LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Internet Connection Ideas

Well I got a computer in my room. The main computer and networking is upstairs and I need ideas. My dad dosn't mind putting in a cable but it will take like 6 weeks to come in from Hong Kong, I have WiFi and my Wii downstairs. ANy ideas on what I can do, is there anything ican attach to the computer to pick up wifi, need ideas fast. Please tell me if you know any common stores that sell what ursuggesting. I need to talk to my GF on MSN and can't use the main computer cause its a secret GF lolz

I though I could use a USB cord to attach the Wii to a PC and use it as a reciever, will that work?
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    3566-2838-2920-1663
    If you have WiFi in the house, you should be able to just attach a wireless card in one of the PC slots, I'll try and look up some more info for you later on, but I think mine came with the Linksys Router.
    3566 2838 2920 1663
    193389266929 - gh3

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    is it possible to get some sort of attachment so that i can have two lines coming from my modem... one for wii one for pc? i'm sure i'm talking crap here or something very simple...

be daring, be different, be impractical,
    be anything that will assert integrity of purpose
    and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers,
    the creatures of commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by owlsgo
    is it possible to get some sort of attachment so that i can have two lines coming from my modem... one for wii one for pc? i'm sure i'm talking crap here or something very simple...
    That's basically what a router does - lets multiple devices connect to the internet. If you get a wireless router you won't even need to run a wire to the Wii (wireless routers typically have several ethernet jacks on them for wired connections in addition to wireless connections).

Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    That was I was going to do but I find the WIFI laggy, I was going to use a wired modem udstairs. Run a wire downstairs and connect it to another wireless router. Then I'll strong WIFi for the Wii and DS and a lan connection for 360 and PC, thoughts?
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Ads