exageratted it a little

Member #
    Friends
    yeah my mom was watching the smoking building and then saw a second plane crash.

man that must have been confusing/scary.

i was in sixth grade, havent even woken up for school yet and my brother was telling me and i said "yeah yeah, two planes crashed into a building.... so what? the building was in the way and they were bad pilots. now let me go back to sleep."

then i found out they were terrorists. ooh!!! i clearly remember my friend telling me "i bet you its those DAMN RUSSIANS!!"

yeah.. it wasnt.

where am i going with this?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads