LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vev-Robot
    I live in Skellefteć, Sweden. It's pretty far north, it's as cold as death and it's pretty dark all the time. I hate it.
    You wouldnt happen to know about henrik larsson would you, he is the king of kings!

I hate Photobucket

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I live in Missouri (United States). The area I'm in is full of farms and rednecks. It's not a fun place for a techie to be. I've traveled to almost every state in the US at least once (I only lack the northern part of New England, Washington (DC and the state), Oregon, and Hawaii.

***EDIT***
    OH! Not to mention that here it's hotter than hell in the summer and then freezez over in the winter. Our summers are worse than parts of the southern US and according to my contacts in Alaska, the winters can be similar.
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    Perth, Western Australia

The most isolated capital in the world, I'm guessing outisders don't really know what to expect when they come here. It might be the most isolated but it has a massive urban sprawl, and it's gonna keep sprawling! (for those who dont know, urban sprawl means how far out the city stretches, so by massive urban sprawl I mean... go figure :P )

We've got a little bit of most parts of the world here, we have alot of Asian restraunts, a Swedish hotel, a gothic nightclub (and they play good music ) There's strong undercurrent of Italian culture (although it's slowly seeping out due to the influence of Asian cultures) and as being part Italian I suppose I feel somewhat connected to it...

We have a rail system that connects the main metropolis (where I live) to the rural parts of the state, which is good fun to travel on. Additionally there are numerous bus connecting even the most remote parts of WA which are nice.

Politically, theres a massive diversity of opinions, but there's a strong left-wing following here, as well as some underground political groups which are always up to something. But for the most part, no ones really too fussed, as we consider ourselves to be on the outlands of the international community, probably one of the safest countries to be in aswell at the moment (apart from that atrocious drive-by mosque shooting in the past week).

That's about all I have to say about Perth for now!
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    Cardiff, Wales.

Capital and largest city of Wales, and frequent location in the new Doctor Who series (despite being able to travel anywhere in space and time). The weather is rather unpredictable, although inclined toward rain. We've got quite a bit of history, and there's a castle in the middle of town. We're also home to Cardiff University (which I go to), plenty of clubs, and Spillers, which claims to be the oldest record shop in the world.

There's quite a diverse range of peoples here, particularly South Asian and Chinese. Cardiff's a student town as well, so politically this city tends to be rather left-wing.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    OUU, i guess everyones showing off factors about their area, so here i go..
    Skelmersdaaaale, world class for business, Walkers baked crisps are made her, we have great birtains largest round about, and it was also named tenth worst place to live XD , but thats the new area, i live in the old town, tis lovely!

Enoch was right.

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan
    ive been to portugal a couple of times....its quite good, better than spain.

Also, celtic won the european cup there in lisbon in 1967!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    ofcourse its better than spain.

btw, how did u feel whenm celtic lost to FCPorto for the uefa cup a few years ago? ahhh good times. (then porto went on to win the champions league)

Member #
    Friends
    in glasgow the main thing is sectartionism between catholics and protestants
    (im catholic). This all arisen when irish catholics came over from (guess where) ireland and there wasnt the best of welcomes from a lot of glaswegian protestants (most notably murders, and rapes)
    This sectarionism still goes on, though only through the two football teams celtic and rangers where usually at games the rangers fans sing songs about their hatred for irish catholics and about killing them (did you know that rangers did not sign one catholic player until the late 70's?)
    Of course this isnt all one sided, this is partly to blame for the ira attacks on innocent people (a lot of people whom were supporters of them and catholics!) but it has been pretty much borught on by the british government and people (did you know back until the 70's employers would ask for your school and if it was catholic you were almost definetely not getting the job)(also until recently most of the police force were protestants, nothing wrong with that but there were some pretty harsh beatings and brutality over the years)
    But it is pretty much dead now but for some mindless idiots who think they have some 'cause' (im in favor of a whole ireland but fighting is obviously not the way)

I hate Photobucket

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan
    in glasgow the main thing is sectartionism between catholics and protestants
    (im catholic). This all arisen when irish catholics came over from (guess where) ireland and there wasnt the best of welcomes from a lot of glaswegian protestants (most notably murders, and rapes)
    This sectarionism still goes on, though only through the two football teams celtic and rangers where usually at games the rangers fans sing songs about their hatred for irish catholics and about killing them (did you know that rangers did not sign one catholic player until the late 70's?)
    Of course this isnt all one sided, this is partly to blame for the ira attacks on innocent people (a lot of people whom were supporters of them and catholics!) but it has been pretty much borught on by the british government and people (did you know back until the 70's employers would ask for your school and if it was catholic you were almost definetely not getting the job)(also until recently most of the police force were protestants, nothing wrong with that but there were some pretty harsh beatings and brutality over the years)
    But it is pretty much dead now but for some mindless idiots who think they have some 'cause' (im in favor of a whole ireland but fighting is obviously not the way)
    lol, err.. thanks for the irish history lesson (im catholic too)

Member #
    Friends
    just like to educate those who are uneducated (looking at you in touch with the wii) jk jk

I hate Photobucket

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Manchester a quick history lession:
    Oaisis are from here
    The bloke that made the first computer made it here
    he has a street named ather him
    The comp is still here