+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wildfire? ._.''

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    Oh yeah, there was this kid on CS who was talking about how he had to evacute his house ):

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I kind of feel sorry for these people, all the innocent normal Folk.

There are a few people that I have no remorse for in this incident.

However, I have a deep wish that those injured fire fighters recover fully after their bravery.

Good job with the news bb.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I hadn't addressed injuries and fatalities associated with the fire so if you're interested in how the firefighters are doing down here this is what I have.

-12 firefighters injured at Poomacha fire.
    -7 firefighters injured, 25 civilian injuries, and 1 death at Harris fire.
    -1 firefighter injured at Rice Canyon fire.
    -22 firefighters injured at Witch Creek fire.

Also I'll update my previous post later tonight when more accurate figures on acreage and buildings destroyed is posted.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    the news is sayin that the fires have been started by a group of people that are connected...anyone got any news on this...i cant seem to find anything.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    They have dropped their massive news coverage on the fire down here since the winds have changed and it isn't threatening further west. As for arsin, I believe the Los Angeles County fires were started by people, and they shot and killed another person who was trying to set another one. WTF is wrong with people?

From what I heard the largest fire down here was started by power lines touching by being blown around by the Santa Ana Winds (Blow from the east to the west, versus the normal west to east flow, thus dropping humidity, and raising temps) that gust up to between 50-80 mph and thus creating sparks that landed on dry brush due to the fact we really haven't had any rain.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    the news is sayin that the fires have been started by a group of people that are connected...anyone got any news on this...i cant seem to find anything.
    To the gallows with 'em if that be the case.

Man, hope my cousin is OK, havnt heard anything from him since they started.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Where abouts does your cousin live Tails?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    San Diego
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    According to a recent news article one of the arsonists has been arrested. Another arsonist was killed while fleeing from the police. I'll try and post the article.

Here you go.

Link to the article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2737976.ece

From Times Online
    October 25, 2007
    Arsonists blamed for starting California wildfires

(Marcio Jose Sanchez/AP)
    A helicopter takes water from the swimming pool of the Chabad Kyrias Campus in Running Springs, California
    Jack Malvern and agencies
    At least two of the wildfires that have devastated southern California may have been deliberately set by arsonists, police believe.

Officers identified two suspects yesterday, shooting and killing one of them after a high-speed chase into the foothills near San Bernardino, southern California.

The 27-year-old man was spotted behaving suspiciously in the scrub behind California State University, San Bernardino before he fled from police and jumped into a car. He tried to ram police vehicles twice, prompting officers to open fire. He was killed in the second volley of shots.

A second man was arrested in Hesperia, also in San Bernardino county, on suspicion of setting a brush fire.

In Orange County, police say they are certain that a fire that destroyed nine homes was man-made. Jim Amormino, of the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said: "It's definitely arson and it's been deemed a crime scene." Investigators from the FBI were called in to inspect three different ignition points.

Another blaze, in Temecula, is also being treated as suspicious, according to the Los Angeles Times. At least three of the 12 fires have been blamed on sparks from fallen power lines.

President Bush, who is scheduled to tour the fire-ravaged area today, formally declared California a disaster zone yesterday. The measure expands on his announcement of federal aid on Tuesday, and paves the way for more federal funds to boost the relief effort.

“Most importantly, I want the people in southern California to know that Americans all across this land care deeply about them,” the President said.

Easing winds offered Californian fire fighters some respite today as they battled to contain blazes that have killed at least three and caused more than a billion dollars in property damage.

Some 1,700 buildings have been destroyed in the 18 wildfires that have erupted since Sunday, forcing about half a million people to flee their homes and scorching 172,000 hectares (426,000 acres) of tinder-dry countryside stretching from celebrity-studded Malibu to beyond the Mexican border.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, the California Governor, said that three people were killed and 40 injured in the fires, the worst to hit California since devastating 2003 blazes which claimed 22 lives.

The fast-spreading infernos were fanned by powerful desert winds gusting across the region towards the ocean. The winds began to die down on Wednesday, and increased coastal humidity early Thursday enabled fire fighters to make great strides in containing three of the five biggest blazes.
    Last edited by Syntax; 10-25-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    As for arsin, I believe the Los Angeles County fires were started by people, and they shot and killed another person who was trying to set another one. WTF is wrong with people?
    wow this happened today?

Ads