LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: U.K Members.

  1. #101
    Beloved the_flood502's Avatar
    Member #
    21317
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    392
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    I don't beleive that.

    My relatives moved while they were older then 20 and they sound completly american.

    I do not think age affects it tbh.

    Intresting opinion tho.
    =| hmm... i shall have to look it up again... but i'm sure that's what it was...

    but then again... psychology is never truly correct, except for behaviourists and cognitive psychologist (can actually be tested) ... the rest is a bit... iffy...


    You try proving that children, at the age of 4/5, have sexual desires for their opposite sex parents!
    Dean©

    I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

    X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

  2. Ads


  3. #102
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,710
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    =| hmm... i shall have to look it up again... but i'm sure that's what it was...

    but then again... psychology is never truly correct, except for behaviourists and cognitive psychologist (can actually be tested) ... the rest is a bit... iffy...


    You try proving that children, at the age of 4/5, have sexual desires for their opposite sex parents!

    Well, there was this one time but you dont wanna hear it

    But yeah, thats is a intresting theory and a good explanation and would be great to learn more about even though in some cases it doesnt work

  4. #103
    Wicked Hot Lush Lips bonodo's Avatar
    Member #
    14505
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    runcorn, uk
    Posts
    798
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    i have proof accents change and the priif is me


    irish accent↓
    runcornibobble accent↑


    help me im dying help

  5. #104
    Beloved the_flood502's Avatar
    Member #
    21317
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    392
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    =| i was wrong... it just turns out people under the age of 16 have a better chance of obtaining the regional accent ^^

    "Accents and age

    Children are able to take on accents at a fast rate; children of travelling families, for example, can change their accents within a short period of time. This generally remains true until a person's early twenties, after which, a person's accent seems to become more entrenched. All the same, accents are not fixed even in adulthood. An acoustic analysis by Jonathan Harrington of Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Christmas Messages revealed that the speech patterns of even so conservative a figure as a monarch can continue to change over her lifetime."


    Hope this help you to understand accent development ^^
    Dean©

    I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

    X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

  6. #105
    Dobedobebo Happy's Avatar
    Member #
    6937
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    796
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlewis91
    if i move to england..would i pick up an accent> or is this a born thing
    My dad was born and lived in Canada for 21 years, but now hes got a complete English accent
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”
    - George Carlin

  7. #106
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,710
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    =| i was wrong... it just turns out people under the age of 16 have a better chance of obtaining the regional accent ^^

    "Accents and age

    Children are able to take on accents at a fast rate; children of travelling families, for example, can change their accents within a short period of time. This generally remains true until a person's early twenties, after which, a person's accent seems to become more entrenched. All the same, accents are not fixed even in adulthood. An acoustic analysis by Jonathan Harrington of Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Christmas Messages revealed that the speech patterns of even so conservative a figure as a monarch can continue to change over her lifetime."


    Hope this help you to understand accent development ^^
    yeah, you were partly right.

    But yeah it will help.

  8. #107
    Beloved the_flood502's Avatar
    Member #
    21317
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    392
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    yeah, you were partly right.

    But yeah it will help.
    (Y) Great ^^

    ---Strange News---

    (people are apparently talking about me being bi and my 'emo'ness... don't i feel special - lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Message From ericlewis91
    are u a bisexual emo? jw? people are just talking about it? and i want to forum set in the right direction
    )


    --------

    I didn't know you were British Cpt.McCloud ... although i never actually read the 'thingys' next to the messages =S... so i don't actually remember talking to many people, i remember the conversation/discussion... just not the person ^^
    Dean©

    I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

    X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

  9. #108
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,710
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    (Y) Great ^^

    ---Strange News---

    (people are apparently talking about me being bi and my 'emo'ness... don't i feel special - lol

    )


    --------

    I didn't know you were British Cpt.McCloud ... although i never actually read the 'thingys' next to the messages =S... so i don't actually remember talking to many people, i remember the conversation/discussion... just not the person ^^
    English and proud.

    England Tll I Die.

  10. #109
    HITLER ME JEZ King Wiired's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    907
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
    Posts
    5,506
    Friends
    32
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    England Tll I Die.
    Not that you'd have a choice

  11. #110
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,710
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    Not that you'd have a choice

    Micheal Jackson changed

    So can I

    Although he is scary.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts