Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

So I met Sandra Glover today!

Well, like the title says, I had the privelige to meet Sandra Glover today (The Author, not the athlete)

I had the chance to interview her for the School Newspaper, as I write the whole thing , and lacking the ability to write shorthand, I have a Full notebook full of scribbles from when I was writing the interview down, that I'm currently in the process of translating into English

I managed to get a signed copy of 'Don't tell', which I've almost finished reading, I only began reading it an hour ago >.<

I was just wondering, how many of you actually know of her, and what do you think of her style of writing? I think she's very unique, and not credited as much as she should, she's a fantastic Author!

I tell you what, just incase noone has heard of her, and this thread being a huge flop, why don't you share your encounters with famous Authors, or just discuss recent Books you've read?

If it turns out to be a good thread, I suppose I could open a thread about Book reviews etc! I think that'd be a good idea.

Enoch was right.

2. Ads

The_Loose_Cannon
    you got to take a pic with her or anything? i wish i knew who that was

at first i was thinking "danny glover's wife???" yes im that stupid

its times like that you should learn how to write/type in steno (thats what i do when i have to take down depositions or police reports- i write in shorthand)

sounds like you had a nice little event there

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Well, I've heard of the athlete I read mainly autobiographies tbh, never know what books to choose when ever it comes to it, so just go for the easy option (don't read all that much either, just when I go to bed). Any books you recommend?
    I met David Hasslehoff when he was signing books once well... I looked at him.. good times

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You shouldn't have asked me that Wiired...
    Heres my list of Reecomendations:
    Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
    Dream Merchant, Isabel Hoving
    The Bartimeaus Trilogy, Jonothan Stroud
    Northern Lights, Philip Pullman
    The boy in striped Pyjamas, Forgot the Authors Name :P
    Shadow Mancer, G.P Taylor
    The Wardstone Chronicles, Joseph Delaney (AMAZING AUTHOR, MUST READ!!)
    Tersias, G.p Taylor
    War of the Worlds, H.G Wells
    Peter Kay Auto Biography
    Derik Acorahs Amazing Psychic Stories ( I am A witch, and I believe everything he says Is possible, but I'm not too sure whether Derik's genuine or not)
    The Secret of Crickley Hall, James Herbert
    Why do Penguins feet freeze? ( I know you own this one Mike... Aren't I amazing? I just know these things)

@ T.L.C
    I do ha ve a picture with her, Sadly I don't have my Camera at the moment, but as soon as I get the Image, I'll post it up here!
    Last edited by DRMARIO; 06-22-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Enoch was right.

The_Loose_Cannon
    yay! ok i cant wait.

the only authors i read are dean koontz and tom clancy (i read his stuff before the video games)

i normally read on the beach during the summer thats when i have the most down time.

i just finished "the zombie survival" book after buying it like 2 years ago and never having time to read it lol. max brooks is a sick individual lmao

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    You shouldn't have asked me that Wiired...
    Heres my list of Reecomendations:
    Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
    Dream Merchant, Isabel Hoving
    The Bartimeaus Trilogy, Jonothan Stroud
    Northern Lights, Philip Pullman
    The boy in striped Pyjamas, Forgot the Authors Name :P
    Shadow Mancer, G.P Taylor
    The Wardstone Chronicles, Joseph Delaney (AMAZING AUTHOR, MUST READ!!)
    Tersias, G.p Taylor
    War of the Worlds, H.G Wells
    Peter Kay Auto Biography
    Derik Acorahs Amazing Psychic Stories ( I am A witch, and I believe everything he says Is possible, but I'm not too sure whether Derik's genuine or not)
    The Secret of Crickley Hall, James Herbert
    Why do Penguins feet freeze? ( I know you own this one Mike... Aren't I amazing? I just know these things)
    BEST BOOK EVARRR (surrre you didn't see it in my picture )
    And thanks. I was tempted to get the Da Vinci Code, but I saw the film, and it just made me laugh how poor it was, and thought it might be based on the book completly, I guess not :]]

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    BEST BOOK EVARRR (surrre you didn't see it in my picture )
    And thanks. I was tempted to get the Da Vinci Code, but I saw the film, and it just made me laugh how poor it was, and thought it might be based on the book completly, I guess not :]]
    Damn, you figured me out
    I'm looking for the Prquel of that book, called : Does anything eat wasps?

Oh, and theres a book I'm taking to Egypt with me In July, called This Book will save your Life". I've only read reviews, and the blurb, but it looks fantastic!

And TLC, I read alot more whilst on holiday too
    Except I do it in the hotel room :P
    I stick all the Air Conditioning on, and order room service. I really hate the hot weather. I'm lucky I was born in England, eh!

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    never heard of her. your so damn lucky!

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    At Smurf the film isn't exact to the book, I read the book and then watched the film and the film was a disappointment really, what you should do it read the book, but totally blank out the film, or just remember, that the film is based on the book, not the other way around =].

Souad is a really good read, I took it on holidays last year with me. Here's a little summary -

Souad is the pen name attributed to the author of the best-selling book Burned Alive: a Victim of the Law of Men, ostensibly a first-person account of an attempted honor killing. "Souad" is described as a Palestinian woman now living in Europe who survived an attempted murder by her brother-in-law, who doused her with gasoline and set her on fire, at the urging of her family. The book was written as a result of repressed memory therapy.

On my to read list is:

Donnie Brasco: My Undercover Life In The Mafia
    Johnny Depp Autobiography
    Julie Andrews Autobiography =]

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    At Smurf the film isn't exact to the book, I read the book and then watched the film and the film was a disappointment really, what you should do it read the book, but totally blank out the film, or just remember, that the film is based on the book, not the other way around =].

Souad is a really good read, I took it on holidays last year with me. Here's a little summary -

Souad is the pen name attributed to the author of the best-selling book Burned Alive: a Victim of the Law of Men, ostensibly a first-person account of an attempted honor killing. "Souad" is described as a Palestinian woman now living in Europe who survived an attempted murder by her brother-in-law, who doused her with gasoline and set her on fire, at the urging of her family. The book was written as a result of repressed memory therapy.

On my to read list is:

Donnie Brasco: My Undercover Life In The Mafia
    Johnny Depp Autobiography
    Julie Andrews Autobiography =]
    The fact that Wii_Smurf isn't in this thread, I'm assuming you were directing that at me but thanks, I'll most likely get it for my holiday journey

Ads