LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I usually work hard but at times I can be quite lazy. .
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ^
    Ah, teachers.
    Luckily throughout my high school, I've never had a teacher that wasn't willing to help, though my advanced math teacher's a little hardcore. But she used to teach college.

Man, the lady's smart.

But the completely awesome thing is, we get stickers on our tests if we get A's.

You never know how pleasant a sticker is until you get one. Even if you think it's for Kindergardeners.

There's something about seeing a "STAR STUDENT!" sticker on your paper.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    ^
    Ah, teachers.
    Luckily throughout my high school, I've never had a teacher that wasn't willing to help, though my advanced math teacher's a little hardcore. But she used to teach college.

Man, the lady's smart.

But the completely awesome thing is, we get stickers on our tests if we get A's.

You never know how pleasant a sticker is until you get one. Even if you think it's for Kindergardeners.

There's something about seeing a "STAR STUDENT!" sticker on your paper.
    Ahahaha, I love that idea, I tried to persuade my teacher to re-enforce the use of stickers but she said that she thought the class was mature enough to know when you get good grades.

But, some people aren't just capable of getting A's, so, I'd rather just have a sticker if you get above your target or something. As I've said, if you're proud of it, you should get an award.

I never noticed that you were seventeen, I always saw your style of writing and thought you were a lot older, and the age of moderators, I just assumed that you'd be older and have a career and all that borgeois whatnot...

My college teachers seem happy to help me when I'm in need, they don't treat you like children, now getting to call them by their first names, it makes me think that they're not robots sent on this planet with the sole purpose of teaching, they actually have lives. I like that now you're in control of how much effort you're going to put into your work, you're not constantly being jabbed with a stick pushing you intot he wrong career aspect.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    I have gotten all A's my whole life. Not one B. There was one thing that made me so mad my entire life: My school NEVER challenged me. I knew all of the work, before having them teach it to me. What was the worse, was: We had this test in 4th grade to see what Saxon book we would learn from. I passed out of pre-algrebra. Got every question right. That means I was ready for algrebra in 4th grade. My school didn't give me algrebra untill the last 3 months of 8th grade. Now I go to a different school, and it is great. I actually like going there. Now I'm doing algrebra 1. If I was given algrevra when I was ready (4th grade) I could be doing calculus now. Dang I hate my old school.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfanboy
    I have gotten all A's my whole life. Not one B. There was one thing that made me so mad my entire life: My school NEVER challenged me. I knew all of the work, before having them teach it to me. What was the worse, was: We had this test in 4th grade to see what Saxon book we would learn from. I passed out of pre-algrebra. Got every question right. That means I was ready for algrebra in 4th grade. My school didn't give me algrebra untill the last 3 months of 8th grade. Now I go to a different school, and it is great. I actually like going there. Now I'm doing algrebra 1. If I was given algrevra when I was ready (4th grade) I could be doing calculus now. Dang I hate my old school.
    You have a point here. But, and this is how you're coming across to me, you're probably the sharpest tool in the bunch so you have to consider what the other students are feeling.

For the whole educational syllabus to be changed, well, you'd have to do so much to do with government and whatnot but also, they have their boundaries because they know what kids should not be capable of. Limitations are there so they don't want to push the poor kids over the edge, if one person out of my whole year was too brilliant and wanted extra teaching then the whole class would have to learn it and go through all the complicated teachings, I couldn't do that without my brain exploding.

Learning to study with a personal tutor should solve it but I really wouldn't take the option to drag all of the other students with you just for a challenge.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Ahahaha, I love that idea, I tried to persuade my teacher to re-enforce the use of stickers but she said that she thought the class was mature enough to know when you get good grades.

But, some people aren't just capable of getting A's, so, I'd rather just have a sticker if you get above your target or something. As I've said, if you're proud of it, you should get an award.

I never noticed that you were seventeen, I always saw your style of writing and thought you were a lot older, and the age of moderators, I just assumed that you'd be older and have a career and all that borgeois whatnot...
    Ah, well, I'm in the honors class. So we're expected to make good grades.
    Maybe in the lower classes she'll hand over a sticker for a B.

And I just actually have 5 years of experience being 12 ;D
    There's no 17-year old around here
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Ads