LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: mp4 issues

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    That's the point.

MS have tried very hard to make Vista push out non-Microsoft formats whereas XP doesn't try so hard to do so. That's the main reason I run XP when I could've gotten Vista for free. The problem is that it makes Vista-ready periphials a bit screwy when it comes to interacting with other Windows systems - especially when it comes to Multimedia.

youre missing the point, this has nothing to do with the vista for microsoft. its just the name of the MP3 player. it has no relation to the actual MS program.

but to be a bit off topic, i wouldnt get vista at all because it has been nothing but crappy from day one

now back to my mp3 formats, why did my thing come out to 4G? is that because it was uncompressed? i compressed it to WMA would that help? its still an AVI file though

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The page you linked to sorta gave the impression it was configured for compatability with Vista but whatever. I still think you should just throw every possible Microsoft format at it. Hell. put the video into Windows Movie Maker and resave it in WMM's default format and try that xD

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    The page you linked to sorta gave the impression it was configured for compatability with Vista but whatever. I still think you should just throw every possible Microsoft format at it. Hell. put the video into Windows Movie Maker and resave it in WMM's default format and try that xD
    lol thats pretty much what im doing just going at my own risk here, now that i know how to clear out the ENTIRE unit now i got nothing to worry about.

i just am so frustrated with the damn thing that it wont work on the formats it says it will!!!! yarp!!!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    now back to my mp3 formats, why did my thing come out to 4G? is that because it was uncompressed? i compressed it to WMA would that help? its still an AVI file though
    Yeah, sounds like it's uncompressed (either that, or the video is the entirity of the Lord Of the Rings trilogy). WMA, if I'm not mistaken is a audio format. Have you tried MPEG-4 codec? (That's if you have it). If you don't have it, something like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack may have it included (It's free).

Also, computer stores have virtually stopped selling XP systems now. Considering Vista has so many compatibility faults (so I've heard), I think it's really crappy move from Microsoft. I can see a lot of PC's gathering dust on store shelves...

...except for the gullible people. They'll buy them...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

The_Loose_Cannon
    its Windows Media Player im sorry not WMA. my bad

anyways, ill try that too.....it was an episode of scrubs that i converted and it went to 4G

it was uncompressed so what should i change it to?

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    its Windows Media Player im sorry not WMA. my bad
    No Problem.

anyways, ill try that too.....it was an episode of scrubs that i converted and it went to 4G
    Hehe, I love that series. Though in the UK, they get repeated so often, it's not really worth forking out the price for them on DVD.

it was uncompressed so what should i change it to?
    There should be options to change it to something like Microsoft video 1, Intel Indeo video, Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec or something. Basically, something older than Xvid, 3vid or DivX (unless it supports DivX, in which case, go ahead).

Just looked on the website.
    "Support WMV, MPG, MPEG I, MPEG II converted to AVI playing (Software included)".
    This should mean that you could always open the original file into Windows Movie Maker (possibly, if it's supported), and save it as a WMV file, and then convert that file from there. Bit of a long way around, but it might work...
    Last edited by Squall7; 05-18-2007 at 05:54 PM.

The_Loose_Cannon
    ok i have NO idea what you are looking at

i got RAD video tool.

this is what i see

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    ok i have NO idea what you are looking at

i got RAD video tool.

this is what i see

Ooo, new South Parks? I'll have to download them...

...Anyway, from there you should click on convert. Then it'll start prepping the file. After that, you should have a little box in front of you that asks about video compression.
    Last edited by Squall7; 05-18-2007 at 06:25 PM.

The_Loose_Cannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Ooo, new South Parks? I'll have to download them...

...Anyway, from there you should click on convert. Then it'll start prepping the file. After that, you should have a little box in front of you that asks about video compression.
    ok i got that much, but what should i click it to?

Last edited by The_Loose_Cannon; 05-18-2007 at 06:24 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    ok i got that much, but what should i click it to?

Microsoft video 1, Intel Indeo video, Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec or something.

Should have at least one of those. If not, send me a print screen of what you do have.

Ahem.... XXX chat? Does Brawny know?

Ads