LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Comments on Gamestop

Okay, so I recently got hired at a Gamestop and have heard some rather disappointing things about a job that initially excited me quite a bit. Are there any Gamestop employees on this forum? If so, please share any work related issues and/or concerns you may have with this company. How many hours do some of you get in a week? What are your pay (stubs) like? Just curious, thanks.

Signature by Syntax

The_Loose_Cannon
    a good friend of mine is the manager of one. he used to constantly offer me a job there like a few years back.

i almost took him up on it until i got hired at radioshack but then i found out there discount sucks and they don't watch movies and play games all day. its a tape youre forced to watch and it was lame

umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    lol you dont even wanna get me started on them. Ive posted about it in the past.

Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    i had a friend that worked there a few years ago and she (like me) didn't know anything about video games. she didn't really like the job, but i don't know the reasons. probably because she had no interest in video games. and i think the people she worked with were jerks.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by CCScandalus
    i had a friend that worked there a few years ago and she (like me) didn't know anything about video games. she didn't really like the job, but i don't know the reasons. probably because she had no interest in video games. and i think the people she worked with were jerks.
    Everytime I go to all the gamestops/ EB games near me they always are really really cool. The people there are nice and they know a lot about what their talking about.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, i didn't mean everybody that works there... just those that she happened to work with at the time

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    I've heard some really nasty rumors about gamestop.....
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by CCScandalus
    yeah, i didn't mean everybody that works there... just those that she happened to work with at the time
    K. Out of all the stores, they have the best selection that I've seen. (Quoting that they sell pretty much all video games.)
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    One time i bought a xbox live card and i went hoem to scratch off the numbers and imput them and i turns out a few numbers were missing. Later that night i called the customer service for xbox and they said to return it to gamestop for a new one since it was defected, but i tried to reurned it and the man said sorry but we do not accept returns on it. Then i pulled out my cellphone and called customers service and they said that gamestop does accept returns on defective cards but the man refused to take the phone to listen to the customers service himself and then asked me to leave the store because i was distrupting the customers, and it turns out there were no customers. He then said if i didnt leave he would call the police. Then i left and didnt buy from gamestop again.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    One time i bought a xbox live card and i went hoem to scratch off the numbers and imput them and i turns out a few numbers were missing. Later that night i called the customer service for xbox and they said to return it to gamestop for a new one since it was defected, but i tried to reurned it and the man said sorry but we do not accept returns on it. Then i pulled out my cellphone and called customers service and they said that gamestop does accept returns on defective cards but the man refused to take the phone to listen to the customers service himself and then asked me to leave the store because i was distrupting the customers, and it turns out there were no customers. He then said if i didnt leave he would call the police. Then i left and didnt buy from gamestop again.
    Hmm that sucks..

I'm pretty sure if the guy ended up calling the police not much would have happened seeing as you had a valid point and the guy was trying to rip you off....

Assuming Gamestop and EB Games are basically the same they tend to rip people off when it comes to trading in games. However the workers at the EB Games near me are actually quite nice.

Ads