+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trucks vs. SUVs

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I agree, the Concept lightning looks amazing, but I read somewhere they scrapped it, tis unfortunate.

Have you had a chance to drive the ST-8? I would have to say that I very much enjoy Jeeps, but generally the older Wranglers and Cherokees, great offroad vehicles, almost rolled mine a couple times "drifting" on a raised dirt road and yea couldn't get it back before going down the side and getting up on two wheels then turning into it and pulling out of it. (Scared the hell out of me)

I like your diesel comment, and it is pretty accurate, the GMC site said their truck was capable of towing 13000 pounds and the Ford site said theirs was capable of 16000 pounds, I mean what are you going to be pulling that requires that? Anyways, I love powerbraking my dads diesel just enough to get the turbo spooling then I punch it from lights, (not fast by anymeans, but I've beaten a few Hondas with it).

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I tend to stay away from American vehicles, they turn me off I guess. I like vehicles to be more practical, for off-road that is.

I don't want to sound rude, but try to make it through the Kalahari in a F-150 or Tahoe or something lol. When I see a vehicle, I see what potential it has to offer, not how many looks I can get when cruising down 3rd street.

It's my thread, thought I'd share my opinion

EDIT: That new Jeep, I heard its wicked fast.
    Last edited by sherwood3570; 10-29-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I know what you mean, I look at a truck or suv and I see the potential it has, either offroad or show. I would take a Jeep over any other suv when it comes to offroading, though I do have respect for other suvs I just wouldn't go with anything but a Jeep. This is what I like for offroading.

Also I like this on the less practical side, but just as fun. Pics are of my buddies' dad's sand "Jeep"

Last edited by blueovalboy7; 10-29-2007 at 08:09 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Oh man, I want a ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7

"I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It's amazing, the body is entirely carbon fiber. One expensive toy, but his dad has a lot of toys, I believe he has 4 early to late 60s corvettes, plus a flat fender wrangler with a well built chevy 350 in it. Along with a motor home, a cherokee like the second picture of the cherokees I posted, and an early Ford truck from the great american race. All of these are housed in his huge 6 bay shop and has a car port on the side for the motor home. Drives a newer Chevy crew cab truck and his wife drives a 5-series bmw. Needless to say I'm envious of him.

Ty.
    Member #
    Friends
    on your paper, what are your basic compare/contrast topics?

type of people who own?
    types of useage?
    price?
    trends? (im sure you could go online and find the overall salse for each type)

I have a f150, and LOVE IT! I also decided I could never drive a suv just for the fact that you dont have the ability to throw your dirty stuff in the back, throw a duck boat in the back, or haul a bunch of landscape materials.

I am not going to disagree that those big diesel trucks are not awesome, but I dont think that they are appropriate for this paper, I would stick with 1/2 ton trucks like the f150 of the chevy/dodge 1500.

those larger trucks are *usully* not comparable eith suv's unless you are talking aobut the excursion, or the 2500 suburban, but neither of those are made anymore.

good luck with your paper, and let us know how it goes, and fell free to pm me if you ave any questions, or want some infor from someone who actually ownes a truck.

here is a picture of my truck

the truck I drive for work

and my parents suv (built on a car frame like mentioned above, but still a suv.

and dont say it is a minivan, because it is far from it with full time awd...
    Hardware: Wii, 4 wiimotes, 1 nunchuck, 1 clasic controller

Games: MP8, Sports, Play, Og Super Mario, Mario Cart 64.

Sig pic by Torchik

Ads