Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    Avant Browser I have gotta say... It uses Microsoft internet explorer...
    Which is precisely why it should be avoided. IE is a malware magnet and promotes a non-standards-compliant internet with Microsoft as the gatekeeper. That's a Bad Thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Firefox.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    I have firefox and its really fast. . . do you have a crappy computer or something?
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    firefox

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    7867-6619-0079-5560
    no my computer is pretty fast. ive just found that in the task manager, when my computer starts to slow down (which isnt very often), firefox is always the process that uses the most memory. dont get me wrong, i like firefox, but i was just wondering whether there was a better browser that didnt use as much memory. from what im seeing here though, most of u guys think firefox is the best

Bwii FC: 356 598 142 007 add me!

ojo
    Member #
    Friends
    7902-8664-3910-2343
    Firefox is the best, I have been using it since it came out.

Carpe Diem (Seize the day)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by bmurray91
    ive just found that in the task manager, when my computer starts to slow down (which isnt very often), firefox is always the process that uses the most memory.
    What extensions are you using? Keep in-mind that many Firefox memory-leaks are actually the fault of poorly-coded extensions. You might want to try running without extensions for a while to see if that makes a difference.

That said, Firefox's history and caching (so that use of the [Back] button is speedy) requires a lot of RAM, and it's only compounded the more tabs you have open. It's hard to track this in IE to compare as it's not associated properly in Task Manager (since that memory is lumped together in Windows' own memory use).
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Firefox hands down, so much faster, security, add-ons, and is the easiest browser to use.

If Firefox runs slow, it's very easy to deplete the memory stored within the browser.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I find firefox has some annoyances... I still say avant browser, it also fixes problems in IE... I'm usuing it right now
    Last edited by Paulpro; 10-30-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    I use IE, go on, laugh. But it does the job.
    I love you, Adam.

Ads