LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    10. Twisted Metal 2 (PSX) - Drive, shoot, napalm. I can't remember whether shooting the Statue of Liberty's clothes off or using the Gameshark to play as Minion was better.

9. Mario Kart 64 (N64) - In my opinion, the best of the series.

8. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX) - I love the Castlevania series. It was a tough pick, but SotN's equipment usage, excellent soundtrack, and the alluringly well animated Alucard is also tough to pass up.

7. Super Smash Bros. (N64) - It sounds ridiculous, but I can't count the number of times I've played a 99-stock-free-for-all-brawl with my brother. Or the number of times I've schooled with Link against friends.

6. NBA Jam (SNES) - In my opinion, the best sports game ever. That is a really strong opinion, but hearing "boomshakalaka" while jumping easily 20 feeting in the air to dunk as Scottie Pippen is just unbeatable.

5. Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES) - Probably the best early fighter ever. The fast paced action mixed with the unlimited amount of "Hadouken!" shouts never bores me.

4. Pokemon Red (GB) - I'm playing this at work right now. I played this YEARS ago. I can't help but feel old when I say, "I remember when there were only 151 of those Pokemon!" Well, except for Missingno....

3. Super Mario World (SNES) - This is the best Mario game ever. The big jump to the snes was super successful, and though it's tough to top SMB3, I always felt that this did it.

2. Star Ocean: The Second Story (PSX) - Ashton had friggin' dragons on his back! That's crazy-bad-ass! And the active, unending gameplay was too. The non-linear story kept me going for weeks, trying so desperately to have utilized every possible character, and achieving every possible ending (I failed miserably).

1. Final Fantasy VII (PSX) - The only RPG I knew that could top SO2 for me was FFVII. This is also the only storyline that's been able to pull any emotion from me. I've beaten it more times than I'd care to mention, and maxed out the timer every time. It has the best villain in it, the most bad-ass hero in it, and some of the greatest side-quests of any RPG (bar the card games from FFVII and IX).
    Not bad list. Although I would personally add a Mortal Kombat game, I'm a sucker for those.

Also, a Kingdom Hearts game (probably 2nd one) would be in my list.

And What about Goldeneye?! Surely that would have to be in there, even if Perfect Dark isn't!

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Your list, it bores me, there's not much depth going on to it at all and you're not persuading me to go out and buy any of those games. I write, and this is not how I would have presented this piece of information, summarise the game and then give your personal opinion.

And another thing, why should I respect your opinion? Are you high and mighty for some reason? Because I could just go out and write a list of my top 10 games as well, only I would get a lot more flaming for being bias to Nintendo, a lot.

You tell me about two lines from your titles, if you loved them so much, you could make an in depth review of them, you'd know every corner of the game, and for one you'd know exactly why you'd put them on your list.

And that avatar ain't earning you any intellect.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Eh, the only one I really agree with is FF. FF pwns all!
    Paintba||er's right you know

And Squall7's right too! KH series is great!

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Your list, it bores me, there's not much depth going on to it at all and you're not persuading me to go out and buy any of those games. I write, and this is not how I would have presented this piece of information, summarise the game and then give your personal opinion.

And another thing, why should I respect your opinion? Are you high and mighty for some reason? Because I could just go out and write a list of my top 10 games as well, only I would get a lot more flaming for being bias to Nintendo, a lot.

You tell me about two lines from your titles, if you loved them so much, you could make an in depth review of them, you'd know every corner of the game, and for one you'd know exactly why you'd put them on your list.

And that avatar ain't earning you any intellect.
    Aren't you being a bit harsh. First of all, he in no way said that this was definitive. He also did not say not to disagree with him. Then he did not say "You can't do your own".

And why does everyone need to be a review writer to say they like a game? Surely anybody on here would be able to tell you the jist of most of the games on his list.

And WTF about his avatar? I'm sorry but if an Avatar looks good, then good for them. If it doesn't So friggin what!

Geez...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Aren't you being a bit harsh. First of all, he in no way said that this was definitive. He also did not say not to disagree with him. Then he did not say "You can't do your own".

And why does everyone need to be a review writer to say they like a game? Surely anybody on here would be able to tell you the jist of most of the games on his list.

And WTF about his avatar? I'm sorry but if an Avatar looks good, then good for them. If it doesn't So friggin what!

Geez...
    I'm just saying that the list is a bit blunt, and one opinion in the world won't change anyone else's. The whole point of this piece, to me, would be to write something that would persuade people to want this amazing game. There needs to be a lot more language devices for that.

I think that this is taking the lounge too far, this means anyone could write their own lists on their favourite characters, items or even game scenery. It's just far too open of a topic, and I'd trust someone who is a professional when it comes to games, that's who I am and I liked things backed up.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    I'm just saying that the list is a bit blunt, and one opinion in the world won't change anyone else's. The whole point of this piece, to me, would be to write something that would persuade people to want this amazing game. There needs to be a lot more language devices for that.

I think that this is taking the lounge too far, this means anyone could write their own lists on their favourite characters, items or even game scenery. It's just far too open of a topic, and I'd trust someone who is a professional when it comes to games, that's who I am and I liked things backed up.
    It's only a blog, not a professional article by IGN or something. I wouldn't have expected expert analysis or superbly witty writing.

By the way, if you don't want to hear people's opinions, it probably wasn't a good idea to join an internet forum.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    I say it needs more Disgaea/Shining force 3/Guitar hero/Zelda/Streets of rage 2
    But then again I cant get mine down to ten

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads