Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    No Im buying one within the next week
    And the price is just right
    and just out of curiosity
    ?Could you list the things that a mac mini can do better and what you get wth it.
    Can do better than what?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    A normal pc because i have a windows xp media center 2002

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well I'm not going to list all the reasons I prefer OS X over Windows if thats what your asking but here is what comes in the box:

* Mac mini
    * Apple Remote
    * Power cord
    * Install/restore DVDs
    * Printed and electronic documentation

I would really reconsider waiting, since there will probably be a hardware update since they just recently updated the MacBook and now the MacBook Pro, plus you could save money by not having to buy Leopard. But thats your choice so whatever.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    8855-3552-9650-0553
    it really depends what you want it for, if you want it for audio / video or graphics, then go ahead with the mac, but if you want it more for word processing or general things, get a pc, as they have a broader amount of functions. I bought a mac book because i needed audio recording capabilities which it is better for, but it really depends on what you need. Dont buy a mac if you want just an alternative to a pc... Only buy one if you need one, dont be stupid and buy it as a pc replacement.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Valadrim
    it really depends what you want it for, if you want it for audio / video or graphics, then go ahead with the mac, but if you want it more for word processing or general things, get a pc, as they have a broader amount of functions. I bought a mac book because i needed audio recording capabilities which it is better for, but it really depends on what you need. Dont buy a mac if you want just an alternative to a pc... Only buy one if you need one, dont be stupid and buy it as a pc replacement.
    Why not? They can do everything a PC can. You can do almost anything you can on a PC in OS X besides gaming. If there were something you needed to do that you couldn't in OS X you could always dual boot Windows or use Parallels. Also how is a PC better for word processing? They are pretty equal for such simple things, since most OSs can do those things and do them the same or very similarly.

Member #
    Friends
    2302-3055-5570-5529
    I have been debating getting a mac mini myself!

I would use it to hook up to my lcd widescreen and get a wireless keyboard and mouse so i can chill in living room and use it...

so far my wii has proven to be a good stand in though

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalorgasm92
    ok heres a fact of life. Pcs are better than macs. Macs are more expensive and look better but are much slower for what you pay. Plus you cant upgrade them. Do yourself a favor and get a PC. as said by a editor of PC world "PC and Mac are virtually the same they can best be looked at as 2 computers whering lipstick, Mac just has more lipstick on"
    ok i will re-write your text,
    "ok heres an opinion of mine. Pcs aren't better than macs and Macs arn't better than PC's. Macs are more expensive and look better but are much slower for what you pay, but then again the OS doesn't need as much power to perform simple functions that vista has only just got. Plus you cant upgrade them as easily. as said by a editor of PC world "PC and Mac are virtually the same they can best be looked at as 2 computers whering lipstick, Mac just has more lipstick on" but that doesn't matter, because he works at PC World and knows nothing."

seriously please don't state facts you have no idea about..

right i have a mac mini, 1.66GHz Core Duo, with 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD, and airport. with the superdrive, i also have a 200GB External HDD, with a 5.1 Sound card as well. Mac mini's are great value for money, and i love mine, it does everything i ever wanted. i use high end programs such as photoshop, i watch TV on it, create websites, remote connected to my servers, IMing is greate on it. only thing that isn't so good is gaming, but the only gaming i do is online poker, and theres plenty of options for that. Don't forget you can use boot Camp or phraells (sp?) to run XP or something along those lines.

at the end of the day it's an opinion, but don't knock it till u've tried it!
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    8855-3552-9650-0553
    im only saying from personal experiance (im on my mac now) that pc's tend to work better for stuff like office programs and other things. but macs are better for pictures music and video. and yes, you can dual boot with parallels, but that doesnt give all the featues of a pc.

if you arre buying a mac, i would buy an imac instead of a mac mini to be honest

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalorgasm92
    ok heres a fact of life. Pcs are better than macs. Macs are more expensive and look better but are much slower for what you pay. Plus you cant upgrade them. Do yourself a favor and get a PC. as said by a editor of PC world "PC and Mac are virtually the same they can best be looked at as 2 computers whering lipstick, Mac just has more lipstick on"
    Agreed.

PCs have just as many problems as Macs do

(don't crash my ass! - on OSX)

(Don't get viruses - so those 42 that exist...don't?)

(No Drivers - er... yeah... but think *macs have set hardware... of course they're going to have the drivers in!*)

Stick with a PC bud, they're easy to use and are functional.

Go with a mac only if you only use your computer for the web and work and pictures.

The pc can do all the above with different software... personally i think that the Mac applications are a total pile... WMP11 looks soo much better than iTunes and it doesn't crash!

I'm on Vista (got it yesterday £50 - i'm a student) it's MEGA!
    Dean©

I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Valadrim
    im only saying from personal experiance (im on my mac now) that pc's tend to work better for stuff like office programs and other things. but macs are better for pictures music and video. and yes, you can dual boot with parallels, but that doesnt give all the featues of a pc.

if you arre buying a mac, i would buy an imac instead of a mac mini to be honest
    How does it not give all the "featues" of a PC? The software is exactly the same.

Edit: @the_flood: Haha, I have never had my Mac crash aside from when I first got it and one of the 5 year old Chinese labors that make 5&#162; a day didn't place a stick of RAM in properly but that was easily fixed.
    There are no viruses for OS X yet. There are some for classic Mac and some security issues in OS X, but no actual viruses.
    Last edited by paintba||er; 06-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Ads