LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think they will change it completely at some point.
    But I think they will just modifiy the wii then in many years to come have a much better system for nintendo..or si am hoping.

Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    Quote Originally Posted by laderer5
    Im guessing there are a few things ninty will try.

1) Keep the wii like it is and just make it high-def and better technology.

2) Keep the system relativly cheap with probably a little improvement in graphics and just implement a new style of playing like: controller -> wiimote.
    hi-def..little improvement in graphics..make up your mind..sorry to put you on the spot..Nintendo will not go hi-def

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Get The Funk In The Car! RadNad's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I think they're going to stick with getting gaming to everybody and they're going to have some sort of basic name which everybody around the world can say like US or Yuu and stff like that.
    Awesome Fan Made (apparently) Vid of "The Nintendo On":
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayBMe5AvwhI[/MEDIA]

Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    ^
    I remember last year when everyone thought that was Nintendo's next console..everyone got excited..and then their dreams were crushed hahaha...personally I thinks thats gay

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blankconnection
    hi-def..little improvement in graphics..make up your mind..sorry to put you on the spot..Nintendo will not go hi-def
    For their next machine (*not* an upgrade on the [current] Wii)I would suspect the tech to generate HD spec output will be so cheap that it will be ubiquitous for consumer grade electronics including videogames.

Assuming this machine comes out in, what? Say 5 years? HD Media will be much more prevalent (vs. the tiny spec in the marketplace it is now), HD spec TV's will be saturating the home, nearly every bit of content will be delivered in HD (right now nearly everything we get on D* is HD). I figure in 4 or 5 years a new console without HD would be like a console coming out using *cartridges* vs. optical media!
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    For their next machine (*not* an upgrade on the [current] Wii)I would suspect the tech to generate HD spec output will be so cheap that it will be ubiquitous for consumer grade electronics including videogames.

Assuming this machine comes out in, what? Say 5 years? HD Media will be much more prevalent (vs. the tiny spec in the marketplace it is now), HD spec TV's will be saturating the home, nearly every bit of content will be delivered in HD (right now nearly everything we get on D* is HD). I figure in 4 or 5 years a new console without HD would be like a console coming out using *cartridges* vs. optical media!
    Nintendo..I think..will not go HD, why, because Nintendo uses its capacity and memory for gameplay not visuals..Nintendo thinks its dumb to make shitty game with shitty gameplay but insane visuals hence 360 and ps3

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    They'll have to eventually. It's predicted by the year 2010 that HD will almost become a requirement for all hardware you can attach to it. And if Nintendo stays to the pattern of completely new consoles (Not a ds lite like Wii lite) the next nintendo home console will be out in 2011.

So, yeah, I'd expect some of the later wiis to include HD.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo..I think..will not go HD, why, because Nintendo uses its capacity and memory for gameplay not visuals..Nintendo thinks its dumb to make shitty game with shitty gameplay but insane visuals hence 360 and ps3
    Oh I agree about the gameplay, but I also think Nintendo had a design target that factored in price. (i.e., I don't believe they skipped HD because it would dilute the "gameplay factor"). In 4-5 years when/if the Wii is replaced, I'm saying they can easily do HD +and+ have outstanding gameplay mechanics +and+ keep the pricepoint low (and probably triple the poly counts, quadruple the memory, etc., etc.)

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Ads