+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The "Good" Life

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
    You want an easy job that doesnt require much? Look into an accountant. Basically only 4 months out of the year are you REALLY working.

I believe i said college
    So the numbers they quote are just blatant lies?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny View Post
    So the numbers they quote are just blatant lies?
    Listen, im telling you from experience, not numbers. If you cant sit on that then i dont know what to tell you. If you dont want to to listen then dont, simple as that.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    You want a easy job
    A seller of things people want

*Sits back*
    £20 for four games that cost a quid years ago
    Not bad

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    In some cases, of course they're lies.
    Would you really put it past an educational institution, for example, that claims to have "latest industry standard" software, but was running Photoshop 7 until I brought in a pirated copy of Photoshop CS2 and shared it with the class...would you really put it past them to lie? This same educational institution that promised every student an enriching internship, but instead of sending me out into the real world, they used me to design a new set of promotional materials for THEM as an "internship" because I was so good? Yeah, no, I can't possibly imagine a school lying about statistics.

He means most fields coming from a non "practical" (meaning non-science/math/trades etc) standpoint, like I stated earlier. Political science, philosophy, history, sociology, liberal arts, visual arts, performing arts, etc etc...it's much harder to achieve jobs in these fields. Especially having gone to a high school for the performing/visual arts, I've seen this time and time again. One girl who got her honors B.Mus and even won the concerto award...working at a Walgreens-type place. Girl who got a degree in theater...working at the same clothing store I used to. D:

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    He means most fields coming from a non "practical" (meaning non-science/math/trades etc) standpoint, like I stated earlier. Political science, philosophy, history, sociology, liberal arts, visual arts, performing arts, etc etc...it's much harder to achieve jobs in these fields. Especially having gone to a high school for the performing/visual arts, I've seen this time and time again. One girl who got her honors B.Mus and even won the concerto award...working at a Walgreens-type place. Girl who got a degree in theater...working at the same clothing store I used to. D:
    This is what I thought he meant, but then he said he meant all fields, so...yeah. Okay.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Out of everyone i went to college with, none of us are currently in the field we wanted. All of us went to school for graphic design and animation, but couldnt find jobs in that field. Most people dont find jobs in the field they study while in college, those that do are pretty lucky.
    This makes me sad ;_;

Member #
    Friends
    0120-6723-8776-4093
    Either some find it to be a complete waste of 4 years, or opt out of what there original plan was and settle for something else.
    xD
    That's why I'm going to school for 6 weeks. If I don't do it as a career, It'll only be 6 weeks spent in school (damn expensive school too... $6,000).
    If I do it as a career, then I'll have only spent a few weeks schooling for it.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Very interesting comments one the thread I revived accidentally here lol =P
    I'll have to post some other time when I have time though on my thoughts.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Remove Ads

Ads