Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by surfinrach90
    Quote for the mother ****ing win.

If the English win something, you don't hear the end of it, they still go on about the world cup they won like 70 odd years ago.. jesus christ alright.

Aren't Chelsea playing 2moro? If so then I'll be watching that, I think they are. I'll probably watch the match too, I want to go out and watch it somewhere, but I doubt I will too god damn cold to go out.
    Chelsea are playing my home town.

I hope its draw as I dislike both teams..

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Cappin', how come you support Man U? And the same question to Rach but with Chelsea (I'm assuming you support Chelsea from what you said).

But yep, Chelsea are away to the Boro' today, I'm not sure it's on TV though. A pub might have it on.

I don't think I've ever mentioned to someone about England winning the World Cup. I hate rugby. But if a Welsh person attempts to say that Wales are better, it's obvious to bring up the World Cup, it's firm evidence!
    Also, are you telling me that if Wales ever did manage to win something, you wouldn't mention it?

Fair enough Napalm, I don't find it interesting either, it just seems so repetitive and boring to me.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    Cappin', how come you support Man U? And the same question to Rach but with Chelsea (I'm assuming you support Chelsea from what you said).

But yep, Chelsea are away to the Boro' today, I'm not sure it's on TV though. A pub might have it on.

I don't think I've ever mentioned to someone about England winning the World Cup. I hate rugby. But if a Welsh person attempts to say that Wales are better, it's obvious to bring up the World Cup, it's firm evidence!
    Also, are you telling me that if Wales ever did manage to win something, you wouldn't mention it?

Fair enough Napalm, I don't find it interesting either, it just seems so repetitive and boring to me.
    My family supports them, so it has just passed on to me. They have never really cared about Sunderland so I started that out

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well, I live in Manchester yet I support Liverpool. Just one of those things xD

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    My family supports them, so it has just passed on to me. They have never really cared about Sunderland so I started that out
    Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Well, I live in Manchester yet I support Liverpool. Just one of those things xD
    How come you support Liverpool though?

I just find it odd when people support a team that has no relation to them, like unless they live near or their family support them, etc.

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewi T
    I seem to remember us winning the Grand Slam in the six nations a year or two a go, we're usually rubbish at the game I'm not ashamed to admit but this year we beat every single team in our path to win the six nations.

We celebrated, then that was it. We don't keep on about it, unlike the English who still go on about the world cup they won back in 66.

Oh and my younger brother and nephew both support Chelsea, I've always liked football and after being forced to watch the matches when their on tv I developed a likeness to them, and now I'm even getting one of their shirts lol.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hey wo, wo.
    The world cup is the best thing that has happened to England. Unless of course you count me being born

But yeah you drag it out way to far. Football fans don't use 1966 in every argument possible like you make out [although I just used it there] but it is something that we can cling on to.

Just cause Wales have never had anything to cling on to
    You don't know how it feels HAHA.

And to answer your question Lewi my brothers friend gave me a liverpool shirt once. And it stuck. I suppose after the age of 10 or so you just stick to who you are supporting currently

No Longer Have A Wii

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Every big game England play the commentators talk about it. They compare like every game they play to it.

Oh and we have won stuff thanks.

If England ever get far in some tournament they don't shut up about it on tv, they get as many celebrities as they can to wish them luck and stupid stuff like that. After England won the Rugby World Cup last time we didn't hear the end of it, and still don't. They had all the tv celebrities to congradulate them and it was in the news for aaages after, we win the six nations and the grand slam and all they do is say 'congradulations to Wales' on GMTV, and that's it.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ahh okay, fair enough that your brothers, Rach, support Chelsea, makes sence that you do! And same to you Wii_Smurf...it just annoys me when people 'decide' to support someone, rather than it being a part of them. These people are largely glory hunters!

Fair do's that Wales won those tournaments, I didn't even know, I don't follow rugby or even like it, I just want my nation to win of course. I'm sure there would have been more about it on TV, but unless it's a Welsh programme or there were Welsh people on it, then the English aren't going to go on about the Welsh winning something. Then if England win something, the English on TV are bound to go on about it! By the way I didn't know you meant that on TV people always go on about it, I was talking about people in general. But it's still bound to be referred to that England won the Rugby World Cup 4 years ago, because that means we are current world champions. It's like when Italy are mentioned in football, they are referred to as the world champions, even though it was over 2 years ago.

I've never really heard anybody go on about the World Cup in '66, other than saying that we haven't won anything since then! So really it's being used in a negative sense.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot: Everton 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL...YEAHHHH COME ON THE REDS! HAVE THAT YOU BLUE NOSED C*NTS!
    Also worth a mention, Rangers 3 - 0 Celtic, I hate Celtic!.
    Plus, in case you're not watching it Rach, Chelsea are 1 up at the Boro, Drogba after 8 minutes.
    Last edited by Lewi T; 10-20-2007 at 08:31 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Manu v Aston Villa is coming on in a bit. Hope to see Rondaldo have a great match.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Ads