Diamond FC:4381-8711-1331 user name: Mazen
    mario kart FC:421014-931562
    click on the GREEN MUSHROOM if you think i help you or you like GIR

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjake52
    Um do you not have a mac no bugs better apps (most) A better ram user. than windows
    I do not have one personally, but my school insists on them. Apparently old-school macs are cheaper than old school PC's

Linux is the ultimate RAM efficiency user. Hm...never seen anyone running osx on a live cd or usb drive. XP with SP1 & 2 is just fine.

When you say "bugs" you mean security threats. Again, linux. Open source also helps when problems DO arise. Better apps? Music, video editing. That's it. Anything else is available for Windows or open-source. (IE, apophysis, GIMP)

i like macs more, i record music and it allows me to do a lot more on a mac than a pc. a mac is a more user friendly creative computer and a pc is cheaper standard universal computer.
    yeah, music editing. Yay!

And when mac users say "more user friendly", I say "if you don't understand computers, get a mac" and then they get all pissy.... weird circle...

I wouldn't say PC's are universal. On the contrary, mac's are much more cookie cutter computers. It is the un-universalness that makes PC's better for power users.

@ the OP. I agree with NB...get a 360 elite or something.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, i dont get computers to well and a mac allows me to do the things i need to do without giving me a headache like a pc would. I'm a console gamer so, i dont use a pc for gaming. i use my mac for video editing, music engineering/producing, and just surfing the web and stuff. also brawny do you play c&c 3, i might get it, i see the one dude in ur sig.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    lol, no...I'm planning on buying it when I upgrade my computer though. I'd recommend it.

Okay, if you get the mini, make sure you at least add some ram to the paltry 512 or whatever offered. The video also sucks hard on that thing. And you have to factor in the monitor in your pricing. As well as keyboard/mouse.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I would get the Mini, I love mine. A PC with Linux is also a great choice, but keep in mind that you can run Linux (or any other OS that you could run on a PC) on a Mac too. OS X can't be (legally or easily) run on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    lol, no...I'm planning on buying it when I upgrade my computer though. I'd recommend it.

Okay, if you get the mini, make sure you at least add some ram to the paltry 512 or whatever offered. The video also sucks hard on that thing. And you have to factor in the monitor in your pricing. As well as keyboard/mouse.
    Actually they recently made the default amount of RAM to 1GB when they upgraded to Core 2 Duo processors. (they used to have Core Duos) He is going to use his TV for a monitor so that doesn't matter. And yes the graphics card sucks, but it shouldn't be too big of a problem unless you are trying to game on it. (if you are then you are an idiot)
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I find linux has an easier learning curve than OSx actually.....

Why not buy a full desktop? should be cheaper than the mini.

Member #
    Friends
    6390-2874-0535-4544
    I'd get the Mac Mini.
    Just because you'd get a lot more use out of it.
    And OS X Version 5 is gonna be really awesome.

Well do you?

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by My god the Wii owns...
    No, silly little assuming boy, the monitor size. The size of the screen, if you will. I can just pick up a nice 4" upgrade on my monitor whenever I want. Good luck doing that with a Mac.

You can run anything on a PC. By the way, a Mac is a PC. Just a limited one with a solid price tag.
    So if a Mac is a PC, why can't you get a nice 4" upgrade on your monitor whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I find linux has an easier learning curve than OSx actually.....
    that is the most funnist thing i have heard EVER!!!
    Last edited by Gaz; 09-05-2007 at 05:29 AM.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz
    So if a Mac is a PC, why can't you get a nice 4" upgrade on your monitor whenever you want.
    A pc is just a computer designed to be used by a small group of individuals, so actually a Mac does fit the definition of "personal computer".

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Uh....certain distros of linux are catered to new users. My grandma is running Ubuntu on some computer I picked up for 50 dollars. She can run it just fine for what she uses it for. She tried out a mac, but didn't like it.

Don't ask me why.....

Ads