Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    im fine with it, i dont smoke so i dont gife a $#!7

help me im dying help

Member #
    Friends
    I totally agree hun...... its a matter of opinion like... you go in a pub and drink and most people smoke, I dont agree with it in resutrants so I think thats right to have people chuffing away whilst folks eating, just think there are more worse people in the world than smokers..... my pet hate is people that have dogs and dont clean mess up after them!!!!!!!terrorists, gun crime, murderers, paedophiles!!!!!!!! GET OFF SMOKERS BACKS

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Personally, I think banning smoking is wrong. If you don't like smoke, do not go there. Vote with your dollars (or pounds, in this case).

The erosion of civil liberties will never stop. Soon, there will be legislation over smoking in your own home or car. Then, they will decide to go after something else. This is a slippery slope.

For the record: I have not touched a cigarette in almost 4 years.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by dakuda
    Personally, I think banning smoking is wrong. If you don't like smoke, do not go there.
    So your saying don't go outside?
    I hate walking past some smokers and getting it all in my system. I just don't like the smell of it.
    What do you want me to do run past them? Yeah because running 5 feet along the path doesn't look suspicious

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Quote Originally Posted by dakuda
    Personally, I think banning smoking is wrong. If you don't like smoke, do not go there. Vote with your dollars (or pounds, in this case).

The erosion of civil liberties will never stop. Soon, there will be legislation over smoking in your own home or car. Then, they will decide to go after something else. This is a slippery slope.

For the record: I have not touched a cigarette in almost 4 years.

Ok maybe I should die then because everywhere I can go in the world there are smokers

Is that what you think

Oh and look at you not going for a cigarette for 4 years wha do you want a cookie?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    LOL, Cammy well doesn't like smokers

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Well Im a bit of a paradox there as my mum is a smoker bu I hate her smoking

It's the vicious circle of life

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    Oh and look at you not going for a cigarette for 4 years wha do you want a cookie?

The point of that comment was: I don't smoke anymore, but I used to. So, that is not influencing my opinion since it is not causing me any inconvenience. I quite cold turkey in 2003. From over a pack a day to nothing. A cookie would be nice, sure. When will you be near Chicago next?

As for the outside argument, the way I read the initial post was public indoor places. That does not cover outside.

Hey, if you want more rights taken away from you, go right ahead. I would prefer to keep my rights as long as possible. If I want to hang out in a smoky bar, I should be allowed to. If I wish to drive w/o a seatbelt, I should be able to.

My MAIN point is that the more rights people give up, the more that governments will take.
    Last edited by dakuda; 07-01-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Well Ill send you one in the mail
    Will that be choc chip?

And I don't care what rights the goverment take away form me as I will be the next prime minister

Member #
    Friends
    you don't get smoke in your system by walking past smokers... that's ridiculous. even if you happen to walk right through their puff of smoke, you're not inhaling enough smoke to make any difference at ALL.

i don't really agree with the "if you don't smoke, don't go there" argument though, because that kind of alienates non-smokers. smokers know when they decide to smoke that they're going to be a little alienated, but there's no reason a non-smoker should have to avoid going to certain restaurants and stuff.

i'm a little contradictory in my statements, i apologize. i'm riding the fence on this issue.

Ads