LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Boot Camp (Mac)

  1. #11
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I run OSX on my old POS dell natively. Currently I'm on 10.4.8 because I've been too lazy to update to 10.4.9

    Got rid of my G4 Titanium and my overclocked mini.


    I suggest getting a fast firewire external HD and using that to install windows so you don't have to change partition sizes on your main HD.

  2. #12
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    It is kind of funny when you put it that way. It's worked for me. I just wish there a program wine-like for OS X. One piece of advise, if you have to have windows don't ever use vista (aka Windows ME) it's complete rubbish, boot camp works fantastic with windows xp Professional, haven't tried home, but I imagine it works ok
    i didn't say it wasn't going to work, just saying it was stupid.
    Vista works fine thanks, i got it, does exactly what i need, and thats nothing!

    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    I run OSX on my old POS dell natively. Currently I'm on 10.4.8 because I've been too lazy to update to 10.4.9

    Got rid of my G4 Titanium and my overclocked mini.


    I suggest getting a fast firewire external HD and using that to install windows so you don't have to change partition sizes on your main HD.
    I wouldn't be so proud of that if i was you, installing OS X on a machine that doesn't have an apple logo on it is against the licence agreement, and apple have been known to take that seriously.
    Last edited by Gaz; 06-23-2007 at 03:50 AM.
    Mac Expert.

  3. #13
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    I wouldn't be so proud of that if i was you, installing OS X on a machine that doesn't have an apple logo on it is against the licence agreement, and apple have been known to take that seriously.
    Once you buy a copy of OSX you are allowed to install it on up to 5 machines. Try again hater.

    Besides does the name "Power Computing" or "Umax" mean anything to you?

  4. #14
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Once you buy a copy of OSX you are allowed to install it on up to 5 machines. Try again hater.
    read you licence agreement.

    ok i will point out where for you...

    2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
    A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.
    Try again hater.
    Mac Expert.

  5. #15
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wrong license agreement. The family update pack specifically says its for use on up to 5 computers.
    Hmm but it does say "apple labeled" so I guess Im in trouble. Call loose_cannon

    edit:
    Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household
    If apple took it so seriously the insanelymac forums would no longer exist.

    Either way its a well known that a PC runs OSX faster than an Apple of the same price. A Lenovo is of equal quality as an Apple so why spend the extra money?
    Last edited by ciper; 06-23-2007 at 04:15 AM.

  6. #16
    WiiChat Member redwagon76's Avatar
    Member #
    17250
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    96
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i didn't say it wasn't going to work, just saying it was stupid.
    Vista works fine thanks, i got it, does exactly what i need, and thats nothing!
    Take it easy, firstly, I didn't even imply that you thought it doesn't work, i was merely commenting that it did work. And Secondly, I didn't mean to make you sad by putting down your Microsoft. Last thing I want to do is start another discussion of mac/linux/whatever v. Windows. For future reference, I know things come out differently when typed out online, but seriously learn to recognize when someone's not attacking you and just adding to the conversation.


    Oh and thanks Paint, I've not heard of it but I have now and will give it a whirl. Unfortunately Mac makes it easy to develop quality programs with their free xTools and it's hard to sift through all the great programs
    Last edited by redwagon76; 06-23-2007 at 08:31 AM.

  7. #17
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    Take it easy, firstly, I didn't even imply that you thought it doesn't work, i was merely commenting that it did work. And Secondly, I didn't mean to make you sad by putting down your Microsoft. Last thing I want to do is start another discussion of mac/linux/whatever v. Windows. For future reference, I know things come out differently when typed out online, but seriously learn to recognize when someone's not attacking you and just adding to the conversation.


    Oh and thanks Paint, I've not heard of it but I have now and will give it a whirl. Unfortunately Mac makes it easy to develop quality programs with their free xTools and it's hard to sift through all the great programs
    yes, learn to recognize when someone's not attacking you i did no such thing to you.

    oh and just for clarification. i use OS X

    hench why i'm in this discusion in the first place.
    Last edited by Gaz; 06-23-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    Mac Expert.

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member redwagon76's Avatar
    Member #
    17250
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    96
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I was just thrown off by the word stupid. Oh well. I can't hate a fellow OS X'r. I also wanted to add that if anyone is using bootcamp they should be using rEFIt http://refit.sourceforge.net/ I can't stand having to hold the option key when booting, I know I'm lazy. I'm sure most people know about it but I thought I'd mention it.

  9. #19
    Gaz
    Gaz is offline
    Poker Face :D Gaz's Avatar
    Member #
    10932
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    London / Plymouth
    Posts
    887
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    I was just thrown off by the word stupid. Oh well. I can't hate a fellow OS X'r. I also wanted to add that if anyone is using bootcamp they should be using rEFIt http://refit.sourceforge.net/ I can't stand having to hold the option key when booting, I know I'm lazy. I'm sure most people know about it but I thought I'd mention it.
    tis alright, thats the internet for you tho, there is no tone so you can't tell.
    nice link, might try it.
    Mac Expert.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts