LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: U.K Members.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If you're younger than 14-16 and you move to a different place, with a different accent, your accent will change.

But if you're older than 14-16 then it won't change and you will continue having the same accent
    Later you may not pick up the accent but if you live in the same place long enough you pick up on words that are used by locals.

Just up the coast from where i live (see map) they put the word "marra" on the end of just about every sentence, or they end the sentence with the word "eh"

Where have you been marra?

What you having for tea eh?

Believe me im not making this up.

If you lived there for a couple of years you would probably start doing the same,to someone from outside the area you would sound like a local even if you didn't have a strong accent.

Last edited by MaxPing; 06-19-2007 at 04:03 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPing
    Later you may not pick up the accent but if you live in the same place long enough you pick up on words that are used by locals.

Just up the coast from where i live (see map) they put the word "marra" on the end of just about every sentence, or they end the sentence with the word "eh"

Where have you been marra?

What you having for tea eh?

Believe me im not making this up.
    =/ i could believe the 'eh' part... but i'm sceptical of the 'marra'... i can't see how it would work... it seems fairly pointless to add 'marra' (a meaning less word) to the end of every sentence =S

how's it pronounced?
    Dean©

I'm Back. With More Games. A Hair Cut (See Picture) and Less School Work (Y)

X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Meh.. French are ignorant snobs, I hate them and have you ever seen one without a pointy nose... I haven't...

racist
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    5783-4132-2401-7433
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlewis91
    racist
    Maybe.. but true

Member #
    Friends
    It can't be help. Ignorant people use ignorant ways of judging people i.e. stereotypes.

it's the only way they can describe/judge anther person as they don't have the linguistic skills to do so otherwise...

I digress...

----

I love the UK... all the members from the UK are the majority of the members that i can have a 'decent' conversation/discussion with. there are some US members that are OK... but others are very annoying and say unnecessary things, but then again there are some UK members that i really can't stand... ^^

None have posted here though... i think...
    Dean©

X360: Crackdown, Gears of War, Prey, Halo 2, Quake 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R, Overlord, Enchanted Arms, Bioshock, Blue Dragon and The Darkness

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Meh.. French are ignorant snobs, I hate them and have you ever seen one without a pointy nose... I haven't...
    I'm with Flood, I don't know what this whole stereotype about the French is about. I know two people from France, they're both friendly and hardly snobby or ignorant. And one of them doesn't even have a pointy nose.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I'm with Flood
    Whoo! (Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    And one of them doesn't even have a pointy nose.
    Only one of them? lol
    Dean©

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by the_flood502
    =/ i could believe the 'eh' part... but i'm sceptical of the 'marra'... i can't see how it would work... it seems fairly pointless to add 'marra' (a meaning less word) to the end of every sentence =S

how's it pronounced?

Up here in Cumbria (im in the south) people tend to call each other mate even if they do not know them,so on meeting a stranger you might say or its just being friendly.

Now up the coast they would say "Alright marra" or "hows it going marra"

Its pronounced as its written.

Recently they had to rescue a Dolphin from the harbour they named it Marra

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/content..._feature.shtml

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPing
    Up here in Cumbria (im in the south) people tend to call each other mate even if they do not know them,so on meeting a stranger you might say or its just being friendly.
    yeah we get that even here people call each other 'mate' even if they have never met (strange really considering mate is actually short for mating (sexual act) or mate as in mating partner)... it's just what is the 'marra' thing... what does it mean? is it short for something?

what?
    Dean©

Member #
    Friends
    1728-3810-2123-5966
    Kent
    NAME-OSCAR
    CODE- 1728-3810-2123-5966
    NAME: ***lilg***
    mario karts DS: 240-618-868-899[/FONT]

NAME: *lilg*
    Pokemon Diamond DS:4639 6279 7398
    [/SIZE]