LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    There aren't many choices left. Chrysler Sebring Convertible, M3 convertible and Mustang GT convertible?

You went from a Xterra to calling the Miata, G35 and SC430 as not looking good? It confuses me!

How about a Forester XT? Faster than an RX-8 and still great in the snow

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Its got clutches. I am just weeks away from dropping in a hot little 350 as I mentioned earlier in this thread, so I haven't been too concerned about the gears until now. Once the 350 is in, then I will be dropping in a T56, so I will probably upgrade to some 4:11s or something in that area.

The car is not going to be an all out drag car. I plan to take it to a few local road courses as well as the local drag strip. It is also my daily driver so it can't be too radical. I am still trying to decide on the right rear end combination for my T56.

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    Ahh. Im no Chevy guy but I know what the T56 is Out of a 93 Z28 maybe?

Will you do all the rewiring for the ignition lock and such yourself? What kind of clutch will you use? Is it possible to get a Quaife gear based differential for your rear end? That would be my suggestion. (god damn it was hard to find the right spelling for that company)

A not very good description http://www.autotech.com/quaife/index2.htm Ill try to find something better. Basically its fully gear based and produces better results than any other differential type. Only problem is the price.

edit: WOW they do offer it for Chevy applications! List price is for a C5 corvette is 1700.

I would have swore you planned to keep it auto.
    Last edited by ciper; 06-21-2007 at 06:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Nah, i'm a manual guy! Yes, I will do the ignition lock wiring and all that myself. At least I will attempt to! hehe...

Shiftfallout I know exactly what you mean about spreading yourself too thin. When it comes to most things with me, I know a little about everything but a lot about nothing! I am only 19 and I badly desire to have the skill and knowledge about racing and performance tuning that some of the old timers I know have. I have come to realize that they were not superhuman geniuses when they were young, they were stupid just like me and made tons of mistakes just like me. You just have to learn from what you did wrong and move on from there. Just do what makes you happy, even if that is a bunch of different things, and experience and knowledge will just grow. It is EXTREMELY frustrating for me whenever I see someone younger than me, or slightly older but with a lot more knowledge in cars. I feel like I am behind. I feel like I should be a lot further along at my age, but what can ya do. I just try to keep my mouth shut and my ears open and listen to those who know.

- Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    There aren't many choices left. Chrysler Sebring Convertible, M3 convertible and Mustang GT convertible?

You went from a Xterra to calling the Miata, G35 and SC430 as not looking good? It confuses me!

How about a Forester XT? Faster than an RX-8 and still great in the snow
    lol, The xterra only looks good when you drop the stock tires, wrap it up in a metal grill, attach some head lights to it and up the suspension. Trust me, I know my SUV isnt great looking at all. It had to serve its purpose though as I did a bit of traveling from northern california to southern california. I was doing 9 hour drives back and forth and thankfully I dont have to do that anymore since I live where I need to be.

The SC430 really insnt that great. Again, if they customize the hell out of it, then perhaps, but that usually more than I want to spend. The miata isnt really a guys car in my opinion. Its oval with a winshield. The thing about car design that I like, is that when designers actually take the time to try and bring something NEW to the exterior shape of the vehicle. I mean, we have the technology and the power to make future looking cars. Those concept cars we see every year but never get to buy just bug me. They have some great designs but they always fall back to mass producing the same thing over and over. I think the Cars of the 1980's had more personality than our current breed of vehicles.

Im not really biased towards anyone brand, I just have specific tastes that resonate with a .. californian like crowd. I see lamborginis, mercedes benz, ferarris, lotus.. i see all these on a daily basis. Almost got ran over by jackie chan in his ferarri. When you are around this stuff everyday, the cars you mentioned feel really really bland.

Im curious to find out a bit more about how you persoally feel about the honda s2000? Explain a bit so I can see where you are coming from.

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    While you are answering that, why are RX7s so expensive used?

- Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    The miata isnt really a guys car in my opinion. Its oval with a winshield.
    I wouldn't say that around any car guys. The Miata has a larger race following than any other car at the moment (and has for a few years now). An entire division was created for them by the SCCA

Im curious to find out a bit more about how you persoally feel about the honda s2000? Explain a bit so I can see where you are coming from.
    I couldn't remember what I said about the S2000 so Ill just give my impression.

The S2000 is a fine car. I personally think its incredibly over priced for what you are getting. This is why I suggested the Miata. The thing has a terribly weak low end so you constant have it rev it like a mad man. Performance is great when maintained. Used models, especially with high miles, have usually had very hard lives. Its only the second rear wheel drive honda makes. If you really want to have a car like this and stand out why not get an NSX?

Quote Originally Posted by Scream
    While you are answering that, why are RX7s so expensive used?
    Because the owners have spent so much money keeping them running and they want to recoup the costs? Seriously. When they run right they are fine but they aren't forgiving like a honda. If you aren't up on regular maintenance it will develop all sorts of problems including low compression, high oil use and something similar to a blown head gasket where coolant disappears and the car overheats.

They might be the touchiest engines ever made in this regard. Overheat the engine just once and you might as well trash it (no joke).

Moving on the electrical problems are annoying. Bad solder joints in the computer and continuously failing headlights are common which means all of the accessories rarely work. Oh and having the engine wire harness pass right over the exhaust doesnt help much

Unless you are an RX-7 fan Id avoid them like the plague.
    Last edited by ciper; 06-21-2007 at 07:09 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    NSX hmm I like what I see. Let me look into it a bit more.

also with the s2000, a see a few that have less that 60k miles going for about 15k. I look at some of the other prices for similar cars, and they are usually much much higher. THe only exception is the Spyder, which is dirt cheap, but there too little information on the car to keep me comfortable with it.

Add: Ok nice car but a bit out of my current comfortable price range. I could get a dodge viper for some of the prices these things are going for.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-21-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    NSX hmm I like what I see. Let me look into it a bit more.

Add: Ok nice car but a bit out of my current comfortable price range. I could get a dodge viper for some of the prices these things are going for.
    I promise you would want the NSX over the Viper. I'm not even a Honda fan and I think so.
    They made them from 1990 to 2005 with very few changes. I'm sure you could find one closer to your price range. Amazing that the thing went 15 years without a redesign. Its the cheapest supercar available.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I promise you would want the NSX over the Viper. I'm not even a Honda fan and I think so.
    They made them from 1990 to 2005 with very few changes. I'm sure you could find one closer to your price range. Amazing that the thing went 15 years without a redesign. Its the cheapest supercar available.
    lol i dont think my insurance would like me going to something of that calibur though.

I understand what you are saying about the revving with the S2000. My choices really are limited though. I dont want a money drain insurance wise, but a nice looking convertable. This is a toughy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Ads