+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: U.K Members.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    I don't beleive that.

My relatives moved while they were older then 20 and they sound completly american.

I do not think age affects it tbh.

Intresting opinion tho.
    =| hmm... i shall have to look it up again... but i'm sure that's what it was...

but then again... psychology is never truly correct, except for behaviourists and cognitive psychologist (can actually be tested) ... the rest is a bit... iffy...

You try proving that children, at the age of 4/5, have sexual desires for their opposite sex parents!
    Dean©

I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    =| hmm... i shall have to look it up again... but i'm sure that's what it was...

but then again... psychology is never truly correct, except for behaviourists and cognitive psychologist (can actually be tested) ... the rest is a bit... iffy...

You try proving that children, at the age of 4/5, have sexual desires for their opposite sex parents!

Well, there was this one time but you dont wanna hear it

But yeah, thats is a intresting theory and a good explanation and would be great to learn more about even though in some cases it doesnt work

Member #
    Friends
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    i have proof accents change and the priif is me

irish accent↓
    runcornibobble accent↑

help me im dying help

Member #
    Friends
    =| i was wrong... it just turns out people under the age of 16 have a better chance of obtaining the regional accent ^^

"Accents and age

Children are able to take on accents at a fast rate; children of travelling families, for example, can change their accents within a short period of time. This generally remains true until a person's early twenties, after which, a person's accent seems to become more entrenched. All the same, accents are not fixed even in adulthood. An acoustic analysis by Jonathan Harrington of Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Christmas Messages revealed that the speech patterns of even so conservative a figure as a monarch can continue to change over her lifetime."

Hope this help you to understand accent development ^^
    Dean©

X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlewis91
    if i move to england..would i pick up an accent> or is this a born thing
    My dad was born and lived in Canada for 21 years, but now hes got a complete English accent
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”
    - George Carlin

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    =| i was wrong... it just turns out people under the age of 16 have a better chance of obtaining the regional accent ^^

"Accents and age

Children are able to take on accents at a fast rate; children of travelling families, for example, can change their accents within a short period of time. This generally remains true until a person's early twenties, after which, a person's accent seems to become more entrenched. All the same, accents are not fixed even in adulthood. An acoustic analysis by Jonathan Harrington of Queen Elizabeth II's Royal Christmas Messages revealed that the speech patterns of even so conservative a figure as a monarch can continue to change over her lifetime."

Hope this help you to understand accent development ^^
    yeah, you were partly right.

But yeah it will help.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, you were partly right.

But yeah it will help.
    (Y) Great ^^

---Strange News---

(people are apparently talking about me being bi and my 'emo'ness... don't i feel special - lol

Quote Originally Posted by Private Message From ericlewis91
    are u a bisexual emo? jw? people are just talking about it? and i want to forum set in the right direction
    )

--------

I didn't know you were British Cpt.McCloud ... although i never actually read the 'thingys' next to the messages =S... so i don't actually remember talking to many people, i remember the conversation/discussion... just not the person ^^
    Dean©

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    (Y) Great ^^

---Strange News---

(people are apparently talking about me being bi and my 'emo'ness... don't i feel special - lol

)

--------

I didn't know you were British Cpt.McCloud ... although i never actually read the 'thingys' next to the messages =S... so i don't actually remember talking to many people, i remember the conversation/discussion... just not the person ^^
    English and proud.

England Tll I Die.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    England Tll I Die.
    Not that you'd have a choice

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #