+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boot Camp (Mac)

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7340-2535-0641-6266

Boot Camp (Mac)

I'm wondering whether to install boot camp on my Mac Mini as I have a windows Xp home and wouldt mind having it on my mac mini.

What are you're thoughts on this matter and plese don't spam this thread as I wll put in a complaint.

Thanks for all who post something worthwhile here
    Cameron

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Well, what do you want us to say? Put it on if you want to run Windows.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Yeh but will i slow my mac down at all or does it have any effect on it? and where do i get it.

Member #
    Friends
    Con: Since you have windows installed on the machine, you are still going to be vulnerable viruses and stuff like that even though you also have Mac OS X installed. So you are also going to have to buy an antivirus program.
    Con2: I heard that if you want to switch between the 2 operating systems you are going to have to reboot your system and that might be a bit frustrating for some people

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermariomp3
    Con: Since you have windows installed on the machine, you are still going to be vulnerable viruses and stuff like that even though you also have Mac OS X installed. So you are also going to have to buy an antivirus program.
    Con2: I heard that if you want to switch between the 2 operating systems you are going to have to reboot your system and that might be a bit frustrating for some people
    rubbish, any virus will just affect windows, not OS X. and yes you will have to reboot to switch OS, you can't VM it with only a GB of RAM, and 2GB is only just enough.

anyway, i use it, it's great, doesn't slow down your Mac, it just creates a partition for Windows to be installed on.

what ever u do, don't browse the windows files from you mac, that just compleatly mucks it up!!
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Ok wont browse my files from windows got it

Member #
    Friends
    You SHOULD install bootcamp, but skip XP and install a distro of Linux, either Ubuntu or Fedora. Both will work great and then you can run windows apps with wine.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    You SHOULD install bootcamp, but skip XP and install a distro of Linux, either Ubuntu or Fedora. Both will work great and then you can run windows apps with wine.
    so basically install two unix OS's and then emulate windows apps. thats funny
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    so basically install two unix OS's and then emulate windows apps. thats funny
    It is kind of funny when you put it that way. It's worked for me. I just wish there a program wine-like for OS X. One piece of advise, if you have to have windows don't ever use vista (aka Windows ME) it's complete rubbish, boot camp works fantastic with windows xp Professional, haven't tried home, but I imagine it works ok

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    It is kind of funny when you put it that way. It's worked for me. I just wish there a program wine-like for OS X. One piece of advise, if you have to have windows don't ever use vista (aka Windows ME) it's complete rubbish, boot camp works fantastic with windows xp Professional, haven't tried home, but I imagine it works ok
    You've never heard of Darwine? Its a port of Wine to OS X.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads