LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8855-3552-9650-0553
    it feels the same but i know for a fact that mac software apllications take up almos twice as much hard drive space... and that aint good, because mac hard drives arent as big... for example, photoshop trial of CS3 on PC is something like 450mb, for mac it is abotu 800mb. Also, if u are using a dual opperating sstem like parallels desktop, it is unable to do some things, such as process direct X plugins, which parallels cannot do.

honestly mate, i love my mac, but it's a lot of money if you only want something to play about with.

i will admit, that to whoever said macs are not upgradable that they are completely... wrong... of course macs are upgradable. How do you think they put the thing together with custom componants?? and my mac hasnt crashed on me, apart from i have had 1 error message in the admittedly short time ive had my macbook, but that was because i was running four highly demanding programs and messenger...
    Last edited by Valadrim; 06-05-2007 at 01:35 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Valadrim
    it feels the same but i know for a fact that mac software apllications take up almos twice as much hard drive space... and that aint good, because mac hard drives arent as big... for example, photoshop trial of CS3 on PC is something like 450mb, for mac it is abotu 800mb. Also, if u are using a dual opperating sstem like parallels desktop, it is unable to do some things, such as process direct X plugins, which parallels cannot do.

honestly mate, i love my mac, but it's a lot of money if you only want something to play about with.
    Well yes certain apps may take up more space in OS X than Windows, but it works the other way around too. It all depends on the application. Also if you dual boot it with BootCamp you can do everything a Windows PC can.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    8855-3552-9650-0553
    the above is true ^ but on a lower budget pc's are better, and i think most people would admit that, but if you have the money, an imac or macbook is the way to go. I prefer the layou of Mac OSX to XP, and for those of you seeking vista... although microsoft claim it hasnt been ripped from OSX, some features have, and i find MacOSX to be more reliable.

One word of warning... MSN and other IM programs sometimes dont have as many features on mac... just an advanced warning. But straight from the time you first turn it on, the mac seems friendlier.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    PCs have just as many problems as Macs do
    User Based, a Mac can have just as if not more depending on the stupididty of the user
    (No Drivers - er... yeah... but think *macs have set hardware... of course they're going to have the drivers in!*)
    Yeah they have set hardware, but what about hardware you add on? well they have there own software, no drivers you need to install, and for things such as printers, there pre-installed with the OS, but you can delete them for your HDD

Stick with a PC bud, they're easy to use and are functional.
    OS X is easy to use, and just as functional
    Go with a mac only if you only use your computer for the web and work and pictures.
    So basically only if ur into gaming, use Windows
    The pc can do all the above with different software... personally i think that the Mac applications are a total pile... WMP11 looks soo much better than iTunes and it doesn't crash!
    like you said, personally, thats an opinion. WMP11 is disgusting imo, i hate it, iTunes on the other hand holds my massive library, are you bassing your opinion on the release of iTunes 7.0 on PC, yeah you can't really do that Apple has a clean sheet of errors compared to Windows, Windows ME? Windows Mistake Edition. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Valadrim
    One word of warning... MSN and other IM programs sometimes dont have as many features on mac... just an advanced warning. But straight from the time you first turn it on, the mac seems friendlier.
    True.. but i love Adium more than WLM.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Just to show that the Mini has enough power to run almost anything you want to I will list what I am almost always running simultaneously without any problems:
    • Web Browser (Safari or Camino)
    • Adium
    • Bits On Wheels
    • iTunes
    • NeoOffice
    • PhotoShop or Flash

If you plan on running more than that at a time, then you will probably want to look into something better than a Mini, if not then a Mini should be fine for what you are doing. The only thing that really needs alot of improvement is the graphics card.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    8855-3552-9650-0553
    yeah, if you're looking for something that will run most of your programs at once, the imacs are better, but if youre looking for a home system, then the mac mini should do.

off topic: paintballer , how do you have that animated sig in your signature... is it a swf file?

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Just to show that the Mini has enough power to run almost anything you want to I will list what I am almost always running simultaneously without any problems:
    mine's like...
    • Camino - Web browser
    • Adium - im (MSN and Google Talk)
    • eyeTV - TV application
    • iTunes
    • Mail
    • Flash
    • Dreamweaver
    • Handbrake
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    How much memory would it take up to dual boot?

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    How much memory would it take up to dual boot?
    well standards these days of any OS is 1GB, i would go for 2GB if i was you.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Its a gif. We can't use swfs in our sigs.
    Edit: I think cammy means HDD space.
    Last edited by paintba||er; 06-05-2007 at 02:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads