Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bunny Ears?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1830-2062-7374-0757

Bunny Ears?

Does anybody know how to set up bunny ear antennas on a t.v. set to get a few free channels? I think you need some sort of channel box on the double antennas. Although I am not too sure. Can anyone help me with the configuration?

Tom

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Dear sir or madam, what you are speaking of is against all ethical and legal laws. Please refrain from thinking about committing such heinous acts in the future.

Thank you and good day.

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    mostly bunny ears use those old screw cables, so your tv must be older as well and have those "jacks" to screw the wire onto.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream
    Dear sir or madam, what you are speaking of is against all ethical and legal laws. Please refrain from thinking about committing such heinous acts in the future.

Thank you and good day.
    um, over the air broadcasts are not illegal. stations like FOX and the CW are free. all you need is the antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    mostly bunny ears use those old screw cables, so your tv must be older as well and have those "jacks" to screw the wire onto.
    i have yet to see a TV without coax (the screw in) inputs. even my $2500 1080p tv has coax.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwood3570
    Does anybody know how to set up bunny ear antennas on a t.v. set to get a few free channels? I think you need some sort of channel box on the double antennas. Although I am not too sure. Can anyone help me with the configuration?

Tom
    the antenna should just plug right into your TV. are you sure the cable is plugged in correctly?

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    um, over the air broadcasts are not illegal. stations like FOX and the CW are free. all you need is the antenna

i have yet to see a TV without coax (the screw in) inputs. even my $2500 1080p tv has coax.

the antenna should just plug right into your TV. are you sure the cable is plugged in correctly?
    oh really? i guess i just really looked =P
    okay i just checked my tv
    i didnt mean the coax, i meant the REALLY old things that have 2 prongs at the end of the cable, and you more of, fasten them on the TV, thats what my old bunny ears used.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Well, usually I know a lot when it comes to electronics. But this is oldschool and I'm only 19. I'm trying to set this up for my friend...

So from what I got...

All I have to do is get those old bunny ears or just make them myself and screw them into the coax and it should pick up like 1-13?

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    Wrong as usual Mitch! You see, in 1864 a French man named Landis Francois patented broadcast waves. He stole the main principles from a German scientist named Karl Wulf. A massive court battle ensued which, after many years, eventually led to The Great War. After the U.S. defeated Stalin and his gang of Nazi thugs, President George S. Patton declared, "Since we won the damn war, we get the damned rights to the damned broad cast waves!".

For awhile everything went smoothly until Hitler and his communist lynch pigs decided to start WWII. Once again America decided to intervene.

Anyway, to make a long story short, all air waves are property of the United States Government. This is why when you pay your cable company, they in return pay corporate taxes. As you should know, your government knows how to spend your money much better than you do, so please support the cause.

Please try not to make yourself look so uneducated in the future my dear sir.

Thank you.

However I am still willing to offer advice. It is very hard to find TVs these days that have the ports for bunny ears. It used to be, that a small plastic tab was on the end of the ears, and you would simply plug that into the tv. Now, you may have to buy some kind of converter box. I would just call Radioshack, as they should be able to get you anything you need.
    Last edited by Scream; 06-13-2007 at 03:15 AM.

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    Wrong as usual Mitch! You see, in 1864 a French man named Landis Francois patented broadcast waves. He stole the main principles from a German scientist named Karl Wulf. A massive court battle ensued which, after many years, eventually led to The Great War. After the U.S. defeated Stalin and his gang of Nazi thugs, President George S. Patton declared, "Since we won the damn war, we get the damned rights to the damned broad cast waves!".

For awhile everything went smoothly until Hitler and his communist lynch pigs decided to start WWII. Once again America decided to intervene.

Anyway, to make a long story short, all air waves are property of the United States Government. This is why when you pay your cable company, they in return pay corporate taxes. As you should know, your government knows how to spend your money much better than you do, so please support the cause.

Please try not to make yourself look so uneducated in the future my dear sir.

Thank you.

However I am still willing to offer advice. It is very hard to find TVs these days that have the ports for bunny ears. It used to be, that a small plastic tab was on the end of the ears, and you would simply plug that into the tv. Now, you may have to buy some kind of converter box. I would just call Radioshack, as they should be able to get you anything you need.
    You could word that less harshly. Everyone can't know every little thing.

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I agree Noel. Thank you for the information Scream, it was a good read. I now believe that getting 6-13 channels for free is illegal. I would still consider them free though. I would label it something of which would be in a grey area. Somewhat like a rummage sale.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    GAhh....Mitch is the way to go on this one. Scream has no idea what he is talking about...

Jeez man, are radio signals off-limits as well? Ever heard of FOX,ABC,CBS,PBS,CW,WXSP,NBC

They are all "local".... if they were illegal, there's a lot of country folk that should be in jail. Now taking every post by you with a grain of salt. Area 47? WTF

And you should be able to pick up an antenna with co-ax. I can take a picture of mine. Both my little antenna and my rooftop one use coax.

This is why when you pay your cable company,
    ... Uh... he doesn't have cable/dish. That's why he doesn't want to pay, because it's FREE!. wow.

EDIT:

Pics are kinda big, didn't feel like resizing.

Spoiler Alert!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads