LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Language filter

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Even though I started the thread I stopped reading once a few of the moderators were against the idea of stopping its use. I don't think the thread exists any longer

It shocked the hell out of me how hurtful the members here can be with no remorse including those mods.

Another great example is the use of the word "gay" as a synonim for stupid on this forum. Moderators do nothing about it and when members ask for the person to stop.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    In the smoking you were talking about taking our rights away but now you want them taken away?
    Censorship = BullShit
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Even though I started the thread I stopped reading once a few of the moderators were against the idea of stopping its use. I don't think the thread exists any longer

It shocked the hell out of me how hurtful the members here can be with no remorse including those mods.
    In my opinion most of the members here didn't even know what it meant and or stood for. Also I believe most members here were using it as an abbreviation and not an insult. Or atleast thats what I remember from that thread.

Another great example is the use of the word "gay" as a synonim for stupid on this forum. Moderators do nothing about it and when members ask for the person to stop its ignored.
    Can't say I disagree with you there. I hate seeing the word "gay" being used as an insult towards others. Pathetic if you ask me.

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Censorship = BullShit
    I think the fact that children use sites like these is more than enough reason to have a filter. Heaven forbid people talk without having to swear anyway.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Gay means happy

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    In my opinion most of the members here didn't even know what it meant and or stood for. Also I believe most members here were using it as an abbreviation and not an insult.
    You are right. However not knowing the meaning behind a word and using the incorrect abreviation are not a good excuse. I cited reputable sources (I could have provided more) and stated my case without anger or attacking anyone.

Moderators are like the ambassadors of Wiichat. If they are for using a racial slur then doesnt that mean Wiichat itself supports it?

If not then I am sure the Administrators were aware of that thread. Since nothing was done about the words use then Wiichat is not discouraging its use and in my mind that is the same as supporting its use.

Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    Gay means happy
    Sorry but the context is important in this case. If you read the posts where "gay" is used replacing it with HAPPY makes no sense.

Everytime someone uses the term GAY in this manner it is like a slap in the face for a homosexual person or the people that care about them. You feel even worse when the Moderators/Administrators of this site do nothing to the person who wrote it.

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Sorry but the context is important in this case. If you read the posts where "gay" is used replacing it with HAPPY makes no sense.

Everytime someone uses the term GAY in this manner it is like a slap in the face for a homosexual person or the people that care about them. You feel even worse when the Moderators/Administrators of this site do nothing to the person who wrote it.
    if homosexual people were offended by the word "gay" then they would call their pride parades a Gay Pride Parade. and how in the HELL does not thinking the term jap or gay being offensive mean we encourage their use? if we see it used in a hurtfull mannor, we will remove it. however if someone uses the term chinc (or however its spelled), ni**er, beaner, wetback or other words like that, we will get rid of them when we see them. i know about 3 gay people. they couldnt care less if someone uses the word gay. however they DO care if they are using it to be hurtfull to them being gay. they dont care if they hear someone call another person gay because they did something dumb. now terms like ni**ger are diffrent. black people (most anyways, i know some who dont) get mad when someone uses that word. thats what you never hear "ni**ger power!" or things like that. just drop the damn subject. its really starting to piss me off

(p.s. screw being professional right now. this is my rant. good day)

EDIT: back on topic. i do think i0n needs to add some words to the language filter. ill make a post in the staff lounge about it

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    Gay means happy

Your avatar and sig are gay.

Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    I know
    thank you

Member #
    Friends
    What do you mean only once censored word

You tell us about bad grammar and look at what you do.
    once censored? damn...he owned you without even lifting a finger...

Ads