LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Dollar

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    yeah..kinda a bit..you know..off topic to be talking about War, but the tread is about American Dollar being the same as Canada...Which is totally awesome by the way xD but yeah..dunno just saying it...wtv continue you're talk xD
    Can You See Me In The Dark, When The Demons Attack You?

Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend code : 1976-9829-4116

Member #
    Friends
    CANADA! Wait who benifits from this...Canadians right? I'll just suspect!

I'm canadian!

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Yes Canadians do benefit from this. Thus the point of this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    6441-5121-0460-7586
    Hopefully this will be a wake up call and the two countries can start to open up trade on more equitable terms.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Yes Canadians do benefit from this. Thus the point of this thread.
    How? I'm not good with the whole money thing... Like will our stuff be cheaper..or What?

thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

Member #
    Friends
    I have 3 things to add:

1) The US would probably go to war since its dollar is declining since war creates jobs for people and helps (most of the time) the countries economy (as long as there is minimal damge to the country). You can't deny this since it happened after WWI and WWII. People had plenty of money to spend after those wars, in the US anyways. Iraq was supposed to help the US economy but it was an obvious failure (probably the reason troops are being pulled out) Civil war is possible too since people don't like being poor because their gov't is retarded.

2) People aren't really scared of the US, the US just happens to be the trading capital of the world. ie: if a country pisses off the US, their economy would greatly suffer

3) High canadian dollar also means its more expensive to buy things like cars and houses. I'm finally old enough to drive and now cars are more expensive then ever (not to mention gas). Houses on averge have TRIPLED in value over the past 10 years!!! (atleast in vancouver, which is where i live. averge person already spending 60% of earnings on mortgages, anything over 55% means you're poor)

It's not neccisarily a good thing that the lonnie is going up,

Didin't mean to be a downer, but ya... that's how it is...

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Regarding your first point.

I'm pretty that there wont be a Civil War taking place anytime soon in the US. Considering the fact that it was the US people who voted for Bush in the first place they can be held partially accusable. Moving onto your point about war.. The US has recently announced that it is planning to go to war with Iran. However this is solely due to the fact that the US feels that Iran is currently a threat to America due to its possession of weapons of mass destrucion. Even though the US may benefit if they were to go to war and supposibly win their main purpose, as I see it, is to eliminate any country which it finds to be a threat to them.

Regarding your third point:

With the increase of the Canadian dollar we have seen that the minimum wages has now increased here in Vancouver, BC from approximately 6.50 to 8.95. However I'm slightly uncertain if that above point is due to the increase in the CNDN dollar alone. Also as Desperado mentioned Canada can now expect to seek equal trades with countries such as the US due to the increase of the dollar.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    really? i wonder if minimum wage will jump that far in ontario, it's currently 7.75, and i get paid 8.25......

and to whom ever said that war would make the us money like the previous 2 world wars............this time people have nukes and more dangerous weapons, another world war would be an extinction to the human race

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hmm... The Australian dollar is getting closer too. Still a way of, but the gap is slowly closing.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    Regarding your first point.

I'm pretty that there wont be a Civil War taking place anytime soon in the US. Considering the fact that it was the US people who voted for Bush in the first place they can be held partially accusable. Moving onto your point about war.. The US has recently announced that it is planning to go to war with Iran. However this is solely due to the fact that the US feels that Iran is currently a threat to America due to its possession of weapons of mass destrucion. Even though the US may benefit if they were to go to war and supposibly win their main purpose, as I see it, is to eliminate any country which it finds to be a threat to them.

Regarding your third point:

With the increase of the Canadian dollar we have seen that the minimum wages has now increased here in Vancouver, BC from approximately 6.50 to 8.95. However I'm slightly uncertain if that above point is due to the increase in the CNDN dollar alone. Also as Desperado mentioned Canada can now expect to seek equal trades with countries such as the US due to the increase of the dollar.
    It wasn't actually the majority of the US who voted for Bush, The democrats atcually got over 50% of the votes(by population), but because of the way the system was setup, whichever party gets the most seats gets to choose the president so it wasn't the American people, but the politicians who voted for the president.

Next, the US has never had solid evidence of any weapons of mass destruction, just "reliable" intel. And the US can't do whatever they want, the UN has to approve or the US could be (or is at least is supposed to be) sanctioned. Plus, hunches about weapons of mass destruction are NOT the sole reason for the US to go to war. Not once in history has a country gone to war just over the safety of the people. There have always been other reasons.

The Canadian dollar isn't actually increasing, the US dollar just happens to be dropping and since USDs are what most people use to convert money, it just looks like it's increasing. That's why nothing much will change, unless it's from the US.
    Last edited by DaWgX; 09-21-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads