LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Freestyler Brownies14's Avatar
    Member #
    31756
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    1,040
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    is Ad-Adware 2007 good? (im using a laptop)
    Also ive been using AVG for quite a while and every days I do a full scan and i feel like I have many virsues or threats although its not detecting anything, it always says 0.
    Last edited by Brownies14; 09-22-2007 at 08:59 AM.

    I got nothing...


  2. #22
    KryKidd Pikachu256's Avatar
    Member #
    28122
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Avondale, Arizona
    Posts
    788
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    don't worry if you didn't go on any nasty websites, you most likely won't get any viruses.

    but for anti spyware I would recommend

    Spybot http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...l?tag=toprated

    Spyware Blaster
    http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...l?tag=toprated

    or Yahoo AntiSpyware
    [For Firefox] http://toolbar.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=cmty


    Firefox has a built in Pop up blocker and if you downloaded the Ad Block Plus you won't need Ad-Aware
    KryKidd


  3. #23
    JT.
    JT. is offline
    A glitch in life JT.'s Avatar
    Member #
    21880
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    638
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    How can you not like the looks of a Mac o.0
    So you chose a toshiba. can't help you then. Me a Mac user 2.

    If you had gotten a Mac, you wouldn't have your current problem. No anti-virus programs and such needed for a mac.

    Signature under construction



    "Life's a game", and I lost the manual...


  4. #24
    Freestyler Brownies14's Avatar
    Member #
    31756
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    1,040
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    How can you not like the looks of a Mac o.0
    So you chose a toshiba. can't help you then. Me a Mac user 2.

    If you had gotten a Mac, you wouldn't have your current problem. No anti-virus programs and such needed for a mac.
    ..... Yea, dude...viruses crash on their own in Mac and you want be able to take it out besides windows programs better for me. =)

    I got nothing...


  5. #25
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Get firefox and download ad block plus for it, before I do it for you

    I myself am using a ADVENT 7109 which is running XP.

    AvG is fine but for the best protection buy a retailed one.

  6. #26
    Anglophobiphile Brawny's Avatar
    Member #
    8228
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA
    Posts
    6,546
    Friends
    24
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Eh...for all you mac lovers....he had a thread on this.. @ Lovewii....did you even use that list of machines I gave you?

    also, free ones work just fine.

    I'd recommend Avast! or AVG for anti-virus

    Zone-Alarm for Firewall

    Spybot search and destroy for Anti-spyware

    utorrent for downloads

    Don't look at porn or roms

    CPU-z for system info

    Winrar for extracting

    Winamp or *gasp* WMP for media. Itunes for windows still sucks.

    As mentioned: FF with AB+, noscript

    OpenOffice for all business applications

    Gimp for graphics

    and Quicktime Alternative

  7. #27
    Freestyler Brownies14's Avatar
    Member #
    31756
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    1,040
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    Eh...for all you mac lovers....he had a thread on this.. @ Lovewii....did you even use that list of machines I gave you?

    also, free ones work just fine.

    I'd recommend Avast! or AVG for anti-virus

    Zone-Alarm for Firewall

    Spybot search and destroy for Anti-spyware

    utorrent for downloads

    Don't look at porn or roms

    CPU-z for system info

    Winrar for extracting

    Winamp or *gasp* WMP for media. Itunes for windows still sucks.

    As mentioned: FF with AB+, noscript

    OpenOffice for all business applications

    Gimp for graphics

    and Quicktime Alternative
    I had bitTorrent and download few games from it and i got so many viruses for some reason though my friend told me it was really good and has no viruses on it, and how is Itunes bad for windows? I think it's pretty good... I got AvG and I think I have viruses though AvG aren't catching them... And i have Winrar I love it for extracting zip files...so easy! And what's Gimp?

    I got nothing...


  8. #28
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by LoVeWiI
    I had bitTorrent and download few games from it and i got so many viruses for some reason though my friend told me it was really good and has no viruses on it, and how is Itunes bad for windows? I think it's pretty good... I got AvG and I think I have viruses though AvG aren't catching them... And i have Winrar I love it for extracting zip files...so easy! And what's Gimp?
    graphic image manipulation program

    something like that.

    It is similar to photoshop, that type of thing.

  9. #29
    Freestyler Brownies14's Avatar
    Member #
    31756
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    1,040
    Friends
    17
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    graphic image manipulation program

    something like that.

    It is similar to photoshop, that type of thing.
    Oh, ok thanks. I got Ad-Block Plus. Any other extensions I should install?

    I got nothing...


  10. #30
    Super Ninjarator Foxy's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    20731
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,700
    Friends
    22
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by LoVeWiI
    Oh, ok thanks. I got Ad-Block Plus. Any other extensions I should install?
    Yes, I would consider a dictionary extension, it really helps.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts