LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I played Nintendogs at a friends house! I think it was Nintendogs... but it was surprisingly entertaining... coming from a 16 year old boy.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Oh God, I didn't expect all these replies, but I'll go with it anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Although, gaming in general is regarded as "naturally masculine", which I also dislike the idea of, and that exactly where Nintendo are doing things right. Take for example Phantom Hourglass's ads. Some of those are targetted towards girls/women, despite the Zelda games being associated as "Longtime gaming" and therefore "naturally masculine". Compare that to Ocarina of Time's, "Whilst thou save the girl, or play like one", and you begin to see a serious difference in attitudes towards female gamers.
    I don't know why it started off to be masculine, surely, everyone fancies playing games, we've just accepted in society today now that it's a boy thing. That's what I noticed when I was little, my uncle passed me down all of his old Nintendo consoles, my nan wouldn't buy them for my mum, she asked for them, but I just never knew why. I mean, games weren't even gender specific then.

The Phantom Hourglass advert really threw me off, they started to introduce all of the typical girl games then came out with that at the end. I own that game, and, yeah, it's fun, but I wouldn't throw it in with the modern girly category. The reason I think that was for was the cell shaded graphics, I knew people who bought Wind Waker because it looked 'cute' compared to the other games, even though the graphics side on the DS look absolutely dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    Wow, remind me never to get on your bad side.
    Anyway, I agree with you on all sections, since I have a sister who feels the same way. Girls can be just as "hardcore" as boys when it comes down to games, but I don't think that these kind of games will ever go away. As long as there are parents who continue to purchase these sort of games for their children, these games will continue to thrive.
    Why does no one ever want to get on my bad side? xD

I think that's due to all of the violent games that are associated with gaming has spawned these girly parental satisfactory games on. I'd be playing Soul Calibur and my nan just simply could not watch, she saw it as some form of violence, but I was like "Do you know how many freaking buttons I had to press to get that combo!?" It's just the way you look on it... She'd point out crappy girly things in the shops too... Ehh, history is repeating itself through their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    It seems to be Nintendo's tactic as of late- they can't get the hardcore gamers (who mostly play 360 and PS3) so they appeal to other potential gamers. Ingenious really, but the problem is it leads to all these bloody party games and non-games (like Brain Age and WarioWare) and not enough "traditional" games (I dislike trying to define games as being masculine or feminine, so I'm avoiding it). I know some females who only like casual/cute games, but equally I know females who like Zelda, Metroid, etc. as much as the next male. I guess it's the price of Nintendo's resurgence that we must suffer a flood of those sorts of games, because I doubt they'd have survived without them.
    Well, I think that Nintendo could have survived without targeting a market which isn't new to games. It is really like trying to sell a car to people who can't drive. I applaud them for being innovative and all that jazz but these games aren't encouraging third party developers, they're just wasting time on all cases. But, I suppose if it's for money then we better get some sunshine from their asses when Brawl comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    I played Nintendogs at a friends house! I think it was Nintendogs... but it was surprisingly entertaining... coming from a 16 year old boy.
    Yeah, well, you like Celine Dion, Ziad.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Yeah, well, you like Celine Dion, Ziad.
    lol Can I ask how you know that? Or is that just a guess?! Or did I tell you..? I dunno!

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    lol Can I ask how you know that? Or is that just a guess?! Or did I tell you..? I dunno!
    You tell me lots of things.

I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    You tell me lots of things.

Oh reeeally! Well what else have I told you? lol

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    You'd like to know...
    I love you, Adam.

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    If someone bought me something like Metroid Prime or Mario Strikers Charged, I'd probably start crying.
    I need the girly games. And a variety of them, at that. Look at me, the stereotypical girl ~*gamer*~
    I actually have Cooking Mama on pause. I suck at cracking teh eggs, that shit is hard.
    I'm not domestic either...at all. Toasted bagels and ramen noodles FTW.
    That is all.
    To crack the eggs, you have to nudge the Wii Remote twice. Don't nudge it hard. I have that game as well.. Lmao! >_> But I finished. Well, I don't really mind. It does kind of bother me a bit, about the whole 'Hannah Montana Game' ..hmm, but yeah. Oh well, we can't really do anything about it. I just find a game that I think that's really interesting. So I buy it.

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiWouldLike2Play
    To crack the eggs, you have to nudge the Wii Remote twice. Don't nudge it hard. I have that game as well.. Lmao! >_> But I finished. Well, I don't really mind. It does kind of bother me a bit, about the whole 'Hannah Montana Game' ..hmm, but yeah. Oh well, we can't really do anything about it. I just find a game that I think that's really interesting. So I buy it.
    Haha I alwaysss nudge it too hard.
    I love Hannah Montana, lmao.
    I'm probably the oldest girl here, too.

Member #
    Friends
    6352-8868-3020-2426
    I mostly agree with you, except for one thing, Cooking Mama.

That game is awesome and not "Girly". COOKING IS FOR MENZ! I know at least 3 other guys friends who own it and no girls who own it. Again, COOKING IS FOR MENZ.

The only way you can say it is girly, is by not playing it. That's all I have to say about that.

Sig by Close
    Old one by Idjut

~Join The Tingle Fan Club (TFC)~
    9 Members And Growing!

-=:Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by bilzar
    That game is awesome and not "Girly". COOKING IS FOR MENZ! I know at least 3 other guys friends who own it and no girls who own it. Again, COOKING IS FOR MENZ.
    *thinks of a famous male cook*

Jamie "sansbrys" Oliver
    DIE

EDIT -
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-28rj.html
    Last edited by DBloke; 11-15-2007 at 08:57 AM.

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Ads