LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i was kind of like Syntax was when it comes to high school. i slid by with low grades and poor test scores. when i would study for a test i would usually get the "screw this" attitude and just go and watch TV or something. however now that im in college i realize i cant be going down this same path. i have to apply myself. school is one of the most important thing in ones life. if you dont do well and apply yourself then it will most likely be hard in the future.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    I'd say I'm average I do all the homework but I never study except for in math. All my grades are Bs-A's in latin I have 130%. Algebra 2 is getting hard so now im trying a lot harder than normal school is so important. Oh and now my parents can go on the internet and check my grades :/ so I cant go to my mailbox and get my report card if I do bad.
    Pokemon FC: 2535 0616 1267
    Name: Brady
    Mario Kart: 128933 989446
    Gamertag: Vasichek

A random quote: A hero is no braver than an
    ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
    longer.

Member #
    Friends
    i dont care what i get cause what i usually get with any effort is As or Bs.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    Example: Taking the "suicide three" - the three hardest courses my school offers (Higher Level Maths, Higher Level Physics and Higher Level Chemistry).
    I do those subjects to! I generally work hard and it pays off. My friends do the same subjects as me and I find it great to have that competition to drive me to higher grades. It seems that the hard work has paid off as it seems I'll be able to breeze into uni early next year studying Engineering and Science. I like being at the top and I find the Chemistry and Physics enjoyable anyway which is a further incentive to study.

Member #
    Friends
    well im lazy, lazy enough to not put any effort into this post. you can say i am an under achiever(hey atleast i am honest) unlike most of you guys.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I am an under-achiever, sad to say. I guess I just grew to dislike school more and more as I was pushed to reach my Mom's expectations. She has a Masters degree and has been teaching for 28 years now and she won't admit it but I believe she expects the same from me. I'm content with my overall gpa in high school at 3.25, never was a straight A student, but most likely could have been if I had applied myself. Essentially I'm ok with being average, but like LIK said this is an "over achieving" society and I think that my attitude is looked down upon. I guess it can be summed up as me being lazy, but I really can't say that I am motivated to be an over-achiever when it comes to school. Sorry for the long winded post.

Member #
    Friends
    I did extremely well in school, always getting an A* or an A on all of my coursework pieces. I even received the Upper Class School Prize for Science. After that, when I entered college, the praise and high grades that I had received in school made me big-headed.
    I did really badly at first (in college), and then came to realise that there are others who can achieve grades as well as you or even better than you. That understanding is probably the reason that I am in University today, with grades that can help me go a long way.
    I apologise if the above section came out as boastful.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    Example: Taking the "suicide three" - the three hardest courses my school offers (Higher Level Maths, Higher Level Physics and Higher Level Chemistry).
    That's exactly what I did (more precisely, I took their UK A-level equivalents). But the thing is, I didn't consider them to be the hardest. I had a harder time with the likes of business and art. I enjoyed physics and maths the most, so now I'm doing an astrophysics course at university. I've stopped trying as hard as I did back in school, not to the point of failing, but not quite as good as before. Overall I'd consider myself to be average.

I never add friend codes.

@ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm an over achiever. I'd hate to be average.

I like to look down on people, if they're scumbag little chavs.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    ...Ahaha... You're all hard on yourself attacking your threshold of what an under and an over achiever actually is. I don't know what the boundaries are, but judging on my mind I would say that... I'm neither.

I'm not an under achiever, I believe I can sail through things with the art of waffling and basic knowledge, which some people still lack these days. Passing tests are easy, I just got the grades that I needed to stay in the highest classes, an that was pretty easy. Average, eh, no, I did what I had to do to remain a high average that I found satisfactory.

I've had the "I don't care about this" attitude for many years of my school career, that's when I realised I didn't need the highest grades to do something good, I just had to kick it into gear when it is needed. I suppose it was because I've always hated being the oldest child, I had to teach people rather than being taught, my teachers ways of explaining things just did not go through to my head sometimes. I'd seek help but they all had the same ways of teachings, so I just gave up and started to look for help online, which isn't that great for maths.

I struggled with maths a lot of the time, I asked questions and my teacher would still be lazy enough to say to me that i had to move and sit next to the snobbish girl that knew everything, and she was too busy talking to her friends rather than explaining things to me, I just wanted to get away from her. Me and my maths teacher never saw eye to eye, I would always question her ways of teaching, and many other things, she prefers to teach the kids already with understanding and just throw the others into a pit of failure.

I got a B this year in maths, to which I was ecstatic to receive. My maths teacher expected everyone to get A's in her class, but a lot of them got C's. I hurried past her and she'd say; "What did you get in your maths?" and I jumped up in the air with my reasults papers and said "I GOT A FREAKING B!" with a fairly large grin on my face, and all she had to say was "So you didn't get an A? You should have tried harder." Me, not wanting a career in the subject, couldn't care less, I was happy with that.

One time she gave us a test where none of our class understood, seriously, the test was marked out of 100, a couple of people got 0, the highest score was 16. I got 6. When she put the results on the interactive board she looked at us and said;

"Now, what does that say about your effort? None of you are pulling your weight at all. I am ashamed of you. What does that say about your slacking?"
    "What does that say about your teaching methods?" is what I said, she heard me, and we have never had a conversation that hasn't been spiteful of her since. But, now she's gone, woo!

I have taken the subjects that I performed best in at college, I still can't figure out why I had to learn science, at all. That just blocked my mind from important things and wasted my time on the subjects I actually wanted to do well in. I have the attitude that if you put your mind to it, you can probably achieve it, but there's some things I just didn't want to do.

Competition, I love, but not with grades, they're what I want and what I choose to have.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads