+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    This got me thinking: things have improved, but will there always be some discrimination to any difference in people?

Here we're using sexual orientation as an example, and in the Britain thread we're using race. It's not only on these "larger" differences, though. For example, people with red hair still get a few loose insults shot at them at my school.

Human tolerance of difference is a strange topic.
    Unfortunately, I believe so, there are some groups that are essentially pre-wired to hate, and to break would take decades if not centuries to break, IMO.

I understand there are more than just the "big" issues to deal with, the smaller ones just don't get the attention the larger problems do. Generally ignorance is the root of it, and if we can educate then we can solve the problem, the only issue is just that, educating them. I know most will not want to listen because of their ignorance, but we have to try right?

Not so much strange, there are just so many different views and opinions that it is difficult to combat it all with one plan of attack. (If that makes sense)

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    This got me thinking: things have improved, but will there always be some discrimination to any difference in people?

Here we're using sexual orientation as an example, and in the Britain thread we're using race. It's not only on these "larger" differences, though. For example, people with red hair still get a few loose insults shot at them at my school.

Human tolerance of difference is a strange topic.
    I think it depends. Atm, hatred is something that can be passed down from parent to child. It's also a case of bullying through difference. You will get bullies no matter where you are, inner-city or small village schools. Theres always something people pick on, hair colour, surname, glasses, race, sexual orientation, size etc... What we have to do is make sure the cycle gets broken, the victim doesn't become the villain. It's strangely similar with sexual abuse victims, Chris Langham for example.

Breaking the cycle can only be done (imho) through understanding (not just councilling), explaining that what was done to them was wrong, and that they have to make sure they don't do it to anyone else.

Easier said than done. The other alternative is a Clockwork Orange style programming with American History X, My Beautiful Laundrette and This Is England...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads