Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by uloseiwin
    And I almost forgot, i hate it when snowboarders go down moguled trails...its pretty funny, though, they fall down every 5 seconds but there are some who are just AMAZING at moguls, Ive seen a couple snowboarders who whip right down em. But they really are meant for skiers...just like rails are meant for boarders.

And always, always, always, yell at people on the mountain when you are on the chairlift. It makes the chairlift so much more fun. There are some great things to do on chairlifts, believe me...
    lol i haven't tried moguls but i totally know what your talking about. It's hillarious to watch them try it but yeah some people can do it, which is awesome. The thing i don't like about skiers are that they tend to run into you, some fat newbie almost ran me down while i was walking, scared me a lot. Plus they don't wait their turns in the terrain parks.

Syntax that's a nice board, i was considering the burton air, but i got the cheaper, clash instead.
    Here it is
    Last edited by LeWaffles; 11-05-2007 at 03:31 PM.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax
    I snowboard.. I try to go at least five times every year to either Grouse or Whistler, BC. I own a burton air snowboard which can be seen by clicking on my profile.

My board..

Spoiler Alert!

And yes I go down moguls and I despise skiiers who constantly cut in front of boarders with no care whatsoever. Then, when you actually do pass them on the side they end up yelling at you for little to no reason...
    Grouse Mountain in Vancouver? Well I'd assume that since that's where you live but anyway I was just there when I went on an Alaskan Cruise. We stayed in Vancouver a couple of days before we went on the cruise and on one of the days we hiked on Grouse Mountain...went to the top and saw a pretty funny Lumberjack Show haha. Small world...

Brawl Friend Code
    2406-4799-0198
    If you add me make sure you PM me so we can play

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    That would be the mountain I for one prefer going up to Whistler but it's about a 2 or so hour drive. Worth it though if you plan on spending a day or so there.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm a boarder/skier ( I do both). It so happens that I live 10 minutes away from the slopes, so I go all the time. Right now though, my Burton is broken from a rather violent crash I had last season... Oh, and for the people who have never tried a rail, it HURTS to fall on one! I tried on my skiis, way harder than on a board! But I eventually managed (not without bruises...)

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I have yet to attempt the terrain parks both at Whistler and Grouse. I know that my cousins can do them but as for myself I wouldn't be able to. Mainly because I'm not the best when it comes to doing tricks on my board.

Member #
    Friends
    5255-6055-9906-1575
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii-Fi
    lol i haven't tried moguls but i totally know what your talking about. It's hillarious to watch them try it but yeah some people can do it, which is awesome. The thing i don't like about skiers are that they tend to run into you, some fat newbie almost ran me down while i was walking, scared me a lot. Plus they don't wait their turns in the terrain parks.

Syntax that's a nice board, i was considering the burton air, but i got the cheaper, clash instead.
    Here it is
    Snowboarders who dont know what they are doing run into you more often. Never go down the beginner snowboarder trail, youll get 7 year olds bumping into you left and right. But yeah, I never wait my turn in a terrain park, I just go. Skiers never do.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    I chicken out when it comes to the big jumps... Probably because the very first time I went off a bigger jump (I was 8), I landed badly, and my back was hurting for a month, so, now I get freaked out. But thats not too much of a problem, as I prefer slopes anyways. Fresh powder snow is amazing, especially on a board!

I'm probably the luckiest in the forums, I live in the best country to ski/snowboard. I'll let you guys guess.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    In my opinion the best place to live would have to be Whistler, BC Canada. Other than that I would have to go with Colorado. However, I may be far off..

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    One reason why living in the valleys is good, snnnnnow.

Got a snowboard, had it for quite a while now, it's my first one so it's nothing special. Dying to use it this year I can't wait. Great places to go around by me, can just walk up to the top of the mountain my father lives on =]

My sisters moved onto like the next mounting and they get better snow so if it snows I'll be heading up there too, can't wwwwwait!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    I chicken out when it comes to the big jumps... Probably because the very first time I went off a bigger jump (I was 8), I landed badly, and my back was hurting for a month, so, now I get freaked out. But thats not too much of a problem, as I prefer slopes anyways. Fresh powder snow is amazing, especially on a board!

I'm probably the luckiest in the forums, I live in the best country to ski/snowboard. I'll let you guys guess.
    Yeah i freeze up when i get too much time to think about the jumps. Oh and is it Colorado?
    Quote Originally Posted by uloseiwin
    But yeah, I never wait my turn in a terrain park, I just go. Skiers never do.
    Lol thats almost part of learning the terrain park, skiers don't wait their turn!

formerly known as wii-fi

Ads