LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There are a few people on this forum who I feel, regardless of whether I like them or not, make the forums. Lee is one of those people and the forum won't be the same without him. I can't pretend to know what he's going through, but I know that there's a bunch of people here who don't know him in real life that would do their bit to help him. I refuse to believe that anyone on this forum is so callous that they would refuse to help a fellow human being when he needed support, regardless of their feelings to the individual.

Following up with supporting people, unlike Lee I wasn't too fond of Cach... but I still do not think that his post warranted a permaban, regardless of past actions. He may of done something later that warranted the ban, but this was not it. (That being said I think creating the account 123 justifies a permaban, but that is beside the point)

Finally I think TLC seems a bit put upon. In addition to being a maverick cop who forced to work with a by the book partner (possibly) she's taken it upon herself to try and help lee, wii_brendo and anyone else on this forum. I think this is a true testament to her character, and she still finds herself getting a lot of shtick. While I'm not afraid of her and I don't necessarily agree with her decisions (Cach) I think that wii the people should let her know how appreciated she is.

So in summary: Thanks for doing your bit TLC; and Lee, you're diamond and the forums won't be the same while you're gone!

2. Ads

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    I miss ABC - it times like these I wish he was still posting on the forums!

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    So in summary: Thanks for doing your bit TLC; and Lee, you're diamond and the forums won't be the same while you're gone!

Amen to that.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz
    I miss ABC - it times like these I wish he was still posting on the forums!
    LOL, I just got here a week before he was banned. I did some research on his posts then.....

How about vagrant, Kamikaze, and csiguy4you?

The Iodine In Your Coffe Funky Gibbon's Avatar
    Member #
    Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Friends
    3925-8629-5403-6151
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    every offense looked at separately?

So the guy in my church who went in for his 8th DUI shouldn't get harsher treatment than the first timer?
    Are you suggesting that because someone has been banned previously then you should regard every remark they make as worth of a ban, in effect that there should be arbitrary decision based on past posts? That type of thinking can only be described as prejudicial.

Really if you look at his post can you really say that a ban was justified for those remarks? At best his post could be described as ill advised or flippant, but if you compare it to some the personal attacks that took place in this thread then in my opinion its hard to argue that his remarks deserved a permiban.

I don't think I'm being unfair towards TLC if i say that my impression is that she acted in the heat of the moment, were all human and capable of getting rilled and acting harshly.

But thats just my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Gibbon
    I don't think I'm being unfair towards TLC if i say that my impression is that she acted in the heat of the moment, were all human and capable of getting rilled and acting harshly.
    I'd have to agree with that.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Yeppers...not quite as bad as the "crimson wave" of that "something something aussie" guy. LOL...she got hammered for that one.

ha ha, can't rep either of ya.

Member #
    Friends
    3925-8629-5403-6151
    Sorry guy i dont know what your talking about in that post, i think your referencing to events that happened before i joined the forum. I feel a bit lost after reading that.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    LOL..... It was pretty recent. She banned a guy after he criticized her. In hindsight, it was mostly likely

Spoiler Alert!

Also, as you are new, you might not have seen some of chach's posts that I am referring to.

Member #
    Friends
    3925-8629-5403-6151
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    LOL..... It was pretty recent. She banned a guy after he criticized her. In hindsight, it was mostly likely

Spoiler Alert!

Also, as you are new, you might not have seen some of chach's posts that I am referring to.
    Sorry im still a little lost, despite your explanation.

Going by the spoiler are you sugesting that the comments i have made have been of the same ilk? If so can you please refer me to the post in which i made such a comment!

I think its disingenious and less than circumspect for you to infer that any of my comments have been of a sexist nature.

Just to re-iterate none of my comments have been in reference to anyones gender and i do not appreciate you metaphorically placing words in my mouth.

Ads