+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff
    I don't disagree about any of the potentially disasterous effects of global warming......only the causes of them.
    Have you ever looked at a CO2 concentration in the Atmosphere VS Temperature curve? Yes the earth does have natural increases and decreases in temperature but the rate this change is happening today is anything but natural. How can this be though, if warming and cooling happens in a neat cyclic fashion as you make out? I'll tell you the answer global warming, which in its most basic form is caused via emission of CO2 to the atmosphere, which in turn traps more heat and warms the earth...... Thats a very simple explanation but you sound like an intelligent guy so I'm sure you've caught on

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles
    Have you ever looked at a CO2 concentration in the Atmosphere VS Temperature curve? Yes the earth does have natural increases and decreases in temperature but the rate this change is happening today is anything but natural. How can this be though, if warming and cooling happens in a neat cyclic fashion as you make out? I'll tell you the answer global warming, which in its most basic form is caused via emission of CO2 to the atmosphere, which in turn traps more heat and warms the earth...... Thats a very simple explanation but you sound like an intelligent guy so I'm sure you've caught on

Sorry to be pedantic but I never said that it was neat, just that it has been happenning for a while before we were here.......

That it has happened for hundreds of millions of years....... how does that make it the fault of humanity?

All living things produce CO2. Cows, trees, humans.....it is a byproduct of respiration.

Many natural cycles are self limiting. I see Global Warming / Cooling as an example of this.

Member #
    Friends
    this thread is retarded, so is the thread starter..as well as the people believing this
    i dont know if this has been said before but:
    the north pole is in GREENLAND, the earth is on a TILT, so its not directly on top of the world map like we all like to believe

as for global warming, whatever! as the postal service said:

Where concerns about the world getting warmer
    The people thought they were just being rewarded
    For treating others as they like to be treated
    For obeying stop signs and curing diseases
    For mailing letters with the address of the sender
    Now we can swim any day in November

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfatboy
    when humans eventually die, but planet earth is still in exisistence, what species will rule this planet? i say raptors will come back to life and rule! lol
    dont count on it, raptors are hardly what they are portrayed to be in movies. standing around 3 feet tall and bird-like features, they wouldnt be near the top of recycled species to take over, they are just a pawn in the dinorsaur ecosystem.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 08-16-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads