Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Also, battery life depends on how long you keep the backlight on (if at all).

Some good sources for videos:

iTunes Store
    Youtube
    Limewire

For the iTunes Store, it's pretty obvious, open iTunes and find a movie/show you like. You will need to pay $$$ though.

For Youtube, you will need to (for Macs) first download and application called isquint which will convert Youtube videos into iPod-compatible videos. When you're done downloaded, go to Youtube and find a video you will like to watch on your iPod. Click bookamrks on the top of your mac and open activites. A bunch of files will appear, click the largest one (the actual video file) and it will imediatly start to download. Then from the desktop, drag the file to iSquint and it will start to convert.

Limewire - open it up, and start downloaded a searched video, simple enough. the file is imediatly exported to iTunes.

Above is AKA:

Get a Black Video iPod!
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

2. Ads

The_Loose_Cannon
    www.uxcell.com

yeah yeah yeah advertising but if its out of your pocket, get a cool ass mp4 player! i own the spectrum. dont get the vista my bf has that and im going out of my mind trying to get movies on it! mine is sooo easy!

anyways, if your parents are spending the cash, get an ipod. only reason i dont get an ipod is because i HATE having what everyone else has and that its so stupid and played out. it is however the most practical

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Another thing to add to the list of where to get them is torrents (of course you must also own the original copy. Wink Wink). I wouldn't get a black iPod either. I got a black one and I regret it. They look good in pictures, but once you get one they don't look as good and they show scratches and dirt very easily. @Loose: The Spectrum only comes in 1GB-4GB which is way too small for me. Maybe you could get a cheap Chinese rip off. My friend went to China and he came back and told me he got an iPod Nano. I asked him to show it to me, so he pulled it out and it doesn't even look real. Here is a pic of it.

It works pretty good though and it can play videos. I looked it up and it only costs $20.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    yes.....get an 80gb ipod video for 349.99 american and it holds 20,000 songs or 150hours of 640x480 h.264...and 20hours music and 6 hours video
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

The_Loose_Cannon
    oh yeah they dont have anything over 5G unless its like a 2G with expandable mini sd (not micro transflash)

in truth, its not as "cheap" as it is. the screen is very visible but the buttons deff feel "off" at first since they arent really embedded in the product. they are kinda elevated a tad. same thing with the screen. its raised a little bit. i would like it all to be flush.

but hey for 80$ and it does 400 songs and 1 movie and its barely even touched the half way mark, i gotta say its pretty damn awesome

dealextreme.com has the 1g nano look alike on sale for like 30$ i think.

so yeah back to topic, get an ipod for the size if you have TONS of stuff. i usually delete my movies after im done watching them on my mp4 player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    Also, battery life depends on how long you keep the backlight on (if at all).

Some good sources for videos:

iTunes Store
    Youtube
    Limewire

For the iTunes Store, it's pretty obvious, open iTunes and find a movie/show you like. You will need to pay $$$ though.

For Youtube, you will need to (for Macs) first download and application called isquint which will convert Youtube videos into iPod-compatible videos. When you're done downloaded, go to Youtube and find a video you will like to watch on your iPod. Click bookamrks on the top of your mac and open activites. A bunch of files will appear, click the largest one (the actual video file) and it will imediatly start to download. Then from the desktop, drag the file to iSquint and it will start to convert.

Limewire - open it up, and start downloaded a searched video, simple enough. the file is imediatly exported to iTunes.

Above is AKA:

Get a Black Video iPod!
    for the youtube vids you can just use this http://vixy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    spicka, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Sets fire to a rag and throws it down spickas gob

The_Loose_Cannon
    to rip youtube videos, i use www.keepvid.com converts them to FLV (i think) format and then you have to convert it to mpeg4 or something like that? correct me if im wrong ive never actually done the process for an ipod/zune

ETA- i do NOT recommend using limewire too much spyware/adaware

Member #
    Friends
    8827-4732-7476-9087
    lol people ALWAYS argue about zune or ipod....its best if u look them up urself.... but neither one of them are good to watch a video on cuz of small screens and short battery life....unless u get a car charger....well the zune has a bigger screen and i think it looks better but ipod has itunes which is SOO much better than the stupid zune software...but u def should look it up urself........

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by gh05t
    lol people ALWAYS argue about zune or ipod....its best if u look them up urself.... but neither one of them are good to watch a video on cuz of small screens and short battery life....unless u get a car charger....well the zune has a bigger screen and i think it looks better but ipod has itunes which is SOO much better than the stupid zune software...but u def should look it up urself........
    But who actually pays for the music they download? I also think that iPods look much sexier than Zunes, but thats all personal preference.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

The_Loose_Cannon
    i agree, ipod is better looking than the zune. also more versitile. there are alot of accessories and skins and everything (ya know just to make you more bankrupt lol) i think the ipod is more user friendly though as well.

anyways check out www.anythingbutipod.com they have all the cool mp3 players and reviews to check out if youre still contemplating between the 2

Ads