LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    If you like RPGs, then 360 NOT ps3.

    Blue Dragon will be hot.

    And paintballer don't be dumb and do the same noob thing the noobs do when they compare the 360 and ps3.

    ZOMG 200 FOR HD-DVD DRIVE. WTF cares about HD-DVD drive.

    Actually I just noticed you are a Mac fan...so that pretty much explains your ability to think logically.
    I'm just saying that the PS3 is a better value. You probably won't want all of those things, but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 is a better value. And even if you just get the premium 360 and pay for Live it will cost more.
    • Premium 360: $400
    • Live: $250
    • Total: $650

    • PS3: $500

    And don't hate me just because you use an inferior OS.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  2. #12
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    I'm just saying that the PS3 is a better value. You probably won't want all of those things, but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 is a better value. And even if you just get the premium 360 and pay for Live it will cost more.
    • Premium 360: $400
    • Live: $250
    • Total: $650

    • PS3: $500

    And don't hate me just because you use an inferior OS.
    That's pretty retarded adding $250 up front for potential 5 years of live lol.

    And inferior OS? MAC OSX is built on the "inferior" operating system I use along side windows.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  3. #13
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    That's pretty retarded adding $250 up front for potential 5 years of live lol.

    And inferior OS? MAC OSX is built on the "inferior" operating system I use along side windows.
    Why is it retarded? People always look at the immediate price, but not what it will cost in the end.

    About the OSs, it is just personal preference. I have a PC right under my Mac, but I rarely turn it on, and when I do I boot into Linux. (which is excellent) I just can't stand Windows and all its viruses. XP isn't too bad, but Vista is just shit. I put Vista on a partition of my PC and I removed it two weeks later. Anyway, enough of this, I'm off to watch E3.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member Celestial's Avatar
    Member #
    16628
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,396
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I'd get a Ps3.. mostly because I haven't played a 360 much and I know the Ps3 is amazing from actually having one.

    And if I bought a 360 I would want to get the HD DVD drive...

    AND I just prefer the Ps3's games

    360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

  5. #15
    infused sherwood3570's Avatar
    Member #
    24779
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    807
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    You guys are a great help. From Sony's E3 preview...I'm starting to lean more towards Sony.

    Systems that cost 4,5, and 6 hundred dollars better look damn good on my entertainment center lol. I know the 360 has a pretty good library of games, but with PS3 I can play most of the old PS2 and PS1 games which I have never had the joy to play. I never experienced God of War or a ton of the FF games.

    I already own a regular Xbox...so that rules out playing older games. The only thing thats stopping me is the price tag and the "somewhat" not as good library compared to Microsoft, alongside the fact that I trust Microsoft and am a lot familiar with their products. The 360 is a two year running machine almost and has had the time to work out bugs and what not. The PS3 just came out and has to have time to stretch it's legs. I don't want to get screwed, you know?

    Is there anything else that you guys could do to steer me in the other direction? I want to make a safe and fine purchase. $500 dollars down the drain would make me depressed. I don't want to start a flame war. I just like opinions and facts.

    Edit: Also, since the 360 has almost 2 years on the other consoles...Am I going to get 2 year shafted when the next systems come out. Would it be like buying a PS2 in 2004??
    Last edited by sherwood3570; 07-11-2007 at 05:17 PM.

  6. #16
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    Why is it retarded? People always look at the immediate price, but not what it will cost in the end.

    About the OSs, it is just personal preference. I have a PC right under my Mac, but I rarely turn it on, and when I do I boot into Linux. (which is excellent) I just can't stand Windows and all its viruses. XP isn't too bad, but Vista is just shit. I put Vista on a partition of my PC and I removed it two weeks later. Anyway, enough of this, I'm off to watch E3.
    I love how you justify why you don't like Windows with viruses, then you say XP isn't too bad but Vista is shit?

    XP is the virus infested POS. I have had Vista since launch and never even had a slight trojan.

    And Macs are fine if you do nothing but chat and browse.

    And sherwood I gurantee if you get a PS3 you will regret it. You DEFINITELY want to get a 360. Whoever said PS3s are for RPG's are totally FOS.

    Reasons to get 360:

    1) Badass accessories.
    2) Xbox Live is far better than anything Sony will ever have. And when it is integrated as Windows Live it will be even better gaming with people on PCs.
    3) Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect. And that is just a tiny number of the amazing games coming for the 360.
    Last edited by vagrant; 07-11-2007 at 05:17 PM.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  7. #17
    WiiChat Member Celestial's Avatar
    Member #
    16628
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,396
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Assassin's Creed was apparantly a disappointment at Microsoft E3... Was looking forward to it Hope it actually turns out to be good...

    360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

  8. #18
    WiiChat Member paintba||er's Avatar
    Member #
    1665
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Posts
    3,417
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwood3570
    I already own a regular Xbox...so that rules out playing older games. The only thing thats stopping me is the price tag and the "somewhat" not as good library compared to Microsoft, alongside the fact that I trust Microsoft and am a lot familiar with their products. The 360 is a two year running machine almost and has had the time to work out bugs and what not. The PS3 just came out and has to have time to stretch it's legs. I don't want to get screwed, you know?
    You really think the PS3 has more bugs than the 360?

    @Vagrant: I could argue all day about OSs, but that isn't what this thread is about so I'm going to try and stay on topic.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

  9. #19
    infused sherwood3570's Avatar
    Member #
    24779
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    807
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    no, not really. i figure that the xbox has a stance of some sort though. idk lol, i guess i cant back that up.

  10. #20
    Super Moderator RivalDestiny's Avatar
    WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    8214
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,451
    Friends
    5
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

    Obviously, since the 360 has been out for so much longer. But if you compare what the 360 had at this point in its life, the PS3 kicks its ass.
    We'll see about that...I'd go with the 360 now and PS3 later though. You'll be better off.

    Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts