Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Dollar

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Great time for me to get some dollars for my trips next year too, the rate is like almost two dollars for every pound =] woot =]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWgX
    I have 3 things to add:

1) The US would probably go to war since its dollar is declining since war creates jobs for people and helps (most of the time) the countries economy (as long as there is minimal damge to the country). You can't deny this since it happened after WWI and WWII. People had plenty of money to spend after those wars, in the US anyways. Iraq was supposed to help the US economy but it was an obvious failure (probably the reason troops are being pulled out) Civil war is possible too since people don't like being poor because their gov't is retarded.

2) People aren't really scared of the US, the US just happens to be the trading capital of the world. ie: if a country pisses off the US, their economy would greatly suffer

3) High canadian dollar also means its more expensive to buy things like cars and houses. I'm finally old enough to drive and now cars are more expensive then ever (not to mention gas). Houses on averge have TRIPLED in value over the past 10 years!!! (atleast in vancouver, which is where i live. averge person already spending 60% of earnings on mortgages, anything over 55% means you're poor)

It's not neccisarily a good thing that the lonnie is going up,

Didin't mean to be a downer, but ya... that's how it is...
    The high Canadian dollar actually means it's cheaper for us to buy items. It's more expensive for us to export our goods to other countries. The manufacturing sector of Canada will be hit hard (particularily the car manufacturing), but as far as consumers go, it's cheaper for us to buy items. It will take a little bit of time for bigger ticket items to reduce in price.

I can see your point, but you have to realize, Vancouver is completely different. The reason why your prices and in general, western Canada prices are higher, is because of the all the people moving out there for the work. If everyone is making $30 dollars an hour, and there's limited space for people to live, prices are naturally going to go way up. But this has been going on for a couple years now in western Canada.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    $2 is £1 indeed. I hate that, that everything is more money here in the UK, but I suppose we have our reasons and whatnot.

My friend went to America in the holidays and bargained herself to death, manga book are so cheap there, whilst I have to pay £7... Meaning $14...
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    FIrst of all, I'm pretty sure Canada hasn't actually manufactured any cars since the mid-90's, since mulrooney got the free trade thing going with the US. Secondly, like i sadi before, the increase in the dollar has more to do with the US dollar has going down than the canadain dollar increasing. That's why it willl be cheaper to get goods from the US, but Made in America stuff Sucks. The canadian dollar has gone up, but not really enough to noticably drop prices on anything.

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    even tho the dollar is the same, game retailers are still taking advantage of u canadians, the price for canadian games is so much higher then amrican games

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    I know..thats what's sucks...i wish they could make it the same...actually they possibly will..hopefully
    Can You See Me In The Dark, When The Demons Attack You?

Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend code : 1976-9829-4116

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Let's clear a couple things up, then I shall proceed to kill myself.

Do not comment on the United States government procedure when you live in effin' Canada. In return, I shall not attempt to comment on the Canadian culture and subsequently look foolish. The Republicans did NOT elect Bush, it's called the Electoral College idiot.

Money will not cause a civil war...you people are crazy... The lower buying power of the American dollar attracts more foreigners and traders to come to the states. Theoretically, it should all even itself out after this housing market issue gets fixed, through congress initiated inflation or something else, I don't know.

Iraq was supposed to help the US economy but it was an obvious failure (probably the reason troops are being pulled out)
    LOL! The Iraq war was started in 2004...after the US economy had already pretty much picked it self back up from 2001.... And troops aren't being pulled out when compared to pre-december 06 (pre-surge plans).

Member #
    Friends
    6441-5121-0460-7586
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWgX
    1) The US would probably go to war since its dollar is declining since war creates jobs for people and helps (most of the time) the countries economy (as long as there is minimal damge to the country). You can't deny this since it happened after WWI and WWII. People had plenty of money to spend after those wars, in the US anyways. Iraq was supposed to help the US economy but it was an obvious failure (probably the reason troops are being pulled out) Civil war is possible too since people don't like being poor because their gov't is retarded.
    Wars are not what you rely on when your economy is weak. Yes, there are some "benefits" for a country's economy when war does break out, but this in this day and age they are drastically lower. A lot of the manufacturing is done by robots, unlike the way it was done during the WWI and WWII era. Also, the benefits are temporary and don't necessarily go into the private sector (which has the highest purchasing power of all the sectors in an economy).

Another thing, the reason that the US went to war with Iraq was because at the time it was believed Saddam Hussein was trying to acquire weapons grade nuclear material and continuing development of chemical and biological weapons. Later, when it was discovered this was not the case, the purpose shifted to releasing the Iraqis from his tyranny. Your conspiracy theory is entertaining, but you should leave it in your circle of friends while you guys put your tin foil hats on.

Member #
    Friends
    Damn, I just got zinged

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Why is it that everyone from Canada does not like the USA. From my knowledge we are the only remaining super power in the world

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads