Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    Neg Rep thats so gay..

i mean yah it could help but you will have people use it the wrong way just to have fun and what not

DAm poke noobs

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Syntax: your missing my point, my pint is that people with random names liek that are usually created just to spam.
    All because a few people that have names like that spam it doesn't mean that everyone with a name similar to that will spam.. Also by having them go through a name change would be more work for i0n to contact these people with the username they would like changed it to. All in all its a bad idea in my opinion. Banning people because they have a long name like that or having them get a username change is pointless and a waste of time. Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh but theres no point.

Negative rep would help solve many problems.
    Actually it would create more..With negative rep in place people would just give neg. rep to people they dislike and thus creating more arguments between people. For example if negative rep was in place when I used to post links to stickied threads in the pokemon d/p section I would have a grey bar just because they don't like me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Battles
    Neg Rep thats so gay..

i mean yah it could help but you will have people use it the wrong way just to have fun and what not

DAm poke noobs
    So let them. It would force members to be more vigilant about where they post and what they say. The weighting of each vote wouldn't change from its current spec

Member #
    Friends
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    but what if some Random willchat memebr gave everyone he saw Neg Rep just for no dam Reason?..

that right there makes no since..

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Read my above post guys..

Negative rep wouldn't work here unfortunately.

Member #
    Friends
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    i mean i would like to see NEg Rep, but there have to be rules for it..Like you have to have so many post or be on wiichat for this long before you can start giving it that why no Pokenoobs cant give cause they didnt follow the rules and started another wasted thread

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Read my above post guys..

Negative rep wouldn't work here unfortunately.
    I don't see where you address why it won't work

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Now, now, now, you're obviously going to get a debate here. 1 username per IP? There are quite a few people who share computers, I've done it for about four years, if my sister could... spell... I think she'd be interested in joining forums, like this, as well as me, for some amazing sisterly bonding.

I'm totally against rep, I don't know why once in a blue moon I receive it for being "A decent poster" it just adds to your arrogant count. As for introducing negative rep again, no way, this could in fact mean more spam and restrict people from having their opinion. I believe that blocks should be given for ever 100 post or so, the more posts you have obviously means that you are respected even more than the little one block n00bs.

I don't like names that stretch the forum border, or underscores. Underscores should never be used, period. Actually, I'm just going on with a hating rant here. I actually think most of your rules are legit and could help this forum a lot.

Personally though, I think banning is a big situation though, there are bans for what I consider to be no reason going on around here. There should be at least warnings (thank you whoever came up with that idea) rather than straight forward shot you're banned.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    8913-3076-5932-5312
    Wow

I like you ideas Frogger

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I don't see where you address why it won't work

In regards to why negative rep wont work..

Actually it would create more..With negative rep in place people would just give neg. rep to people they dislike and thus creating more arguments between people. For example if negative rep was in place when I used to post links to stickied threads in the pokemon d/p section I would have a grey bar just because they don't like me.

Ads