Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Scream: I know something you would find cool. My pseudo brother in law works for GM in Michigan and designs a part of new vehicles. I don't know his exact job title but an example is that he designed how the dash fits with the firewall and wiring and stearing column on the current full size trucks. (how exciting)

THEN my sort of uncle designs the heads for a GM nitro dragster. He is able to get crate engines at crazy cheap prices (considered it for a swap before deciding to go the wrecker route). The current car is also sponsored by skoal (bleck)

Have you ever considered forced induction for your Slowmaro?

If you are able to modify fuel injections maps on your car then an import wouldn't be hard for you at all. The subaru 2.5 liter turbo engine is pretty interesting. It even won international engine of the year (all makes/models/types and countries) for 2.0 to 2.5 liters

What year of car will you build the engine swap as? Wont you have to change the other emission equipment to match the engine spec? (Im used to ****ing carb requirements)
    Well it would be different if I was going to put in say a 383, since they were never offered for the Camaro in 87. Since however, I am going from a 305 to a 350, and since 305s were available in 87s, I am good to go as long as I retain all the original smog equipment. If I wanted to put a modern LS1 in there then I would have to take it to a smog ref and it just gets to be crazy California BS from there on.

They don't seem to care if a new engine runs cleaner then the older one...

Anyway, it is very easy to pass smog as long as your car has a good cat, and proper fuel control. As long as the car is in closed loop status (going rich, lean, rich, lean, etc..) then the emissions out the tail pipe will be very low.

I might put a super charger on the Camaro sometime in the future, but I will wait and see.

Also, sounds like you have some cool family! I'm trying to think... Skoal is Prudhomme's team... which driver?

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream
    Well it would be different if I was going to put in say a 383, since they were never offered for the Camaro in 87. Since however, I am going from a 305 to a 350,
    Ohhhhh

Yeah we plan to go pretty much stock. It will be FAR better than the 230 cubic inch it has. I swear the thing only has about 100hp and only gets 12mpg. The plan is fast and reliable.

Also, sounds like you have some cool family! I'm trying to think... Skoal is Prudhomme's team... which driver?
    I have no idea. Honestly I have little interest in that side of motorsports. I get invited to stuff and I mostly go to see the cars worked on in the back. Rally is my thing.

ZiG
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Scream
    This is my 87 IROC Camaro. I absolutely love this car. As a general rule I dislike most tuner cars. Just not my thing. I love domestic V8 muscle all the way. This was my first car and still my only car, and I spend almost every cent I make on her. I am getting ready to drop in a hot little 350 soon. The big thing for me is to try and do everything myself. Anyone can spend a bunch of money and pay someone else to do it, but when you put the wrench time in yourself, it is much more special.

Hey that's a hot roc you got there.. It looks familiar, too. Well, the seats, really. Did you post about them on TGO a while back?

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiG
    Hey that's a hot roc you got there.. It looks familiar, too. Well, the seats, really. Did you post about them on TGO a while back?
    Yep!

- Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    What's TGO?

Scream: I like everything about the car except the stearing wheel. What type of rockers are those? Have you considered heat wrapping or ceramic coating the headers?

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    TGO is a website for owners of third gen f bodys. (82-92 Camaro's and Firebirds)

The rockers are comp cams and 1.5s... The headers I got from Jet Hot, so they are already coated.

- Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    I wasnt sure if I should post this in the Alcoholism is the devil thread or this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scascot/565175591/

Then watch this awesome video http://youtube.com/watch?v=-CWJgT5NTWg

Member #
    Friends
    I forgot to list my car name and the smoked side repeaters, so see updated post

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Black 06 Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet 2.0t.

meh - I put a small chip in the door bumping it into a wall at my work the other day.. so p*ssed at myself. Another 80 odds down the drain of stupidity...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Black 06 Renault Megane Coupe-Cabriolet 2.0t.

meh - I put a small chip in the door bumping it into a wall at my work the other day.. so p*ssed at myself. Another 80 odds down the drain of stupidity...
    You drive a french car?

Why not buy a container of touch up paint from the dealer and fill the chip yourself?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Ads