LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.
    Seeing as the fanboy has been banned, I think it's safe to say a little bit more before we drop the subject.

Halo did not in any way invent that formula. It's been around since the N64 and PC. Quake, Doom, and even James Bond were all better FPS games than Halo, and all run similarly. And TONS of games have been about running around shooting aliens. As for changing the game type, nobody expects that, we're just saying Halo did NOT live up to it's hype (which is what this thread is about) And as for online, they didn't invent that either. Their have been tons of online games and they just moved it to a console. And it wasn't "amazing" online play, it was just the typical FPS multiplayer mode and they said "ok, now hook it up to a modem and jack up the price"
    amazing online play for a console, yes. an online the wii hasnt even begun to match yet.
    also, the formula is the formula the game uses. if you say its the same formula of all thoes games then all thoes games must suck cause they dont change! but no, im talking about the way it plays, the storyline, the weapons, and such, not the fact it is a FPS.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    WAH!?! It says Banned though!?!

And the weapons are just the same old weapons except they look different =P

And SSBB will crush Halo's online, I can tell you that right now.

Now, I like playing Halo from time-to-time but it really isn't as good as people like to say it is.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    warioware smooth moves, one of the worst game i ever had

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S.
    WAH!?! It says Banned though!?!

And the weapons are just the same old weapons except they look different =P

And SSBB will crush Halo's online, I can tell you that right now.

Now, I like playing Halo from time-to-time but it really isn't as good as people like to say it is.
    rofl, and you call me a fanboy. what am i a fanboy of?? i would assume microsoft but then i see my nintendo posters surrounding my computer on the wall...or my ps2 downstairs........
    the weapons arent all the same every game. this just proves that you hate halo without knowing anything about it.
    as for online...i dont think SSBB will offer as much options as halo will, but it might (seeing if they put all the options from ssbm online) but it also probably wont have something similar to trueskill, which matches you up to players with the most similar skill possible. but as for the fact it would be SSB Online, that will be awesome, as long as there isnt lag and theres voice chat (i dont know if there is voice chat already though..) it will be awesome.

and roflx2, you thought i was banned. man wheres shiftfallout... i wont bother with you guys much more after this, you arent worth the type.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Sovieto.....you dont want to bring Shift into this.....although i havent seen him in quite a while.....wth as he been?
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    rofl, and you call me a fanboy. what am i a fanboy of?? i would assume microsoft but then i see my nintendo posters surrounding my computer on the wall...or my ps2 downstairs........
    Of Halo, duh

the weapons arent all the same every game. this just proves that you hate halo without knowing anything about it.
    Actually, I've beat both of them...the weapons are very similar to other weapons that have appeared in other games

as for online...i dont think SSBB will offer as much options as halo will, but it might (seeing if they put all the options from ssbm online) but it also probably wont have something similar to trueskill, which matches you up to players with the most similar skill possible. but as for the fact it would be SSB Online, that will be awesome, as long as there isnt lag and theres voice chat (i dont know if there is voice chat already though..) it will be awesome.
    Voice chat really adds nothing to the game...and with SSBB you have more stages and characters...I don't know about game modes, but it's possible. As for TrueSkill: just battle everyone and get the practice in you wuss! Don't get some dumb feature to say "this guy's almost as good as you, now go beat the crap outta him!" If you fight someone weaker, it's target practice and if you fight someone harder it's a challenge! Don't only fight people the system tells you to!

and roflx2, you thought i was banned. man wheres shiftfallout... i wont bother with you guys much more after this, you arent worth the type.
    It's cuz it says "BANNED" under your name...or did you forget about that? And don't try to be bad@$$ with the keyboard.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    /sigh
    you obviously just dont like halo because you dont like microsoft.
    /Sigh, you're obviously assuming that I don't like Microsoft and therefore won't touch one of it's products. That assumption is wrong. I've tried Halo and didn't like it. Believe it or not, not everybody does! I suppose that's the point of this thread though, Popular/overrated games you don't like - if it wasn't popular, it wouldn't be on here.

/sighx2
    i already stated im not even planning on buying the third installment of the blasted game. its just easy to learn about and respect a game that is as big as halo.
    It's important to respect Halo? You and your assumptions...

...They're usually wrong...

but it also probably wont have something similar to trueskill, which matches you up to players with the most similar skill possible.
    Stop me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mario Kart DS have something like that? Setting you up against people of similar skill? If they put it in Mario Kart, I can't see why they cannot put it in Brawl.

man wheres shiftfallout... i wont bother with you guys much more after this, you arent worth the type.
    And why the heck ARE you here? To say "Halo is a not overrated"? Surely that's down to opinion, and no matter how you dress it up, that's all it will ever be, YOUR opinion. Heck, nobody else on this thread is trying to say anything beyond THEIR opinion.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    rofl. my assumptions are usually wrong.. trying to push my buttons now or something? the whole idea of me and my rants was because people say: i dont like halo cause its just another FPS and stuff of the sort. if you dont like it fine but dont call it a non-innovative just another FPS.
    and without voice chat, it feels like youre just playing a computer.

Member #
    Friends
    3347-5827-8593-7298
    Not rying to push your buttons, just stating facts

It's our OPINION that the game feels like it could be MUCH more innovative

Just like it's your OPINION that voicechat will make or break a game

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    rofl. my assumptions are usually wrong.. trying to push my buttons now or something? the whole idea of me and my rants was because people say: i dont like halo cause its just another FPS and stuff of the sort. if you dont like it fine but dont call it a non-innovative just another FPS.
    and without voice chat, it feels like youre just playing a computer.
    I didn't (and I don't think many others either) say that Halo's crap because it's "just another FPS". We were saying that we didn't think it deserved the hype it got. Re-read page 1 if you don't believe me.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads