Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Guild Wars?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Its a really addictive game, first you can chose what type of character you want (I chose R/mo) then you build up your character with skills, items and a pet if your a ranger. On the missions at first you can do them with bots, but when you get into more depth with the game you have to work with random people everyone doing different jobs (you'll hear a lot of "LF monk"). Then you can join guilds which is really fun as they have events such as 'farming' or pvp nights. I have the original and factions, and I am very pleased with them

I had to delete them from my comp as they were taking up too much space, but I'll be getting a new comp soon so I can play again
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    Its a really addictive game, first you can chose what type of character you want (I chose R/mo) then you build up your character with skills, items and a pet if your a ranger. On the missions at first you can do them with bots, but when you get into more depth with the game you have to work with random people everyone doing different jobs (you'll hear a lot of "LF monk"). Then you can join guilds which is really fun as they have events such as 'farming' or pvp nights. I have the original and factions, and I am very pleased with them

I had to delete them from my comp as they were taking up too much space, but I'll be getting a new comp soon so I can play again
    Cool thanks,

I have looked into charectors a bit and intrested in quite a few like assasins

Member #
    Friends
    I own Guild Wars. It is fun, but you can only talk to people in towns. Once you start a mission its just you and the other 3 people you choose. It does get old after awhile. Yes there are no fees, but I rather pay the extra $ to play WoW.
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    guild wars?

have it. Would I reccommend it? No. They make money off their expensive expansions. The gameplay is alright, but very...shallow. Everything is instanced, no jumping, it feels very restricted. Then again, if you are not expecting much and are easily entertained by the same thing for a long period of time, you might like it. Everyone looks the same.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-23-2007 at 09:03 AM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    guild wars?

have it. Would I reccommend it? No. They make money off their expensive expansions. The gameplay is alright, but very...shallow. Everything is instanced, no jumping, it feels very restricted. Then again, if you are not expecting much and are easily entertained by the same thing for a long period of time, you might like it. Everyone looks the same.
    Well, thanks for explain the flaws, I understand that a game like this gets repedative but sometimes I end up getting hooked on stuff like this even if I don't like it

I didn't really expect the restricted feel, I thought it would have a more open enviroment and stuff to do.

Expensive expansions? As far as I know there is only one expansion pack that isn't released yet 'Eye of the north', Don't Factions/Original/Nightfall act as stand alone games, like they are their own game but all link together.

On Play.com for me they are only 10 so I will pribably get nightfall or factions

Ads