+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pain Is weird

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    i know. i stub my toe and it hurts like hell but when my friend accidentally punches me in the face causing a 1 inch cut in my forehead with blood everywhere it doesnt hurt until a few days later. i think it has something to do with adrenalin or something
    You're right, I'm almost sure it's adrenaline that causes you to react the way you do.

I once lost control of my bicycle when I was younger, because I was trying to avoid this guy who just seemed to appear, and my bike flipped, and I went head first into saome railings. I remember waking up with a load of people looking down on me, and blood was blurring my vision, but I felt no pain whatsoever.

And then another time, I'd found a dog who'd got lost, so I had the dog under my arm, and I was heading home to phone the RSPCA to come pick it up, and I got attacked by a chav who I'd had experiences with several times before.
    I'd told him in the past exactly what I though of him, and that I look down on him as a sad pathetic child trying to gain 'respect' from all the other scumbags he hangs around with, and is really so insecure that he has to prove himself all the time.

So anyway, he headbutted me and broke my nose >.<
    WHILST I had a young pup under my arm.

The point of this is that I didn't feel pain either in that experience.

(I'm really not too fussed about the broken nose, I'm getting a nose job in a year or two anyway >.<)

Enoch was right.

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Gah, chav's... you should of told him the car boot sale down the road had a sale on

I have had a few experiences with pain, the most recent was a few weeks ago, I was playing football and my friend (rather big for a 13 year old, muscles and such) well he plays for a team, in the academy for a really good team, well it was one end of the pitch, he kicked the ball has hard as he could to clear, but i was there, right in my face, vision was blurry and had a redface where the ball had hit, yet no pain.

But the day before that someone fell on my wrist (which i broke a year ago) and it hurt like hell.

Weird, but maybe aderenalin.

I wasn't expecting the person falling on me, I was just chilling and but with the football I had spent the last hour running about getting took down anyway.
    Last edited by Foxy; 08-03-2007 at 08:13 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    1262-1897-0166-8568
    yeah, it happens

Tip:
    if you have a nail or peice of glass in you, do NOT remove it!

help me im dying help

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    You're right, I'm almost sure it's adrenaline that causes you to react the way you do.

I once lost control of my bicycle when I was younger, because I was trying to avoid this guy who just seemed to appear, and my bike flipped, and I went head first into saome railings. I remember waking up with a load of people looking down on me, and blood was blurring my vision, but I felt no pain whatsoever.

And then another time, I'd found a dog who'd got lost, so I had the dog under my arm, and I was heading home to phone the RSPCA to come pick it up, and I got attacked by a chav who I'd had experiences with several times before.
    I'd told him in the past exactly what I though of him, and that I look down on him as a sad pathetic child trying to gain 'respect' from all the other scumbags he hangs around with, and is really so insecure that he has to prove himself all the time.

So anyway, he headbutted me and broke my nose >.<
    WHILST I had a young pup under my arm.

The point of this is that I didn't feel pain either in that experience.

(I'm really not too fussed about the broken nose, I'm getting a nose job in a year or two anyway >.<)
    Surprisingly, in Liverpool, chavs only attack other chavs or old people. Maybe that's because I'm a girl and go to a girls' school so don't know any male chavs. >_>

Pain, is subjective. If we don't realise a cut is there, it won't bother us, unless it's damn freakin' large, but as soon as we look at it, we panic. We panic at the sight of blood, and think it has to hurt. Now you're aware of it, it damn well hurts.

It doesn't depend on adrenalin at all, it's a connection from oxygen to your brain, if I do believe so. Cutting off the oxygen to your brain would leave you like a zombie, but you will be able to endure large amounts of physical pain. There are some, mental, side effects to that though, mainly narcassism. Ataraxia is the state where you focus only on pleasure and eliminate the other side of things, meaning suffering, that's what the Greeks thought to believe. You can still achieve that state of mind by putting a bag over your head, but I wouldn't advise it.

Quote Originally Posted by My good friend Wikipedia
    Ataraxia (Ἀταραξία) is a Greek term used by Pyrrho and Epicurus for freedom from worry or any other preoccupation, and for Epicurus to achieve Hędonę, the great pleasure.

For the Stoics, ataraxia was synonymous with the only true happiness possible for a person. It signifies the detached and balanced state of mind that shows that a person has transcended the material world and is now harvesting all the comforts of philosophy.
    So, it's basically like monks who train themselves not to feel pain. I wish I was a monk. Then I'd be a guy and wouldn't have periods.

Then again, I haven't really endured large amounts of physical pain because I'm not much into the idea of killing myself.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Adrenaline still has a major part in a majorty of subjects connected to pain.

For instance, say your getting ripped to shreds by a crocodile, Adrenaline kicks in. That's a reason it's there.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Yeah some guy just randomly shot me 4 times in the head I only felt the first one a little

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by DRMARIO
    Adrenaline still has a major part in a majorty of subjects connected to pain.

For instance, say your getting ripped to shreds by a crocodile, Adrenaline kicks in. That's a reason it's there.
    Yeah, adrenalin triggers our reflexes more and lets us belt out of that crocodile pit.
    I love you, Adam.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    Yeah some guy just randomly shot me 4 times in the head I only felt the first one a little
    ahahahahahaha *REPPED*

(Hopefully you were joking because I would feel terrible if you were serious)

I popped a blood sack in my knee playing basketball. And its funny that you all talk about not feeling the pain because that hurt like hell. More important then the immediate pain was the fact that I couldnt train for months.

Oh, and I'll also tear my ACL in the near future. Most likely before I get out of highschool.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ahahahahahaha *REPPED*

(Hopefully you were joking because I would feel terrible if you were serious)

I popped a blood sack in my knee playing basketball. And its funny that you all talk about not feeling the pain because that hurt like hell. More important then the immediate pain was the fact that I couldnt train for months.

Oh, and I'll also tear my ACL in the near future. Most likely before I get out of highschool.
    Yeah gotta hurt your Quad, like your buddy HHH

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ahaha I dont plan on it. I wouldnt be able to stand being out for that long...

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads