LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *new ipods*

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I never understood the need to have ipods play video, i mean adding a decent sized screen to be able to view the videos/movies just defeats the idea of having a small sleak little mp3 player.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by i0n
    I never understood the need to have ipods play video, i mean adding a decent sized screen to be able to view the videos/movies just defeats the idea of having a small sleak little mp3 player.
    True.

But the video iPod was pretty neat.

My friend has one and we watch vids in the car sometimes when we're bored.

But yeah, it defeats the purpose of being small/sleek.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by deity_link
    I'm thinking of getting an Ipod Video and selling my mini
    how much u want for the mini? a mini ipod or a nano?
    Wii savings: = $400.00
    Games = zelda tp, mario galaxy, Wii sports, avatar, dragon quest, elebits.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit003
    how much u want for the mini? a mini ipod or a nano?
    i would imagine he means mini, people ussualy dont get thoes confused and nanos go for way less than minis

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    i would imagine he means mini, people ussualy dont get thoes confused and nanos go for way less than minis
    I think you got it backwards: yes he was talking about an iPod mini, but the minis are going for way less than the nanos because the minis were released quite a while back.

I think the iPod is one of the best and worst mp3 players around. I'm personally an Apple fan and Mac user (recently converted, not a life-long user; Macs sucked til Mac OS X came out IMO) and iPod's just work so well on Macs. I've used iTunes on Windows and I understand why some people hate Apple and iPods because it's not well made and has a lot of bugs (although many of them are just Windows problems aswell).

The Click Wheel and menu style is, in my opinion, unmatched when it comes to ease of use, speed and simplicity, which is very important to me. iTunes, atleast for Mac is amazingly easy to use, especially now with the new version they just released which has an awesome album-view thing.

Also, as every iPod comes out, the price gets better and the features increase. Now they all have color screens, good save capacities, pretty good battery life, can play movies, music w/ album art, nice games, and music videos. However, I hate having to have iTunes installed on a computer to be able to plug the damn iPod in!!!!!!! Gosh, I just want to use it as a portable flash drive sometimes, yet I can't? Why? I think their prices could go lower still, their capacities increased, their features made better like maybe an FM tuner or bluetooth for wireless conectivity...and yeah, a cell phone ability would be great.

I too am sick of product placement, although I personally only watch cable news and a few other shows like The Office, so I rarely see those stupid MTV music videos. Just wondering, why do you guys even tune to that channel anyway? MTV: Music Television? BS, they hardly ever have music anymore, just stupid reality shows, which aren't based in reality at all, and TRL, which is really controlled by the record companies that rob the artists they say they back.

As soon as I can, I'm getting rid of my iPod mini (which has a version of linux running on it, so I can play a ton of games like asteroids and space invaders) and get the 80GB iPod because I plan on using it to backup everything on my computer.

Just remember, the more competition the better. In the end, we benefit.
    Last edited by NateTheGreat; 09-13-2006 at 04:33 PM.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Harris
    2GB will cost $149.99.
    4GB will cost $199.99.
    8GB will cost $249.99.
    And suddenly the price of Sony's Playstation 3 makes oh so much sense

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chris*
    And suddenly the price of Sony's Playstation 3 makes oh so much sense
    Woah if 8 GB for an ipod is 250 dollars, then 600 dollars for a 60 gb ipod isn't bad. Plus it could do more than play music.
    (Please don't flame me for this guys)

Member #
    Friends
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermariomp3
    Woah if 8 GB for an ipod is 250 dollars, then 600 dollars for a 60 gb ipod isn't bad. Plus it could do more than play music.
    heh... hmmmm that is kinda screwy, i guess the extra money when buying the nano would be the purchase for the size and small-ness of the ipod ..... i have an ipod video but it feels humongous so i dont take it many places unless im going a far way in my car, or if im meeting with friends i havent seen in a while because i wanna show them pics and such, or taking programs to a friends house ... but yeah.... its cool they have the ipod video, i think that what they needed to do was make one with a voice recorder built in, but that is just my opinion..... ( i have the 30 gb 5g ipod vid)

Ngiyabonga, my friend. ~Marisa~'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by komio
    im sick of product placement but NOT sick of technological advances in this world, it makes more of a convinience, and has no bad impact on us as a culture except if providing information more effectivly and more quickly is a crime?, i got the email this morning of the new ipods which i think they are really cool, and hopefully they wont have the same scratch issues the recent batch of 5g ipods have had ya know?

I disagree. These "technilogical advances" have only been for entertainment purposes. Yet another thing to make humans more lazy then they already are, and I don't only mean ipods. It's gotten out of hand how lazy people are getting. These new technologies are making people spend a fortune on unnecessary crap.

On the contrary, it makes less of a convenience: It causes people to spend more, thus, work more. People have become so uptight about their cell-phones and all their little crap now-a-days. As much as it may seem to "improve" communication toward humans, it actually seperates them. In the past people would actually go to each other's houses to talk face to face, now, all they do is call from their cell-phone and it weakens social skills. Kids in school all are wearing headphones and not socializing with others. Adults are locked on their cell-phones and can't even hang it up for a minute to check out at a store. It's REDICULOUS!

People are treating cell-phones and ipods as if they are a religion. It's bad for economy as well. It causes inflation which causes prices to go up, which also causes our pay to go up, but that is not a good thing. If prices and pay go up, the dollar looses it's value and before you know it, all currencies are as mad as Mexican currency.

I understand using this new technology for things like fighting crime and keeping criminals off the street, but I do not agree in the manner it has been forced upon citizens. Constant commercials, subliminal messages in tv and movie programs, product placement, telemarketers and the list goes on...Even on those crappy-ass reality shows with their "text message votes" that only make the cell-phones additional money.

It's gotten to the point where humans are now communicating with technology more then other humans. Social skills have gone down the drain along with morals and values. I whole-heartedly believe that enough is enough. Want to use technology to help the enviornment? Wonderful! Want to use it to put away creeps? Awesome! But for the love of God, stop shoving it in our faces as if it's the "new-age" thing that everybody MUST do. People need to go back to reading books and visiting eachother instead of leaving a message from their crap razor phone.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermariomp3
    *Flames Supermariomp3*

lol, JK.

But yeah, it really doesn't seem that bad, does it?

Ads