LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    As for President Bush I'm honestly scared to death of him. Of the decisions hes made. Of the decisions he'll probably make in the future. And of the stupidity that he continues to show not only decent American citizens like myself but citizens of the World as well. Only thing I can say is thank God 2008 is right around the corner because this country really needs change. The only problem is that the next president will have inherited a hot mess of a country thanks to " might warlord...Premeir Bush".[/FONT]
    Yeah, I'm kinda wondering what the right-winged lot will vote for, "the woman" or "the non-white". They do seem to like their white haired older guys...

    Kinda bad for the rest of the world too. I mean, the rest of the world doesn't get a say in which person should be president, yet we have to live with the consequences of it. It wouldn't be so bad if the American government strictly adhered to the UN (or a global governance), but it's just the fact that the American government will just do it's own thing and the rest of the world be damned.

    But yeah, I think it's good to recognise that not all Americans are Bush-lovin', Gun-totting archetypes. It's good to hear a non-hegemonic voice.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  2. #22
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    i read a couple of the posts, and i think your damn right stupid...

    obviously you know nothing about modern media.
    so for example, your in a small room, sitting on a chair, you can't get off this chair. now there is a window 10ft away, that your looking out of. that window is your TV screen or computer monitor. what ever..
    the other side is the news. when the news isn't on, theres people moving things, if these kids playing in the streets, they will move them, and put a wack off tank there. just so the story makes more sense. imagine a head-line; 12 more soliders killed today, and then a picture of 8 kids playing football. lol it's stupid.

    They show what they want to show, and what they want us to believe.

    Notice how the soliders just fried from iran or whereever they where, are allowed to sell there stories, thats the first in the history of the british forces. and note the controversy over them being told what to say.

    the media is bollocks don't believe anything thats in the paper, internet or even said on TV.
    Mac Expert.

  3. #23
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i read a couple of the posts, and i think your damn right stupid...

    obviously you know nothing about modern media.
    so for example, your in a small room, sitting on a chair, you can't get off this chair. now there is a window 10ft away, that your looking out of. that window is your TV screen or computer monitor. what ever..
    the other side is the news. when the news isn't on, theres people moving things, if these kids playing in the streets, they will move them, and put a wack off tank there. just so the story makes more sense. imagine a head-line; 12 more soliders killed today, and then a picture of 8 kids playing football. lol it's stupid.

    They show what they want to show, and what they want us to believe.

    Notice how the soliders just fried from iran or whereever they where, are allowed to sell there stories, thats the first in the history of the british forces. and note the controversy over them being told what to say.

    the media is bollocks don't believe anything thats in the paper, internet or even said on TV.
    Watch a film called "Wag the dog". It is this same basic concept. Scary satire - scary because it could so easily be true.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  4. #24
    No.1 Smurf Wii_Smurf's Avatar
    Member #
    6200
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,952
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hey im back
    LMFAO!
    But im not getting involved..... Carry on



    No Longer Have A Wii


  5. #25
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Watch a film called "Wag the dog". It is this same basic concept. Scary satire - scary because it could so easily be true.
    i don't know if that is a question or if ur telling me..

    but what i know is that what i said is true, i had to study it at university.
    Mac Expert.

  6. #26
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i don't know if that is a question or if ur telling me..

    but what i know is that what i said is true, i had to study it at university.
    I was requesting that you do. I understand what you're saying, and agree 100% with it. I did find that "Wag the dog" was a good illustration of it, and would only help to provide you with a media text basis for your arguements.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  7. #27
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i read a couple of the posts, and i think your damn right stupid...

    obviously you know nothing about modern media.
    so for example, your in a small room, sitting on a chair, you can't get off this chair. now there is a window 10ft away, that your looking out of. that window is your TV screen or computer monitor. what ever..
    the other side is the news. when the news isn't on, theres people moving things, if these kids playing in the streets, they will move them, and put a wack off tank there. just so the story makes more sense. imagine a head-line; 12 more soliders killed today, and then a picture of 8 kids playing football. lol it's stupid.

    They show what they want to show, and what they want us to believe.
    Yeah I agree, I've seen them do that in my own university newspaper. However you make it sound like everything they say is a lie which would be a foolish thing to do. If you werent implying that then


    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    the media is bollocks don't believe anything thats in the paper, internet or even said on TV.
    yeah so every car bomb we hear about blowning are troops up and every ambush they off is all for publicity...we are even killing our own troops so we have the funerals back home to prove it. Blast those reporters!


    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i don't know if that is a question or if ur telling me..
    I'd assume he's telling you since he didnt end the sentence with a question mark, but thats just my guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    but what i know is that what i said is true, i had to study it at university.
    It is true, and sometimes its not. I'm about to graduate from a university, whats ur major?
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  8. #28
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Dont_Know859
    Yeah I agree, I've seen them do that in my own university newspaper. However you make it sound like everything they say is a lie which would be a foolish thing to do. If you werent implying that then


    It is true, and sometimes its not. I'm about to graduate from a university, whats ur major?

    i'm not saying that everything is a lie, i'm just saying nothing is 100% true in the media.

    My major is in Web Applications Development. Basically covering a whole array of new media development based around the web, as well as old methods that are still in common practice.
    Mac Expert.

  9. #29
    Hoo-ah! I_Dont_Know859's Avatar
    Member #
    1262
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    217
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2253-9251-9851-5765
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i'm not saying that everything is a lie, i'm just saying nothing is 100% true in the media.

    My major is in Web Applications Development. Basically covering a whole array of new media development based around the web, as well as old methods that are still in common practice.
    Yeah thats definitely true, you just seemed to dismiss it totally though. There is just some stuff from them you should only take with a grain of salt if you know what I mean. Sounds like an interesting major, I'm sure a degree in that area will definitely benefit you in this day and age. Best of luck to you.
    For he is God's servant to do thee good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the servant of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4

  10. #30
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in New Jersey
    Posts
    737
    Friends
    13
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Oh no...
    Definitely not on forums...
    This isn't school, where talking with your friends about religion and politics will make you enemies with one another. If you can't communicate in school, or even peacefully with people on the forums, where is the right spot and time to discuss these occurences and issues? Afterall, the lounge section is not restricted to certain topics. If you do not want to make an imput or get involved, then you don't have to waste your *valuable* time commenting and clicking on the title of the forum that appealed to you before you clicked on it in the first place (you see the title, and click on it whether or not you want to enter that thread...obviously). You act like the world is gonna end. Well, a forum for a certain topic is formed. Then the same forum invites a section where you may bring up ANY topic. Any topic means ANY, whether it be religion or politics. You are not restricted to how far you can go; if you wanna discuss it and it doesn't have to do with any of the given topics, then you go here.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

    SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts