Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0897-2010-9922-2726
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Thats true, but you can get a MP3 player for $50 yet most people still pay $300 for an iPod. I think the same thing will probably happen with the iPhone.
    Yes, but being an iPod owner, there's a very good reason for that. I owned a few other MP3 devices before I decided to take the Apple plunge with the rest of America. What I found is that a minority of them were shoddily built. One broke the first week I had it. A second issue was that the interfaces at time were a bit confusing or not as smooth/organized as the iPod's interface was. Lastly, the iPod's method of scrolling, the wheel is vastly superior to clicking an arrow repeatedly. Some players are coming close though.

For reference:

My current favorite alternate choice to the iPod:
    Meizu 4GB mp3/mp4 player @$99
    vs.
    iPod Shuffle 1GB mp3 player @69.99

3 gigs + video capability in a player for 30 dollars? I'd say that the Meizu's a great alternative.

Anyways. Those're my two cents.

"My life is a chip in your pile -- Ante up!" ~Setzer Gabbiani

D/P Name: Will // Code: 5240 8536 3936

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    whats this to do with iphone?? i dont get it...

and yah, its nice to see at least once company taking a dive into the future, this is one of those things weve been seeing the movies for years

....and people say microsoft isnt innovative..psh

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0897-2010-9922-2726
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    whats this to do with iphone?? i dont get it...

and yah, its nice to see at least once company taking a dive into the future, this is one of those things weve been seeing the movies for years

....and people say microsoft isnt innovative..psh
    Are you even reading the conversations? We're discussing how the launch pricetag is way out of whack when you consider the individual functions and the amalgam of individual devices that is the iPhone. So we're breaking down price wise and I just used the two mp3 players as a reference to how much Apple overprices their items because they know they can.

PS: Off Topic -- I notice the hydralisk in your sig, you anticipating Starcraft 2 as well?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbiani
    Are you even reading the conversations? We're discussing how the launch pricetag is way out of whack when you consider the individual functions and the amalgam of individual devices that is the iPhone. So we're breaking down price wise and I just used the two mp3 players as a reference to how much Apple overprices their items because they know they can.

PS: Off Topic -- I notice the hydralisk in your sig, you anticipating Starcraft 2 as well?
    yah i was reading the conversations..and i was lost
    this has many more functions and serves a different purpose than the iphone
    so i still dont see how they are comparable..
    the iphone is way more useful than this anyways

and yah, im a huge SC fan

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0897-2010-9922-2726
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    yah i was reading the conversations..and i was lost
    this has many more functions and serves a different purpose than the iphone
    so i still dont see how they are comparable..
    the iphone is way more useful than this anyways

and yah, im a huge SC fan
    I was making note of one of the facets of the iPhone, its mp3 functionality.

You can see in the price there that for 100 dollars you get 4 gigs of music/movie space.

You can get a good GPS system for 200$ and that's good, a decent one goes for about 100-120.

You can get the microsoft Wing for 99 dollars if you sign up for a blah blah cellphone companies rape you monetarily.

look at that right there, that's 200$ of the list price and you've got nearly all of the functionality of the iphone.

-shrugs-

Member #
    Friends
    I feel like bitching about the Ipod. Apple intentionally "defeatures" the Ipod so they can keep you coming back for more.

Look at the ROCKBOX firmware replacement for Ipods and you will be shocked. OLD Ipods support features you would have never expected using it.

Here is an example table of the features http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...res_of_Rockbox
    15 sound codecs and the ability to add other programs like doom?! Seems like a no brainer.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbiani
    I was making note of one of the facets of the iPhone, its mp3 functionality.

You can see in the price there that for 100 dollars you get 4 gigs of music/movie space.

You can get a good GPS system for 200$ and that's good, a decent one goes for about 100-120.

You can get the microsoft Wing for 99 dollars if you sign up for a blah blah cellphone companies rape you monetarily.

look at that right there, that's 200$ of the list price and you've got nearly all of the functionality of the iphone.

-shrugs-
    I would rather pay a little more and have one thing that could do it all rather than carrying five things around with me all day.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    ok...can we get back to the actuall video...

big ass table!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    I liked it...twas very funny, and very true.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

I would rather pay a little more and have one thing that could do it all rather than carrying five things around with me all day.
    exactly, you pay more for compactness
    also, it makes you look cooler!

Ads