5139-6750-7006-5371
    last weekend?

I got nothing...

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    Well it was hardly a head-butt, but that will be because he's a f*cking faggort. He deserved to get sent off though. It was at the weekend, he head-butted Richard Hughes of Portsmouth, I don't know why, probably because he likes men. I was looking for a video of it but I can't find one.
    ok no need to be an idiot. he didn't deserve to get sent off, seeing as how there was no contact or minimul at all, the reason he did it is because of Hughes holding onto him before the corner, which the reff could clearly see and did nothing about, it was a must win game for united, and we didn't win in the end, his heart was in the right place, just a shame the sport has gone to a place where an intention of bodily contact is practically a sending off.

are you supprised everton is at the top? they are a very strong team, and were in the runnings for the title in the first half last year as well.
    Last edited by Gaz; 08-19-2007 at 08:00 AM.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    i watch spl
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Bolton are bottom and playing terribly. Our attack and midfield are great, but our defense is diabolical. I miss Ben Haim.. and our set pieces, though some saw them as boring, at least they got us goals. I doubt the likes of Anelka will be around next season at this rate. And I hope Sammy Lee gets the sack ASAP.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Chelsea v Liverpool in about 20 minutes ^_^

C'mon Chelseaaaaaaaa!!!

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    1 - 0 Liverpool, CMON LIVERPOOL!!!

Can't believe Man U lost their match

...Liverpool should've won that, was definitely not a penalty.
    Last edited by Celestial; 08-19-2007 at 12:01 PM.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    ok no need to be an idiot. he didn't deserve to get sent off, seeing as how there was no contact or minimul at all, the reason he did it is because of Hughes holding onto him before the corner, which the reff could clearly see and did nothing about, it was a must win game for united, and we didn't win in the end, his heart was in the right place, just a shame the sport has gone to a place where an intention of bodily contact is practically a sending off.

are you supprised everton is at the top? they are a very strong team, and were in the runnings for the title in the first half last year as well.
    How am I being an idiot please? He did deserve to get sent off, you can't aim a head-butt at someone and not expect to be punished, regardless of how much or little contact there was. I would like you to show me a game where there is not one offence of a defender holding an attacker before a corner, AND where the referee takes action. Go on, just one. It happens week in week out, it happens in every level of football, from Sunday league to the World Cup final. I'm not saying its right, but it happens and nothing is done about it, so now you just have to get on with it. How can you possibly say that, a player who aims a head-butt at another professional, "his heart was in the right place"? I'd like to see what he'd do if his heart was in the wrong place. "...an intention of bodily contact is practically a sending off." Erm, well yeah, if Cristiano Ronaldo, for example, ran up full speed to Hughes, tensed his right aim with all his might, and attempted a enormous clothesline that would take Hughes' head off, however, Hughes ducked at the last second, should Cristiano Ronaldo be sent off? Well according to you he shouldn't, he intended bodily contact didn't he, but he didn't connect, therefore its perfectly fine. Erm. No.

Everton are not a "very strong team". In all fairness they're a good side who manage to grind out results. Without Arteta they'd be awful.

I am not even going to begin to comment on the Liverpool game, other than congratulations Nando, what a goal and there'll be plenty more where that came from. In fact yes I am, but I will control myself because I'll probably get banned or something for foul and abusive language. That penalty decision was one of the worst decisions I have EVER seen in the history of me watching the game. Rob styles had a dire game, dire - he didn't just give an absolutely shocking decision, he booked Essien twice and didn't send him off, but claimed the second yellow card was aimed at Terry, even though he had already shown Terry his yellow card 30 seconds earlier. He simply had a poor game of refereeing, including some lack of basic decisions, such as the Chelsea wall moving closer to the ball before the free kick was struck. This awful, awful display of refereeing was also on the back of another poor display when Man Utd played Reading on the opening day, when he sent Kitson off. Di-a-BOLICAL.
    Last edited by Lewi T; 08-19-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    in teh spl:

celtic prove why they are champions

come back from 1-0 to win 3-1
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    How am I being an idiot please? He did deserve to get sent off, you can't aim a head-butt at someone and not expect to be punished, regardless of how much or little contact there was. I would like you to show me a game where there is not one offence of a defender holding an attacker before a corner, AND where the referee takes action. Go on, just one. It happens week in week out, it happens in every level of football, from Sunday league to the World Cup final. I'm not saying its right, but it happens and nothing is done about it, so now you just have to get on with it. How can you possibly say that, a player who aims a head-butt at another professional, "his heart was in the right place"? I'd like to see what he'd do if his heart was in the wrong place. "...an intention of bodily contact is practically a sending off." Erm, well yeah, if Cristiano Ronaldo, for example, ran up full speed to Hughes, tensed his right aim with all his might, and attempted a enormous clothesline that would take Hughes' head off, however, Hughes ducked at the last second, should Cristiano Ronaldo be sent off? Well according to you he shouldn't, he intended bodily contact didn't he, but he didn't connect, therefore its perfectly fine. Erm. No.

Everton are not a "very strong team". In all fairness they're a good side who manage to grind out results. Without Arteta they'd be awful.
    i don't agree with what he did, and nore does anyone, it was right to send him off, you got to remember that all players do stupid things, and get sent off, players with pressure on there shoulders tend to make mistakes more, he is only young and there is no need to talk about him like he is stephen hunt.

Without arteta they would still be a good team, Arteta is a good player, but they have others who are underated and not often in the limelight. They work well as a team, and that is what is important, day in day out in the premiship the teams that work well together get the solid results, unlike some teams with the bigger names, clubs such as united, chelsea, aresenal and liverpool are the big guns fighting it out for the title, the little guns solid performance is what counts for them, in there 'league' they are very good and at the top of there game.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    i don't agree with what he did, and nore does anyone, it was right to send him off, you got to remember that all players do stupid things, and get sent off, players with pressure on there shoulders tend to make mistakes more, he is only young and there is no need to talk about him like he is stephen hunt.

Without arteta they would still be a good team, Arteta is a good player, but they have others who are underated and not often in the limelight. They work well as a team, and that is what is important, day in day out in the premiship the teams that work well together get the solid results, unlike some teams with the bigger names, clubs such as united, chelsea, aresenal and liverpool are the big guns fighting it out for the title, the little guns solid performance is what counts for them, in there 'league' they are very good and at the top of there game.
    What do you mean "talk about him like he is stephen hunt"?
    Not all players do stupid things, he has a problem of not liking it when he isn't getting what he wants, which is very unprofessional and I don't care how old he is, it's not like he's playing on the school yard. Yeah I agree players with pressure on their shoulders tend to make mistakes more, but that wasn't a mistake, that was just an act of complete violence, he knew exactly what he was doing and thought he'd get away with it. Cristiano Ronaldo is an arrogant cheat and that's all there is to it.

Without Arteta they'd be a very average team. I fail to see where enough creativity would come from if it wasn't for him. Most teams, particularly this season, are working well as a team, very much including the 'big four' (although Man Utd don't seem to be doing that much this season). So it will be interesting to see the positions of the middle tier of the Premiership come May. Everton have done well in previous seasons because they manage to grind out 1-0 wins, more so than other teams around their position.

Ads