Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^You really think that a natural disaster will kill every single human being on the entire planet? Highly unlikely.

As I posted earlier, I think the most likely cause would be a horrific natural disaster that kills millions (if not billions) but doesn't even come close to killing everyone, which causes total chaos between countries which eventually leads to a nuclear destruction of the human race.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

2. Ads

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    ^You really think that a natural disaster will kill every single human being on the entire planet? Highly unlikely.

As I posted earlier, I think the most likely cause would be a horrific natural disaster that kills millions (if not billions) but doesn't even come close to killing everyone, which causes total chaos between countries which eventually leads to a nuclear destruction of the human race.
    Bare in mind when I say natural I mean like solar activity and the like aswell.

Anything from Meteorites to Sun Imploding.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^The sun won't die for an extremely long time, and its much more likely that something will happen before then.

A meteorite is a perfect example. I doubt we would get hit by a meteorite that would be large enough to kill every single human being, but getting hit by a meteorite of any size is much more likely.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    ^The sun won't die for an extremely long time, and its much more likely that something will happen before then.

A meteorite is a perfect example. I doubt we would get hit by a meteorite that would be large enough to kill every single human being, but getting hit by a meteorite of any size is much more likely.
    Yes the sun wont die for an extremely long time but the question was how will the world end, not how will it in end within this century or etc.

Member #
    Friends
    [Typical Nerd Answer]

Chuck Norris will go evil and he'll roundhouse kick the sun.

[/Typical Nerd Answer]

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    Yes the sun wont die for an extremely long time but the question was how will the world end, not how will it in end within this century or etc.
    Oh, sorry. I was thinking that "How Will The World End" was the equivalent of "How Will Mankind End" which is not the case.

Having said that, the death of the Sun is the most logical answer, because even if the Earth were to be struck by a Meteorite it would still be "The Earth" regardless of whether it would be the earth as we know it or not.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Oh, sorry. I was thinking that "How Will The World End" was the equivalent of "How Will Mankind End" which is not the case.

Having said that, the death of the Sun is the most logical answer, because even if the Earth were to be struck by a Meteorite it would still be "The Earth" regardless of whether it would be the earth as we know it or not.
    A meteorite could wipe out civilisation, yes it would have to be a large catyclismic one but the earth could survive and the human race might get wiped out give or take a few survivors maybe.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    The universe is classically 4 dimensions......and it is infinite....
    There's 10 or even 11 dimensions, if you believe string theory.

@Napalm, doesn't the Hiesenberg uncertainty principle say that light and other particles/waves can travel in bursts of speeds faster than 3.0 E 8?
    Nope. The Uncertainty Principle states that it is impossible to precisely know the position and momentum of a particle simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Marioman
    Dude astronomy is so cool....think about this...how far can you go in space...and when you get to the end then where are you? The only logical explination I can think of is that it's a big circle and you just end up where you started
    No one knows yet, but some think it's like that. Another possibility is that it simply goes on forever with no edge.
    Last edited by Napalmbrain; 10-26-2007 at 03:59 PM.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    I heard somewhere that scientists found the edge of space or.. so they think.. it's all blank after a certain point but, they believe that may be a large planet pulled the stars away from this area because it's large gravitional pull so it's very possible that this isn't the edge.

Yeah, I suck at talking about space so sorry if this makes no sense.

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Eh, I'm running on old theories I suppose. Shrodinger's cat, etc. Just got done reading "Black Holes and Baby Universes" and I plan on picking up A Brief History of Time....

Pretty sure in the former, things can escape black holes.....but those are all 70's/80's theory.

Also, about the string theory...that's why I said "classically"....lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Ads