LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Language filter

  1. #11
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Even though I started the thread I stopped reading once a few of the moderators were against the idea of stopping its use. I don't think the thread exists any longer

    It shocked the hell out of me how hurtful the members here can be with no remorse including those mods.

    Another great example is the use of the word "gay" as a synonim for stupid on this forum. Moderators do nothing about it and when members ask for the person to stop.

  2. #12
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    In the smoking you were talking about taking our rights away but now you want them taken away?
    Censorship = BullShit
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  3. #13
    That Canucks Fan Syntax's Avatar
    Member #
    10388
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,358
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Even though I started the thread I stopped reading once a few of the moderators were against the idea of stopping its use. I don't think the thread exists any longer

    It shocked the hell out of me how hurtful the members here can be with no remorse including those mods.
    In my opinion most of the members here didn't even know what it meant and or stood for. Also I believe most members here were using it as an abbreviation and not an insult. Or atleast thats what I remember from that thread.


    Another great example is the use of the word "gay" as a synonim for stupid on this forum. Moderators do nothing about it and when members ask for the person to stop its ignored.
    Can't say I disagree with you there. I hate seeing the word "gay" being used as an insult towards others. Pathetic if you ask me.

  4. #14
    <3 Rach Jay61's Avatar
    Member #
    19954
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    935
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Censorship = BullShit
    I think the fact that children use sites like these is more than enough reason to have a filter. Heaven forbid people talk without having to swear anyway.


    [Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]


  5. #15
    Banned wii_cammy's Avatar
    Member #
    15971
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In Scotland
    Posts
    1,898
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Gay means happy

  6. #16
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    In my opinion most of the members here didn't even know what it meant and or stood for. Also I believe most members here were using it as an abbreviation and not an insult.
    You are right. However not knowing the meaning behind a word and using the incorrect abreviation are not a good excuse. I cited reputable sources (I could have provided more) and stated my case without anger or attacking anyone.

    Moderators are like the ambassadors of Wiichat. If they are for using a racial slur then doesnt that mean Wiichat itself supports it?

    If not then I am sure the Administrators were aware of that thread. Since nothing was done about the words use then Wiichat is not discouraging its use and in my mind that is the same as supporting its use.

    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    Gay means happy
    Sorry but the context is important in this case. If you read the posts where "gay" is used replacing it with HAPPY makes no sense.

    Everytime someone uses the term GAY in this manner it is like a slap in the face for a homosexual person or the people that care about them. You feel even worse when the Moderators/Administrators of this site do nothing to the person who wrote it.

  7. #17
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,145
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Sorry but the context is important in this case. If you read the posts where "gay" is used replacing it with HAPPY makes no sense.

    Everytime someone uses the term GAY in this manner it is like a slap in the face for a homosexual person or the people that care about them. You feel even worse when the Moderators/Administrators of this site do nothing to the person who wrote it.
    if homosexual people were offended by the word "gay" then they would call their pride parades a Gay Pride Parade. and how in the HELL does not thinking the term jap or gay being offensive mean we encourage their use? if we see it used in a hurtfull mannor, we will remove it. however if someone uses the term chinc (or however its spelled), ni**er, beaner, wetback or other words like that, we will get rid of them when we see them. i know about 3 gay people. they couldnt care less if someone uses the word gay. however they DO care if they are using it to be hurtfull to them being gay. they dont care if they hear someone call another person gay because they did something dumb. now terms like ni**ger are diffrent. black people (most anyways, i know some who dont) get mad when someone uses that word. thats what you never hear "ni**ger power!" or things like that. just drop the damn subject. its really starting to piss me off

    (p.s. screw being professional right now. this is my rant. good day)

    EDIT: back on topic. i do think i0n needs to add some words to the language filter. ill make a post in the staff lounge about it

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  8. #18
    umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    24039
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In search of epic lulz
    Posts
    1,260
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    Gay means happy

    Your avatar and sig are gay.


    Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #19
    Banned wii_cammy's Avatar
    Member #
    15971
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In Scotland
    Posts
    1,898
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    I know
    thank you

  10. #20
    WiiChat Member Warrior's Avatar
    Member #
    27115
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_cammy
    What do you mean only once censored word

    You tell us about bad grammar and look at what you do.
    once censored? damn...he owned you without even lifting a finger...

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts