LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Lol well...I have a completely different perspective on music then you guys... I can be labeled as punk i suppose. i listen to bands such as Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Avenged SevenFold, and NickelBack.

Im actually very young and i think that age has a lot to do with music as well... im gonna assume that the above posters are at least 15-18 and are used to a completely different form of music. As for myself, I'm 12.

I heard the music that i listen to mainly from my friends. Not at all media based (but of course im sure my friends found their music from the media although).

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    And no one has mentioned how shows like Pop Idol and X Factor are polluting music? C'mon these TV shows are dangerous to the health of music.

The only thing I'm glad of when it comes to the UK music scene at the moment is that Boy/Girl Groups are finally melting away out of existence... unfortunatley they seem to arrange a come back tour whenever the money runs out.

Now if Acid Jazz would make a come back, I think I'd be happy for a while.

Gaz
    Member #
    Friends
    2042-8451-0487-7303
    Quote Originally Posted by milliways
    And no one has mentioned how shows like Pop Idol and X Factor are polluting music? C'mon these TV shows are dangerous to the health of music.
    <_< they are pure humour, and then sometimes you get an amazing singer.
    the people that are in it, and then in the charts for like 2 weeks, then there no more.
    Mac Expert.

Member #
    Friends
    But people still buy their damn awful music...

As someone who went to school with Fame Academy's Alex Parks; shows like this are bad for music. She worked so much better when she was lead vocals in a band, rather than as a solo artist.

Member #
    Friends
    It is something that the folks I listened to growing up (I am 40something) are still going strong today (Rush, Genesis, Springsteen, even the Stones). I seriously wonder if anyone will be attending the Nickleback 30th year tour...

Its not that the music isn't good, but its more of a product to be marketed than music to be appreciated. Does anyone think that a 20+ minute song like Rush's 2112 would have a chance these days? Nope, its just quickie catch phrases that cater to what used to be called the MTV attention span (back when MTV actually had music).

American Idol is quite a cultural phenomenon as it has spawned some of the most successful acts around today (Clarkson, Underwood, Daughtry, etc). They have talent, but give it a few more years to see if they are still around.

...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm not going to lie; I don't feel I'm old enough to compare the state of the music industry now to anything else. I've only truly known this music industry, so I'm used to the garbage pop bands stopping in to MTV for their share of cash, and stepping out for the next crappy band. I like the music that I like, and as long as there is music for me to enjoy, I think the music industry is doing just fine. Music services like iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster, etc. have made paying for music more appealing than downloading it illegally. The fact of the matter is, music will always be alive. So I'm not worrying about the state of music any time soon.

Member #
    Friends
    i don't know if it's just the people i'm around, but it seems like now that the internet is more common than the newspaper, there isn't any ONE band that people like/know/listen to. almost everyone i know is a big fan of at least one band that not very many people know of. sometimes people just say they like unpopular bands because they're so anti-pop, though. but my point is that music seems more "spread out" because of so many different tastes. we don't really have a certain band or type of music that defines this era... maybe in ten years i'll think differently, but as of right now, i can't think of a current band that has "revolutionized" music...

well, maybe radiohead, but they were really 90's.

i also agree with sovieto about the type of music you listen to defines your personality/friends/appearance more than it should. but i think it's always done that.
    strikers code: 463963 306368

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    There havent been a lot of well written, hits, becuase we have been plagued unfortunately with rap. Don't stray from the real music. Rock is the only kind that will survive the longest.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    People don't like the mainstream music because their hasn't been a defined hit that everyone listens to; The Beatles, Stones, CCR. I still say it's because of the diversity of music. If you listen to T-Pain, you're not gonna like the Bravery or even guys like Akon who kinda stem from rap(r&b but whatever), just like if you like queens of the stone age you're not gonna like the pop stuff Plain White Tees have. There are a lot of dif genres of music, but people are very narrow minded, which causes them to only like their small portion of mainstream music, if any (classic rock fans hate everything,NOWDAYS although Wolfmother, Jet, and plenty of other indie bands exist.)
    Last edited by LeWaffles; 08-31-2007 at 04:34 PM.

formerly known as wii-fi

Wii fan Boy till the end Bigjake52's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3449-8056-9185-4637
    I think the hip hop and the rap is crap!!!! Some many students (kids) in my school are talking like they are from a another planet. this is what one told me (we are from the hood) I thought he said we are from the same hoodie What does hood mean. i don,t even know this idiot. and then some kid called me a dog? WTF and some other kid called me a homie. A home? WOW WTF It is the F*** Rap and hip hop. I looked at that boogie. All of the songs are crap. They even have a song from the black eyed peas. Black peas that have eyes ? WTF
    We Would like to Update

Ads