Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working Out...

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1156-6661-4692-6561

Working Out...

I have been doing weights (Dumbbells) for over a year now. im 14 years of age.

Most people have the common misconception that "doing weights stops your growth" well i can pretty much say im living proof that, that is just a myth.

I started when i was 13, and am still going now, and i havent stop growing at all. in fact im much much taller than when i first started.

I use 5kg weights, and do about 30 on each arm everyday. It good to keep a steady, easier number than to lunge into like 50 a day lol.

But staying on topic, what are your thoughts on weights stopping growth? I remember seeing an article on the net once, about a scientist that made around 50 young boys and girls (around the age of 9-10) do some light weight training, to see if it had an effect at all. no effect took place, and the scientist did some other tests and basically proved that weights do not stop growth...

Thoughts?

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I'm pretty sure that is just a myth.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    That is an extremely untrue myth. I started working out two years ago and I am one of the tallest kids in my grade. I have no idea who started this myth but apparently they are wrong.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    yep, well put. im quite tall for my age aswell. the argument was that becuase your arms grow shorter when you gain muscel, it is out of proportion with your body, cuasing your body to also stop growing.

When i heard that i almost started laughing

Member #
    Friends
    7404-0035-3816-1331
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoman
    yep, well put. im quite tall for my age aswell. the argument was that becuase your arms grow shorter when you gain muscel, it is out of proportion with your body, cuasing your body to also stop growing.

When i heard that i almost started laughing
    Yeah really, the only thing that I heard that could really stunt your growth is coffee.

Wiichats BIGGER Metal Head
    Don't listen to Mr.Resi, Chad Smith owns Thrasher!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Just so many threads about the same problems day after day. They get on top of you like a horny prostitute

Ads