+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    If she is never found, God forbid. I hope that she was abducted because someone badly wanted a daughter, although they should have never went to those lengths.

Anyway, people can't blame other country's policing skills because they don't know their attitudes to certain cases. If anything, they're still trying to help, don't know about anyone else, but, that's a good thing.

If she was seen in Morocco, how did she get there? How was she able to get out of Portugal that quickly without police all over the place?
    The police stood at sides of roads talking to each while they eventualy sealed off the apartment. . .

Member #
    Friends
    My opinion is that people are making a big fuss over it simply because the victim happens to be English. Why is it that the press are so obsessed with things which happen to English nationals and don't care at all about the same things when they happen all over the world every freaking day?

She's probably just a statistic by now and, tbh, I couldn't care less. Welcome to the real world kids.

;l

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Bonodo mind if I use that as my sig?

Griever you're pretty sick fair play.. every post I see by you makes me hate you just that little bit more every time...

Member #
    Friends
    A kid got kidknapped, that's definately a bad thing, but the fact is everyone is hyping up as if it is something which is uncommon. It's not uncommon, it's not special and - frankly - the only reason anyone cares is because this girl speaks English and not some other language.

So, yeah, you call me sick all you want, I'm not the one ignoring the reality of the situation. I'd rather be a sick realist than an idealist who really needs to take off the rose-tinted glasses.

Member #
    Friends
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Bonodo mind if I use that as my sig?

Griever you're pretty sick fair play.. every post I see by you makes me hate you just that little bit more every time...
    yeah shure, im on wii so i cant resize it for mine, i want to though

help me im dying help

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Call me an idealist because I give a **** about a little girl that's been kidnapped?

Lol.. you've no idea..

And Bonodo, I think the more people who have sigs like that the better really, spread the word as much as we can

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    No, its not because she's english, it's because she is a little girl that got kidnapped out of the hotel room in a foreign country.

Whys the point in telling every one to tone it down?

If all your family got killed you'd want police help and for people to help you and make a big thing.

Lay off maddie.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well if they were dead then the police investigation would be over

WIN!

The fact that she could be alive is why it's still in the papers. And to be quite frank with you all this internet petition bullshit won't help the police

No Longer Have A Wii

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Well if they were dead then the police investigation would be over

WIN!

The fact that she could be alive is why it's still in the papers. And to be quite frank with you all this internet petition bullshit won't help the police
    Its a reward for anyone who could find maddie >.<

Member #
    Friends
    No, its not because she's english, it's because she is a little girl that got kidnapped out of the hotel room in a foreign country.
    UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, says millions of children each year are bought, sold or kidnapped into slavery. Another international aid group, Save the Children, says more than 120,000 girls and young women, some as young as eight years old, have been forced to take an active role in armed conflicts, many of them in Africa.

Shockingly, none of this is in the paper at all. Ever. Yet the case of one English girl has dominated the news for the last week. It's a tragic thing to have happened, sure, but I just find it sick that the media only cares about English speaking tragedies.

Whys the point in telling every one to tone it down?
    I'm not asking people to tone down; I simply think people should reaslise that the problem is much bigger than this one single case and perhaps focus their efforts on doing something more meaningful.

If all your family got killed you'd want police help and for people to help you and make a big thing.
    This is a kidknapping case so congratulations on your out of context remark. You are right, though, I would want the Police to help because that's their job - I wouldn't want the press to hype it for weeks of news coverage, though, because unlike most people I have a much wider view of the world. This kidknap should have been reported - but not for hour upon hour of news coverage about things which have barely changed. When something important happens then they should report it but, otherwise, get on with other news.

Lay off maddie.
    I wasn't laying into Maddie; I just think people should appreciate the wider picture and focus more on the problem instead of the symptoms.

Like I said - it is tragic when people are kidknapped but this stuff happens all over the world and it's that which people should get into a big huff about. Not single cases. Single cases are for the Police to solve.

Ads